[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you fight with procrastination? I start doing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: 1478678944823.jpg (113KB, 463x462px) Image search: [Google]
1478678944823.jpg
113KB, 463x462px
How the fuck do you fight with procrastination? I start doing some shit then leave it because its just a random doodle

I WANT TO MAKE IT
>>
sit down, take a sketch of yours, just finish it. Render the fuck out of it. Just start finishing shit you fucking hopeless cunt.
>>
>>2744083
a new thread every single day xD
>>
stop making shitty threads and just do it
>>
>>2744083

>I WANT TO MAKE IT!
>actually don't make anything

Never going to make it.
>>
>>2744222
That's a really good tip. You'd make a great teacher. Have you thought about looking into it?
>>
>>2744227

>have enough time to be tripfaggot
>ironizing instead of making art

Not going to make it.
>>
>>2744083
>I start doing some shit then leave it because its just a random doodle
Make something that you care about. Make it a big project that requires tons of sketches, doodles and research that all slowly build off of each other. If you make something you enjoy, you'll invest the time into ironing out current problems to make the finished product as good as possible.

You could also take that doodle and push it as far as you can go. Once it becomes clear that you need to start it over to make it as good as it can be, use that initial drawing and anything else you learned along the way to springboard making a new, better version. Iterate.

Then again, there could be many reasons why you procrastinate. If there's an underlying reasons besides not caring, then deal with that first.
>>
File: Errday 1.png (3MB, 1400x6521px) Image search: [Google]
Errday 1.png
3MB, 1400x6521px
>draw everyday
>if too hard at first, do only 20 minutes, eventually you'll do more, just do it everyday
>grow a pair
>realize that if you are a begginer you've only got about 10 years to get good before your imagination goes to shit

The clock is ticking, OP. Pick a pencil or you won't make it.
>>
>>2744427
i procrastinate mostly because im such a beginner i cant do anything i would like to do. Its always copying stuff that doesnt even improve me that much. It gets really tiresome after a while.
>>
>>2744444
Nice get.

Now go read the sticky
>>
>>2744433

Cut everything below 3rd mastery and this is our new sticky.
>>
>>2744433
10 years before what? 30s? 40s?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479178926684.jpg (28KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479178926684.jpg
28KB, 453x604px
>>2744083
Figure drawing sessions. Go to a 3 hour session of short and long poses a week. Try to finish things as far as you can in the time they give you.

When you have more time, go back into the unfinished work and make interesting shit up. It will in lease your creativity and you've got nothing to lose because you have a pool of hundreds of partially unfinished things to mess with.

Check this one out. I ran out of time to do the background or head.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479179164963.jpg (92KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479179164963.jpg
92KB, 960x720px
>>2744083
Here's another example.

The thing is to generate drawings even when your inspiration is down, just draw from life and references. For me, figure drawing is very motivational, you are with people, your goal is pretty clear. If you mess up it doesn't matter because it's just a 5 or 10 minute drawing anyways. Those drawings are the best to experiment with, the drawings you have already categorized as fucked up. You've got nothing to lose with them. So if you draw aliens or fields or buildings in it, who cares if it doesn't work out? You already fucked up right?

Remember.
Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
-t.s. eliot
>>
>>2744083
I dunno, I'm procrastination right now
>>
>>2744433
>10 years to get good before your imagination goes to shit

Absolute horseshit

Your imagination only gets get better as your visual library gets larger and your brain processes information better
>>
>>2744567

lol this guy doesn't realize you peak and then cognitive decline sets in till you die

sorry doggo we ain't gonna make it
>>
>>2744083
living is not for you, look up for another hobby.
>>
>>2744444
Holy shit. Checked
>>
>>2744083
>I want to get good
>But I don't enjoy drawing

hmmm....
>>
>>2744444
Fucking quints bro
>>
>>2744433
>>2744598
>>realize that if you are a begginer you've only got about 10 years to get good before your imagination goes to shit
Where's the proof
>>
>>2744444
holy fuck, checked
>>
>>2744083
It could be a deeper problem. But if you really are battling with 'procrastination,' you need to do some self-observation. Study yourself and how you think, respond, and be real for once in your life. Because if you want to take it seriously, then what is at stake is pretty much your livelihood. And it's not just you who depends on that - it's going to be everyone around you and anyone who holds some sort of responsibility for how you turn out. So Take it slow and serious and really look at yourself and how you respond to work.

If you burn yourself out from thinking, then just stop thinking. Flow state is achieved by less brain usage, contrary to popular belief.
If you find yourself laughing off exercises, well stop. Know that everyone goes through exercises because they hungrily clutch at anything that might make them stronger of an artist, because that is what this world is like in the end.
If you find yourself just getting tired, then thats really simple. dont get discouraged, dont set yourself up for failure. just take it slow and build endurance. Same for the exercises. You build it up until it becomes natural.
If you are frustrated that you cant do it naturally, see above. You build it up. You do what you can do naturally right now, naturally, and then that will change into something else, naturally.

Time is money, onii-chan.
>>
>>2744903
ask anyone in their 40s? maybe even 30s.
>>
>>2744083

I take Modafinil for this, works wonders.
>>
>>2747619

Second. Any ADHD meditation also works well.
>>
>>2744444
Don't use being a beginner as an excuse. Find something you want to do, then make it the best you possibly can, even if it means starting over a few times. Get it to a point where you cannot physically identify anything that's off with it. This is now a pinnacle work - the best you've ever done. In time you'll find it laughably bad, but for now you should be pushing against the limits of your abilities - not shying away because you don't want to confront your current limits.

You must draw for a reason. There's probably something you enjoy drawing, or want to draw better. Focus on THAT more so than studying and grinding for the sake of studying and grinding. Throw in immediately applicable studies that are relevant to what you're stuck on right now. If the idea of grinding Vilppu makes you procrastinate, but drawing sonic OC gets you excited, then dedicate a good chunk of time to whatever gets you drawing. You want to make a habit of drawing constantly and focusing on improving in one small area you happen to notice you're weak at. Make drawing fun - people don't procrastinate having fun.
>>
>>2744244
>have enough time to say to others they're not going to make it
>not going to make it
>>
>>2747546
Are you an idiot? Regular people in their 30s and 40s have shit imagination because they never use their imagination. It's like a muscle that you never train or use, obviously it gets weaked and weaker with time. Artists who constantly use their imagination to solve problems only get better at it.
>>
File: my dick hurts.jpg (5KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
my dick hurts.jpg
5KB, 269x188px
>>2744083
>>
>>2749663

>That filename
>>
File: ryu big eyes.gif (2MB, 293x199px) Image search: [Google]
ryu big eyes.gif
2MB, 293x199px
>>2749678
try 17 hours senpai
>>
File: 1454863693806.jpg (8KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
1454863693806.jpg
8KB, 212x237px
>>2749680

Jesus Christ, son.
>>
>>2749680
RIP in peace your penis, anon.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.