[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /ic/ in my digital art course I was assigned to choose any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_mzj2srQIub1rt17mio1_1280.jpg (612KB, 727x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzj2srQIub1rt17mio1_1280.jpg
612KB, 727x1000px
Sup /ic/ in my digital art course I was assigned to choose any digital artist that works in a way that I never knew was possible beforehand and discuss why it is worth discussing about. But problem is I can't come up with anything so that's where you guys come in. Thankfully I don't know jack shit about digital art beyond basics so I think anyone will work as long as they are someone that expands solely on the idea of digital art. Nothing that is simply art done on digital stuff that can only be done digitally. All the help is appreciated. pic unrelated.
>>
>>2743534
Andrew "Android" Jones has done some weird ass digital shit, using strange vectors and fractals and things. At one point he rigged up some script that converted sound waves into abstract shapes and so would play the guitar to create abstractions that he would make images out of.

Otherwise probably some shit people do in 3d programs is pretty mindblowing and there are some really interesting solutions that use algorithms. I think some of the designs on the aliens from Edge of Tomorrow used some crazy algorithms to get movements not possible to animate manually.
>>
>>2743571
Oh, or maybe some guys who 3d print parts that can't be printed using any other method.
>>
File: scott-robertson-sr-portfolio-095.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scott-robertson-sr-portfolio-095.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
>>2743534

Scott Robertson, generally design area. It's more maybe what is "behind the art", but look at 53:00 about the texture bombing (also 33:00 about making character designs out of onion)

See pic related. A guy produces fuckton of those and just switches sliders and shits design after design without him even being there. Part about shoes is also quite awesome: he makes 900 unique designs of shoes in short amount of time, all that could be shoes some day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ7aaUVhGUo

Look at this whole video from the start (and generally more of his videos on custom brushes and modelling in modo), he shows quite interesting stuff how he "cheats" and shits designs.
>>
File: 131457255977.jpg (376KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
131457255977.jpg
376KB, 800x900px
>>2743586

Also I don't know if it is applicable, but maybe something yukaman(manglo) does? I mean, in terms of color, you can create digitally colors that don't really exist in real life.

Remember that biggest problem with traditional is that your colors are limited. You can't make your blacks "truly" black - but in digital art you can. So if you find artists that utilize those extreme colors, you are set.
>>
File: 13145725272.jpg (654KB, 970x1120px) Image search: [Google]
13145725272.jpg
654KB, 970x1120px
>>2743587
>>
File: 129449490096.jpg (363KB, 980x840px) Image search: [Google]
129449490096.jpg
363KB, 980x840px
>>2743588
>>
File: 131720195152.jpg (224KB, 930x750px) Image search: [Google]
131720195152.jpg
224KB, 930x750px
>>2743589
>>
Some of Tom Scholes' stuff is created in a very digital way. He's done a lot of work with modular design, and a lot of his paintings are recycled from his old images--he paints more with the clone stamp tool than a regular brush.

Some 3d artists use premade pieces for modular design too, I think Vitaly Bulgarov did that a little for his 10 days of mech challenge.
>>
>>2743594
And Maciej Kuciara and others do photobashing that is impossible to do traditionally.
>>
>>2743571
I actually know of this guy. When reading his wikipedia page seeing that he worked for nintendo and made 1000 self portraits it immediately clicked in my head that he was the guy that made Dark Samus. I never really looked into him other than that beforehand but after reading some of his other stuff I think it is enough material to use but I have to look at other sources cause wikipedia doesn't show much detail of his methods.

>>2743586
Another student already presented him sadly but he would've been totally a picker of mine. Just that video alone is enough resource to show what he does and I would've been all set.
>>
>>2743624

Oooh, I remember one guy, he illustrated Mage: the Ascension 2ed, his name is Christopher Shy.
>>
>>2743634

Here he even explains what is obvious: lots of overlays of photographs and paintovers.

http://kclose3.com/pelovish.com/ronin/interview.html.html
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.