[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An /ic/ artist's narrative

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: asdsad.jpg (1018KB, 1332x1539px) Image search: [Google]
asdsad.jpg
1018KB, 1332x1539px
Open to thoughts and discourse.
I guess my thesis is that the concept of "finished" is a construct by normalfags and that letting it enter your mental process will deter you.

and that gitting gud is best described using calculus.
>>
I actually enjoyed the trip, but the text over a pic with awfl colors and cromatica berration memes are more disgusting than a superliberal that doesnt know who impregnated her
>>
>>2743452

aha well here is the plaintext

Does an artist cease to be, the second the pen leaves the page?
Is an artist not a mind, a person, and not an automated process of mark followed by mark?

He just never quite figured this word, "FINISHED", it is totally foreign to him.
It is a word stamped on his works, for the benefit of clientele.

"Is it finished?" The model asks politely, not realising that every
"sure" and "almost" is an outright lie to her, and moreso himself.

So when they say, "I can never understand how you could just stare at trees, or oil in a puddle, so relentlessly"
For they don't know what we know, how could they? For every success rests on a table made of art blocks carved from sorrow
for which no one gives any sympathy. It is seen as a pretentious dilemma, one whose energy could be better spent elsewhere.

An artist is better characterized as not as "one who paints" but rather "one who worries that he has not painted". He sees himself
as unique for his problem must be unique. It can't be THAT simple, it just has to ugh, I can't explain! It's this fabled path to greatness
he is describing. One extrapolated into the far and distant future, littered with landmarks like commercial success, a found workflow, a studio space,
and hopefully, a magnum opus.

Older artists tell him recycled advice, but experience must be a cruel teacher, one who gives the test before the lesson. Only in those resounding fleeting moments of progress,
does he realise what his work has been missing up to this point. But the yield becomes less and less as the years go on, and the plateus became saharas.

Like a ship on a trip with no end in sight; the captain, the ego of this artist, must convince the rest of the crew, his mind, his body, his soul, his parents, friends
lovers, that all the errors are to only correct course, onwards! Forever, the ship must correct course, without knowing where it is actually going.
>>
>>2743465

It is at this time, poetry and metaphor fail me, because the idea of GITTING GUD lies in Calculus.

The limit always approaches gitting gud, but never meets it. Because if that point, that you've "made it" exists, then you haven't made it.

Throw away this word "Finished", at least to yourself. The second you see, that you yourself, have never ascribded a work "finished" and that is a
"construct" like the feminists and gender queers like to throw around. The artist is a progressive on finitude, like a super liberal who says gender is fluid.
The normal joes just see's "Sketch = NOTdone" "colored=DONE! :D" Don't confuse yourself with your patrons, you aren't supposed to understand them, just as they
don't understand you.

It will be an interesting day when the artist becomes more obsessed with finitude and the patron more thoughtful of the artists process than the artist himself. Perhaps thats modern art?

So when they say "I can never understand how you could just stare at trees, or oil in a puddle, so relentlessly"
Rehearse and reply "I can never understand how you can call something finished."

The aha moment will come, they will understand the puddle, and you the value of placing commerce before your dreams.
>>
>Faggotry status: RAMPANT
>>
tl;dr
>>
>Art is hard.
>Normal people just don't understand,
>my soul is black with the filth of the forlorn path I walk.
Here OP, I summed up your whiny bullshit in shitty poetry. I invite you to share it with your barista the next time your gothic tattoo designs and fedora fail to impress upon her just how deep and creative you are.
>>
File: 1457486168238.png (425KB, 486x495px) Image search: [Google]
1457486168238.png
425KB, 486x495px
>>2743444
>>2743465
>>2743466
>>
File: 1464906178023.jpg (13KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
1464906178023.jpg
13KB, 332x332px
Did the last cringe thread die?
>>
>>2743546

what
>>
OP do you even draw?
>>
>>2743444
What the fuck is this supposed to be? Go fuck yourself. It's overly pretentious, badly written prose. Worst of all it's fucking free verse, a bullshit 'haha i'm too lazy to rhyme' poetry knock-off.

Here, have a quickie I wrote in a few minutes for my boyfriend last night. This is what REAL poetry looks like. Faggot.

A Jaybird, born from contact lewd
Comes crawling through the sewer nude
Then homeless man, a wizard shrewd
Comes up, and speaketh, "Hello dude"

Says Jaybird, "Sir, have you no coin,
For naked man with lust of groin?"
Says wizard, "No, but I have lust,
And soon you'll feel my anal thrust."

The homeless witcher acted quick -
With sticky fingers drew his dick,
And soon the Jaybird knew the pain
The life that anal sluts sustain.
>>
File: 1452824523434.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452824523434.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
what the hell is even going on in this thread
>>
>>2743444
this is now an awful poetry thread
>>
>>2743444
This is just ass half plagiarized from "Art and Fear"
Read the sticky, the /gd/ one
sage
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 600x612px
>>2743605
>>
>>2743493
An artist always improves and never stops improving
>>
>>2743444
ty based OP, check yourself btw

under that layer of pretentiousness, which all seem to focus on, it hides a truth which I had to learn

too many times I didn't start drawing because I knew I dind't had the energy atm to finish a piece

now I won't bother about that and go to drawing the moment I press ''post''

I also saved your pic to reminded myself my work is never finished

bless you with art gains OP
>>
>I don't finish stuff and I'm okay with that
>write """"" thesis""""" that just reaffirms one sentiment over and over
>post it in a place where this is news to nobody
10/10 defiantly gonna make it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.