[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You don't Have to be "GOOD" to Make it??

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: Shoorayner.png (548KB, 1047x531px) Image search: [Google]
Shoorayner.png
548KB, 1047x531px
This guy literally draws two dots for eyes an L shape for a nose, and an upside down orange for a mouth, and he gets away with it.. WTF??!!? I'm just so pissed because there are other artists that spend a shit ton of time putting in so much more detail, and they don't get noticed, but Why this guy. JUST WHY?
>>
File: Shoo.png (363KB, 521x385px) Image search: [Google]
Shoo.png
363KB, 521x385px
>>
>>2743358
omg wtfffff?????
>>
>>2743358

What the fuck I don't believe this shit how is it possible that this guy is better than OP and 40% of /beg/?
>>
>>
File: different emotions.jpg (392KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
different emotions.jpg
392KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 20-different-emotions.jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20-different-emotions.jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
>>
What the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>2743360
>>2743364
Idk he's like a 60 year old children book author. He's been drawing for nearly 55 years of his life, and he still draws like shit.. How is this possible.. And he makes a living, has a wife and daughter.. It amazes me
>>
>>2743365
KEK someone turn all of these into reaction images
>>
apparently he even has a wiki page all about him, it blows my mind.
>>
why do you even care ?

You can "make it" doing anything that other people are willing to pay for.

Hidden & reported.
>>
>>2743379
Shoo rayner is that you?
>>
>>2743359
>Shoo
He's still better than you
>>
>>2743418
First of all, if you think that's my drawing, it is not. It's his drawing, and second of all, tell me one thing you see in his entire art gallery that is even at the very slightest, appealing. I mean if your standards are that low, I'd suggest to look back on your life, and go down the path of a "hobbyist" rather than being an "artist".
>>
File: carrta.png (37KB, 199x218px) Image search: [Google]
carrta.png
37KB, 199x218px
>>2743366
>mfw
>>
File: 69.png (34KB, 188x222px) Image search: [Google]
69.png
34KB, 188x222px
>>2743430
>>
>>2743358
Welcome to the wonderful world of cartooning, OP, bottom of the barrel hacks.
>>
>>2743358
His stuff is well suited to his intended market (children books). There is an easily digestible, accessible charm to his style.
>>
>>2743365
Holy fuck I'm dieing, these are some a class reaction pics
>>
>>2743510
This. It's just basic marketing. He's not trying to make a career in concept art or magic cards, or whatever you guys want to do with it.
>>
>>2743358
Cartoonists are just failed artists that couldn't paint or draw good enough to make a living.
>>
>>2743728
But he DOES make a living with his drawings, that's the whole reason why OP is so mad at him in the first place.
>>
>>2743818
this

>>2743429
you are a fucking faggot holy shit
>>
>>2743358
>>2743510
>>2743720

Exactly. Is your goal to make money and be popular? Or is your goal to be good at art?

I don't think the guy who's drawing you posted is under any illusion that he is a "great artist", his skill is in giving his consumers what they want and marketing himself.

If you are motivated primarily by money and popularity to the point where you complain online about others maybe you should re-access your goals OP.

It's absolutely fine to be motivated by money and popularity but there are much much more efficient and enjoyable ways of attaining those things than through making art.

Maybe you aren't really motivated by doing good artistic work but are instead in love with the idea of yourself as a rich and popular person who does art.
>>
>>2743827
Shoo off you shoo fag
>>
>>2743358
>on average has a couple thousand viewers
i wouldn't exactly call that successful, surely out there but not successful
i would only consider a channel with consistent 10,000 viewers and subscribers as to being "known"
>>
File: unknown (6).png (323KB, 895x550px) Image search: [Google]
unknown (6).png
323KB, 895x550px
>tried to watch one of his video

Oh god no
>>
>>2744278
>typical millennial retard
He's an actual working artist and author, you imbecile, not a youtube celebrity.

He's real world successful, not Sycra successful.
>>
>>2743358

Man, it's just like anything else that people pay for

People don't buy the thing, they buy what the thing does for them. They're not buying a drill, they're buying a round hole

When it comes art, that round hole is emotional fulfillment

If a piece of art makes a person feel good, they'll pay for it.
>>
>>2744289

I see 'millennial' getting tossed around so much here

Are there that many 4chan posters above the age of 34?
>>
File: 1434655708209.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1434655708209.gif
3MB, 320x240px
Oh my god, an entire 7000 views?
Someone stop this madman!
>>
>one of the best known children's book illustrators
>haha he doesn't even average 10k views on youtube what a loser!
>>
>>2743358
>Cartoon
>>
He's only got a few thousand views per video, what good is that?
>>
>>2743358
>tfw can't even draw that good
Haahaa..
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.