[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well uh, that was an unexpected picture.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (128KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 960x638px
Well uh, that was an unexpected picture.
>>
>>2742873
The size of that ear
>>
Is that Yeb Junior?
>>
retired conservative makes mediocre paintings

surprise
>>
>>2742873
leave george alone
>>
>>2742873
This is pretty much /ic/ to its core: That fucking feelinging when someone is not really good, but still way better then you.
>>
File: ben garrison.jpg (347KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
ben garrison.jpg
347KB, 1280x960px
>>
File: Neanderthal-610x356.jpg (38KB, 610x356px) Image search: [Google]
Neanderthal-610x356.jpg
38KB, 610x356px
>His paintings have been met with a middling reception from art critics. Bill Arning, director of the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, called his portraits "thickly painted in what I would call 'high-amateur' mode" and wrote, "I would say they need to be less based on photographic reproduction. You can tell when someone is taking a found photograph and making a painting out of it [...] I think he'd be well advised to work from other, multiple photographic sources or the real person to get a little bit more liveliness going on."
>>
>tfw he's still symbol drawing after like 5 years of painting
Jesus christ, he can hire the best instructors that money can buy and they still haven't gotten him past that?
>>
>>2743518

Worst is that he at least met guys like Mark Carder, why can't he pay 3x$3000 and get personal lessons that will make him make good portraits and still-lives?
>>
>>2743518

Just because he can doesn't mean he necessarily has.

Maybe he just treats it as a hobby and has realized that after being president of the united states "making it" isn't a top priority.
>>
>>2743514
that critique is unnintentionally condescending and pretentious, but worst of all: it's wrong. it shows how some people trained in the old school get stuck, and become blind to the advantages of using non traditional methods.
>>
>>2743537
He did take lessons, though. I imagine he's not too interested in learning and just wants to paint, Carder's approach of measuring, color checking, and pre-mixing everything would probably bore someone like him.
>>
>>2743506
ben garrison is a legit good artist
>>
>>2743568

Yeah, you are right.
>>
File: 1477673119003.png (137KB, 301x312px) Image search: [Google]
1477673119003.png
137KB, 301x312px
>>2743541

> Lil' Georgie, what do you wanna be one day?
> I wanna be a mediocwer pwainter! :)
> Jesus fuck grow some balls, army first
> :(

> Big Georgie, what'cha wanna be, army boy?
> A mediocre painter!
> Fucking faggot! Here, have some oil fields and man up.
> :(

> Mr. Georgie! Nice oil. Wanna run for state office!
> Actually, I have in mind a mediocre painting of Dick Cheney...
> Who the fuck is that? Here, have a governorship of Texas, retard.
> >:(

> Sir George, what a popular governorship! Running for president like your old pops?
> Well, actually, I bought some really shitty dried up acrylics from Michaels for $5 and I...
> FUCKING FRUIT! Here, you're president, artboy faggot!
> >:E
> OK WELL FUCK THE WORLD I'M PAST MY PRIME, I'M DRONING IRAQI CHILDREN!
> Sir...

> Mr. President, you retired. What's next?
> WELL...
>>
>>2743645
What a horrifying cycle. For us laymen, it's getting a STEM degree.
>>
>>2743514
Nothing wrong with portraits

but he'll get better. I just think his work needs to "say" more
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 640x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 640x369px
>>2743790

He has pretty interesting ideas, so I think there's hope.
>>
>>2743999

On the other hand he has 70 years...
>>
>>2743441

I'm european and don't know a great deal about US politics, but I didn't expect Bush to have a creative bone in him. Maybe because of the way he's portrayed in our media idk. It's almost endearing somehow - perhaps because a former POTUS is hard to relate to on a personal level, but seeing him painting makes it feel like I could have a drink with him and have a meaningful conversation.
>>
>>2742873
He cant let go the oil. He is obsessed with it.
>>
File: 1200.jpg (140KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
140KB, 1200x675px
creepy
>>
>>2743514
>based on photographic reproduction
>>
>>2744206
I wonder what he's said about this painting. It looks like a manifestation of his guilty conscious over the war in Iraq or something.
>>
>>2744008
>akes it feel like I could have a drink with him and have a meaningful conversation.
That's exactly why so many people voted for him. He seemed very relatable and down to earth.
>>
>>2744209
>that face
>brown boy pointing/staring accusingly but not right at him

Seems like it
>>
>>2744206
>>2744209
That's obviously a poorly photoshopped digital painting.
>>
>>2744197
Kek. Underrated.
>>
>>2743645
>>2743789
>tfw that's my life
Fug. How can someone make it if they have to spend all their time studying stem and then working an unfulfilling job until they retire? Such a cruel world.
>>
>>2744206
That's from The Onion
>>
>>2743514

nigga he was president of the United States of America and now he wants to chill out and paint shit

how up your own ass do you have to be to even consider critiquing it seriously
>>
File: im watching you masterbait.jpg (11KB, 82x118px) Image search: [Google]
im watching you masterbait.jpg
11KB, 82x118px
>>2742873
>>
>>2742873
strangely I like him better now he isn't president..a lot of people seen bro tier when they leave political office though I imagine that won't happen with the clintons
>>
>>2743514
This is why no one likes artists.
>>
>>2744207
well he got the left one spot on so 1 out of 3 at least
>>
>>2744005
We're all gonna make it
Even George W. Bush
>>
>>2743559
Digital "art" lol
>>
>>2742873
Still better than 95.86% of /ic/
>>
>>2742873
Bush seems like an alright guy
>>
>>2745656
He is but he got memed by iraq war
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.