[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tons of threads bitching about "waaah im just not improving"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (942KB, 920x899px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
942KB, 920x899px
>tons of threads bitching about "waaah im just not improving"
>tons of people just replying posts with "not gonna make it" instead of sating something of actual worth
>Unironically saying Loomis is a meme

When did this board turned into a complete joke?
>>
>>2741524
when you joined it
>>
>>2741524
It's always been mostly a joke of a board. It's mostly beginners and trolls. Just stay for the good references and the small handful of people who are serious.
>>
loomis is a meme to a certain point, because he teaches a shortcut way of drawing a head or whatever that, after a certain point you don't honestly need, you just have to wing it and draw after a certain point without relying on a regimented guideline of doing it.
do you think the artist that drew that picture went by the LOOMIS method of head construction? or do they have their own internalized method of doing it combined with just intuition from practice. grinding skulls and hands wont make you a better artist. shouting LOOMIS is not good advice.
reading loomis' books nd doing the practice is good sure but that's it.
>>
>>2741524

But Loomis always was a meme.
>>
>>2741524
>he unironically thinks Loomis isn't a meme
Not Gonna Make It
Gonna
Make
It
>>
>>2741545
>I drew a lot
This is a pretty honest answer though.
>>
>>2741545
>waahhh gimme muh silver bullet!!
not gonna make it
>>
>>2741552
Because what do you want them to do? Write a fucking book cataloging every image they did in the last 10 years and talking about what they were thinking about each time? Then giving a list of artists they liked, a list of every book and movie they saw, and then a diary of all the thoughts they had that whole time?

There's so many books and videos explaining different subjects in art. You have no excuse for feeling lost on how to learn things when the information is really accessible. If you still suck it's because either you don't know how to learn things on your own, or you simply haven't drawn enough. Usually it is the latter. Beginner will whine "ohh but I followed that book you recommended! I drew every day!!!For 2 whole months! and I still suck!". They don't realize that to reach a high level they need to do daily work for a decade or more, and it will take more than blindly copying a single book. It requires you to actual think on your own and learn to apply things, and to actually draw and paint a metric fuckton. Every single beginner definitely underestimates how much mileage is necessary.

In any case different artists learn best in different ways, so how one guy did it may not even be the best thing for you.
>>
>>2741524
What do you expect from an anonymous community of faggots obsessed with being "concept" artists?
>>
Op you're just on a mood high
sooner or later, you'll be depressed just like the rest of us
>>
>>2741524
When Teal left a few years ago. It was already shit but that was the breaking point imo.

This place is toxic and will only hurt your growth as an artist. I just stop in a couple times a month to check resource threads and honestly I'd recommend most people do the same
>>
what are you losers honestly complaining about
>>
>>2741524
We have like three different stickies with an art university's worth of information in them along with the ageold wisdom that's been tried and tested.

Nothing you or I could say is honestly better than that, and people who do present their pieces for critique do get that over just mindless whining and meming.

I will admit that the board is too fast, too much discussion to creation.
>>
>>2741524
I just come here to laugh at you.
>>
>>2741549
>>2741551
>>2741558
What did he posted
>>
>>2741709
He was just raging that when he asks pros how they got good they tell him they drew a lot, and he was accusing them of hiding the secret to getting good and intentionally being vague.
>>
>>2741739
To be fair, we sort of do act shady and vague. It kind of throws off our credibility.
>>
>>2741741
Oh no, 4chan's credibility is being hurt!
>>
>>2741524
Just think about it.

Those guys spending time shitposting for the past year could have used that time practicing.
>>
>>2741741
>our credibility
fucking
kek
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.