[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is holding you back?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: Veklor.jpg (349KB, 600x763px) Image search: [Google]
Veklor.jpg
349KB, 600x763px
What do you need to remove from your life in order to get to your full potential?
>>
>>2741518
>What do you need to remove from your life in order to get to your full potential?
Mental illness and laziness
>>
File: hellodarkness.gif (491KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
hellodarkness.gif
491KB, 460x345px
>>2741518
Procrastination
>>
File: Screenshot_20161102-220134.png (958KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161102-220134.png
958KB, 1080x1920px
Weed.
Seriously how do I stop smoking I know it kills all motivation but I'm so addicted and I don't know how to stop.
>>
>>2741607
Just cut back slowly and ween yourself off it. You can also try maybe replacing it with a "lesser" addiction. Like instead of buying alcohol and drinking it all the time I buy candy and eat that when I feel I need a drink. It's still not healthy, but at least I can get work done this way.
>>
>>2741606
I feel you, I enjoy drawing but my body keeps running away from it for some reason
>>
>>2741518
The feast of souls, mainly
>>
>>2741518
My negativity. My only motivation is my negativity. I only want to improve to piss people off and tell them to go fuck themselves. Its a huge problem and I dont know what to do about it.
>>
>>2741518
My family kind of stands in the way at times. I already removed the other major obstacles that've been slowing me down so I'm anticipating some major progress this coming year.
>>
>>2741518
My own idiocy.
>>
>>2741518
My inability to draw a straight line.
>>
>>2741518
Chans
>>
>>2741625
Come, little ones
>>
ADHD
>>
white people
>>
I don't know what to study
>>
>>2741606
>>2741607

these two are me

weed just makes me want to draw and be more imaginative x100
>>
Low self confidence. lolll
>>
Indecisiveness and a constant feeling of guilt.
>>
Art school
>>
Dumbness.
I spend too much time drawing and studying fundies with little progress.
>>
>>2741629
This.
>get a STEM degree, anon-kun
No thanks.
>>
File: heh.gif (847KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
847KB, 480x270px
Success.
And I dont talk about landing my dream job, I'm talking about a reward for all the fucking struggle I've been through, the thousands of hours spent drawing without ever getting acknowledgement.

It feels like everything is just a sticky soup of no clear "i passed a milestone!" and "I actually leveled up!". After years of constant struggling everything looks the same and it's really hard to keep up the with the same amount of passion when I dont see any goalposts or way-markers on this huge fucking marsh I'm stuck in.
>>
>>2742461
>It feels like everything is just a sticky soup of no clear "i passed a milestone!" and "I actually leveled up!". After years of constant struggling everything looks the same and it's really hard to keep up the with the same amount of passion when I dont see any goalposts or way-markers on this huge fucking marsh I'm stuck in.
Are you me? People tell me to make goals and have more direction, but all I know is I just don't want it like it is right now.
>>
>>2741523
>>2741606
>>2741607

>First 3 replies
>Problems which 90% of /ic is facing
>>
File: edit9_thumb[1].jpg (20KB, 427x335px) Image search: [Google]
edit9_thumb[1].jpg
20KB, 427x335px
>>2741668
I've wasted at least 200 pages of paper trying to draw a straight fucking line. It still looks like shit. I won't move on until I do though.
>>
>>2742765
use a ruler and move on already
>>
>>2741518
Bad time management habits and my willingness to avoid social interactions, really. I can work. I can work well. I can put in large amounts of time into whatever is my goal at the time. I know what I have to work in to improve. The hard part is to keep myself focused for longer than one day. The self gratification obtained from shitty sites like this one, youtube, twitter and video games is my bane.
>>
>>2741518
I am utterly depressed and sick, I'm in my 30s and never had a so, depression and time have taken a heavy toll on my appearance (I kind of liked me back on my 20s) so I don't think I will ever be with someone, I work a job in a career I no longer like, the place were I live is quite shitty too.

So far art has basically has saved my life it is a shame I found it considerable late in life
>>
i need better genetics
>>
Internet
>>
exercise and homework has consumed most of my energy, its not like art was ever a career path for me but its sad to loose sight of something that I use to obsess over ( ill be it unhealthily so)
>>
the man
>>
>>2741668
there are no straight lines in art
>>
>>2742988
a circle is made up from tiny straight lines
>>
File: ricky.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ricky.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>2741518
Need to move out of my parents

They and my brother interrupts me all the time, they walk to my room all time
>>
Depression and loneliness. I got the skills but I can't get out of this fucking rut.
>>
>>2742997
same, i am stressed as fuck because i have to hide my work every time they come in
>>
>>2741607
>>2742374
Weed really gets me into art and painting like nothing else. However my skills seriously deteriorate under the influnce. When I'm high I have the motivation but not the skills, when I'm sober I have the skills but no motivation. Life is hell.
>>
I'm not talented. I can't even draw a stick figure .
>>
File: 1473857802377.gif (2MB, 319x264px) Image search: [Google]
1473857802377.gif
2MB, 319x264px
>>2742999
I always put a drawing sheet inside of book or notebook or something so I can close quickly whenever they come
>>
I draw less because I get depressed seeing that I still draw or paint like shit. I draw like shit because I don't draw enough. Repeat.

Though I try just to do it for fun, and not care about how does it look right now, knowing that anyway, I'll get better, but still I feel a bit bad.
>>
File: shae02T.png (259KB, 2409x3434px) Image search: [Google]
shae02T.png
259KB, 2409x3434px
The girlfriend takes up a lot of time and energy I could be spending getting good.
>>
File: 1474771303221.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1474771303221.png
108KB, 357x368px
My problem is that I just can't sit and draw for hours. I keep overthinking everything and wondering if I am really improving. I am afraid of wasting time with exercises that don't make me better.

Ironically of course instead I waste time not drawing at all. But at least that takes my mind of the unpleasant realization that I am not good.
>>
>>2743078
iktf
>>
>>2743073
DUDE
>>
>>2743073
what a fucking cuck
>>
Anybody that is close to me (family, friends, school, etc.)

I just need to be able to focus on art all day and I'll get gud real fast. If everybody stopped talking to me/ caring about me I'd actually be doing so much better.
>>
>>2741518
My full-time job.

But without it, I can't live comfortably to be able to draw in the little time I'm able to.
>>
>>2742477
After I stayed sober for months I thought it would fix everything, turns out the first two are the bigger bitch to overcome
>>
>>2743138
exactly, 9 hous a day fucks up a man
>>
>>2742997
>>2742999

Moving out is one of the best things you'll ever do. Just remember to exercise to keep your body, and in turn your concentration and stamina good.

You can basically just draw all day without interruptions. Its the best.

>tfw moved back in with parents after uni
>>
>>2741518
School, and to a lesser degree friends.
>>
>>2741518
Lack of motivation, no idea what to draw, shaky hands, STEM degree, living with family, and friends in general.

I would like to learn how to art, but as of right now I don't have the motivation when I'm not working or doing college shit. I'm also 90% certain my shaky hands are from high anxiety, which I apparently had just learned to live with for years. I guess I thought what I felt was all normal until the doc said some recent new symptoms were likely anxiety attacks and many things in my past suddenly made a lot more sense. Looking back I probably shouldn't have bottled up all my emotions and feelings.
>>
>>2742992
More like dots
And guess what dots are? Tiny circles
>>
>>2741518
Depression and Apathy...
>>
>>2742775
You are me.
I get lots of praise from people who pay me for my work, but god damn, I can't sustain my top performance longer than one day per week. My pattern looks like this: drool like a retard untill I get a call or message (shit needs to be done), flip my shit, work 20 hours straight, it looks fucking good. Next 3-5 days I fuck around doing useless shit while psychologically sustained by "I earned it" feeling. Suddenly I realize my last 5-6 days are fucking worthless and get depressed untill I get another difficult task => "I earned it this wasted time".

Please help.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.