[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple/fast art styles

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_mywhlqSpXZ1qidkpwo1_500.gif (21KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mywhlqSpXZ1qidkpwo1_500.gif
21KB, 500x346px
What aspects do you think makes a simple art style good or bad? Which ones do you like/dislike and what makes them work/not work?
>>
>>2740883
Poor value, poor compositional work, poor general concept being badly articulated.

In the picture you've posted, the silhouette isn't enforced by the value at all and the focal work is spotty as hell, relies on typical noodly arm poor dynamism to carry picture.

As for the art style itself, it's simplifying in ugly directions. The circle head doesn't do much for me at all, reminds me of that funko pop shit.
>>
>>2740883
if that was rendered enough to look like a dreamworks movie I'd like it
>>
>>2740883
I made a similiar thread a while ago OP and would like to know the objective answer as well.

Having an art style that is simple/attractive is good because its something you don't have to put a lot of time and effort in to get lots of people to like it.
>>
I really love pic related sketches, for me its the black+colurs aesthetics if it makes sense..
>>
File: cartoon.jpg (159KB, 610x382px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon.jpg
159KB, 610x382px
First thing people should understand about simple artstyle is that they shouldn't dump fundamentals to make it.
Everything else could be experimented with and still reach a somewhat enjoyable style
Even retarded cartoony stuff have to work with a small measure of proportions.
Pic somewhat related on dos and don'ts.
>>
>>2741033
You do have to put the time to learn what is appealing though, that takes a while
>>
I have a question along these lines. Are there any tricks or particularly useful shortcuts comic artists use to save them a bit of trouble?

I'm thinking about taking the doxy approach and making some very basic 3D models then using them for gesture and construction so I only have to worry about design, but feel things could get a little rigid like that.
>>
>>2741112
A lot of comic artists "cheat" to save time.
Some professional comic book artists even go to the lenghts of tracing stock photos to save time.
The 3D model approach could be very well done if you did a 3D model for a recurring character and under your own visual style.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.