[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible to improve that fast? All I want to do is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: fengzhu.jpg (116KB, 611x609px) Image search: [Google]
fengzhu.jpg
116KB, 611x609px
How is it possible to improve that fast?

All I want to do is improve, but I don't know how to do it.

Anyone planning to save up the money and go to this school?
>>
Their improvement was that their started using color?
>>
>>2738858
FZD does deliberate practice with their students which is why they improve so quick. They're always pushed just right at the edge of their abilities so they're always having to do something they couldn't do before and by doing so, they improve very quickly because they know what they know and what they don't know. It's clear and cut unlike self-teaching. They also spend a lot of time on drawing and improving is all about mileage. They're full time artists so that's already 40+ hours a week. A luxury most people don't have to spend on improving their art. They're also in a fun environment and around competitive people, which further motivates students to strive ahead. It's the perfect environment for improving which is why they do so quickly.
>>
>>2738858

Its done by deeply internalizing a formulaic pipeline that meets industry standards through endless repetition and turning your passion into a soulless job you so desperately wanted to avoid when you started doing art.

Do not envy the dead.
>>
>>2738877

You mean actually taking the time to learn the rules of realistic painting instead of wallowing in procrastination and self-pity?

Wew.
>>
>>2738858

>5-30 minute sketch versus 30-50 hour finished piece

nice comparison
>>
>>2738915
It is. That's the limits of a beginner to their limits now.
>>
>>2738858
>How is it possible to improve that fast?

First are things done traditionally, mostly from imagination and without knowledge of design.

Second are full-blown digital concept art that utilizes fuckton of photobashing, possibly 3D models for perspective, paint-overs and much, much more hours than the things on the left.

See at the last pic - background is some photo filtered and treated with custom brushes, trees are also photobashed.

I'm not sure about the house, it can be photobashed, but also it could have been bought 3D model treated with appropriate textures and again, custom brushes.

That small figure of a man is probably the most "original" thing in that pic.

Different workflow, different goals, different tools. See Robertson, a teacher of Feng, he talks about it all how he just shits awesome design after awesome design when most of it is created without him being near the PC or with some real low hacks like making a character of some onion mirrored and stretched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diMDoFkN73s
>>
apparently nobody ever tries to create a full color composition before applying to FZD.
>>
>>2738923
this. Obviously people do improve a ton but one of the reasons why all of their work is "professional" in a year is because they utilize all these tricks. They get very good at perspective but learn little else. Just look at the figures or faces of any one of these guys' paintings and they'll really stand out because they're so low quality compared to the perspective stuff.
>>
>>2738923
Ew, photobashing. I don't need to be good that badly.
>>
>>2738939
They decide admissions based on ideas, not art skill.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.