[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why haven't adobe just hired this guy or stolen his work?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: lnp_TwitterCard.png (86KB, 435x315px) Image search: [Google]
lnp_TwitterCard.png
86KB, 435x315px
why haven't adobe just hired this guy or stolen his work?
>>
>>2738067
It's useless for real werk. tbqh famalandingdong san baka
>>
>>2738313
pls explain
>>
>>2738317
>Adobe is for real work not fingerpainting. Adobe, A few years ago
and don't ask for citation, I am not going to bother googling it
>>
>>2738327
Nigga what the fuck are you even saying
>>
>>2738327
All it does is stabilise your lines, I don't understand why that is classed as finger painting?
>>
>>2738067
They hate digital painters. CC 2017 is a joke, there hasnt been a single meaningful change to PS form our point of view in the last 10 years. And dont even get me started on how the brush manager is a relict from 1998 and needed a rework years ago, at this point its just Adobe trolling artists.
>>
>>2738327
Kek
>>
>>2738342

But it has support for emojis though!
See? It's not all bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGZ-Uwg-PkQ
>>
>>2738327
Kek
>>
you can still find very stable torrents of CS5.1

I've had that for many years. Super happy with it. Tried upgrading to CC2016 and immediately went back to 5.1

Fuck adobe, I won't ever pay them a cent.
>>
>>2738067
I use that shit in Warthunder
>>
>>2738067
But every art program has a line smoothener for shit people who want to pretend they're not shit.
>>
>>2738402
Not adobe, that's too advanced. Emojis though, real priority.
>>
>>2738313
hahaha dipshit

>>2738327
haaaaaaaaaa dipshit

>>2738386
I bought photoshop cs5 the second I got a real real job. As wel, doing freelance projects worth $10k I I figured $500 wasn't that that much to ask for a bit of self-confidence boost of feeling like a real legit artist.

>>2738402
There are far more more tools included in it than just line smoothing. The perspective stuff is is is pretty awesome.
>>
>>2738067
Corel Painter have this by by default
>>
>>2738425
>Corel Painter
kill yourself
>>
>>2738342

Because they don't aim so much for painters as their main users but designers, photographers, photo-manipulators etc.

Photoshop in not based on painters' needs. In this case it would only had basic tools as layers, brushes,.. but you know that that is only 1% of this program.
>>
Who clip/manga studio master race here?
>>
>>2738442

It just strikes me as a bizarre business decision when they no doubt know their product is used by a significant amount of digital painters.

I can't imagine it'd dent their pockets that much to program a stabilizer / buy out LN and throw it in there, and it'd please a lot of their userbase that gets sick of how unfriendly they are to digital artists and move elsewhere.

I really find it hard to believe that digital painters are so massively insignificant next to photographers in terms of usership that they aren't even worth the time of day. Nowadays practically every beginner artist picks up a tablet instead of a pencil.
>>
>>2738474
Hear hear.

Although I turn the stabilizers off.
>>
>>2738476

It's not that painters are insignificant, but trust me, they have less than 10% of income from people who use Photoshop as painting platform.
It's not that they don't value painters, it's just 90% of people who actually BUY photoshop in everything else but designers.
They have people who are PAYED just to find out for what purpose Photoshop buyers use that program.
If their main concern would be how to satisfied painters, they would go broke 10 years ago.

Yes, there is more and more people using pohoshop for painting purpose but realize there is muuuuch more and more people using same program for everything else.

Photoshop's main purpose always was, is and always will be photo-editing, photo-manipulation.
>>
>>2738474
The interface is terrible.
>>
>>2738491

I'm not saying adobe needs to shift gears and cater to painters and only painters, I'm just saying that providing a stabilizer would go a long way for catering to that 5-10% of whatever of their userbase. That isn't statistically insignificant even if it's small, and if some guy can make a very competent stabilizer on his own adobe sure as shit can do it.

It's less "cater explicitly to painters" and more "throw painters a bone".
>>
>>2738422
the shills are here, thread over
>>
>>2738067
>using stabilisers
>being a legit adobe customer
Pick one
>>
Le "using stabilizers is cheating" meme

Using a stabilizer (on a low setting) makes digital brush strokes MORE like their traditional counterpart, not less. A brush and a pencil against a textured surface has way more grip than a slippery tablet. Photoshop also does a lot of weird things when handling long flowy curved strokes that doesn't happen in real life. It also is notoriously bad at producing crisp lines that end in a nice taper, which is essential for inking.

But sure, keep denying that clip studio blows ps out of the fucking water when it comes to drawing.
>>
File: 1432966009751.png (759KB, 1769x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1432966009751.png
759KB, 1769x1041px
>>2738354
What in the actual fuck
>>
>>2738605
M-MUH INDUSTRY STANDARD
>>
>ITT: plebs not using Krita
>>
>>2738067
Because they dont give a shit about digital painting application of their software.

>no color wheel
>native stabilizer exists but is complete shit
>owful brush engine

They never made a program intended for painting to begin with.
>>
>>2740266
>krita not supporting my shitty tablet
>>
Because that would be admittence that people use photoshop to draw which they consistently avoid. It is a disgrace that programs like Krita and Mangastudio have built in stabilizers while photoshop needs a thirty dollaridoo plugin for it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.