[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any art books or decent videos series' that include

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (336KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
336KB, 1920x1080px
Are there any art books or decent videos series' that include a curriculum for getting mediocre artists over that barrier into "gud" territory? I'm at the point where I have sold art and won a competition with a picture, but I'm still slow and there are a few foundational things I'll screw up. I want to get to the point where I don't need to think so much about how to draw the thing, but the thing itself, and after reading all of Loomis, Vilppu, and various other artist's work, as well as doing numerous studies, I feel like I need a solid schedule and lessons... for as much as I've been drawing I feel like I should be up there with the high tier artists on this board, but I'm still struggling to just stay afloat and please people in request threads any more.
>>
>>2737684
Try watching Feng zhu videos, specially the later ones. They give you a good idea of what an art benchmark is, aka it gives you a clear goal on what to pursuit and how to do it.

You don't really have to land a job or anything, just be as good as them
>>
>>2737710
Yep, that's where I want to be. I don't care to much about a job so much as I just want to enjoy the process of creating art again instead of feeling like I'm wrestling with the picture. My visual library is also pretty limited being mostly on character design and anatomy, but like I said, I don't really excel at either. Really, the thing that gets me by is I'm good at emulating other people's styles. I've been at this for 5 years, so I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just not putting in the pencil mileage and not covering the right material.

And on a side note, I'm not complaining or trying not to, so much as provide more details on my personal issues to maybe help people pinpoint what I need to improve.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.