[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long-Term Part-Timer Thread #2: I Understand Your Frustration Edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 13

File: blaise it.jpg (72KB, 697x614px) Image search: [Google]
blaise it.jpg
72KB, 697x614px
Could you use an extra $400-$600 a month? I know I could, nigga.

I'm a shitty artist looking for a marginally less shitty artist to help me realize a game project in both a timely manner and in a quality I otherwise could never achieve on my own. Character designs, splash art, animation frame tie-downs and cleanup, effects, environments et cetera. Nothing's off the table, G.

Send me your portfolios, your hourly rates, examples and estimates; let's do business.

I want someone who's motivated, versatile, willing to learn and is of course able to set aside time each week to help me push my ill-conceived project forward. I don't care what your rate is, but considering my own limited resources, I'm naturally going to gravitate towards whoever can get me the best work at the biggest volume relative to what I'm able to spend. The last thread yielded quite a few solid offers, but it also may not have been straightforward enough so we're trying again with more of the cards face-up.

I'm looking for a weeb/'toon' aesthetic. If you have an animation-friendly style already I'll definitely take a close look at you, but even if you've never animated or drawn a cartoon in your life I'm willing to give you a shot if you're willing to try.

Look at Shane Glines, Bruce Timm, Alex Ahad, XA-XA-XA, and Chris Battle over the next week or two, put some topical OC in your portfolio and hit me up.

[email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WflkuBweSYo
>>
>Character designs, splash art, animation frame tie-downs and cleanup, effects, environments et cetera

Just to clarify, are you planning to hire only 1 artist with your budget, who can do all of those things?
>>
>>2737544
It'll help if you post examples of what you're looking for.
>>
File: THIS JUST IN.jpg (80KB, 790x602px) Image search: [Google]
THIS JUST IN.jpg
80KB, 790x602px
>>2737758
I'm just putting what needs to be done out there.

While I have no delusions about being able to get everything from one person, I do want to get as much out of someone as I can before they need a break or are otherwise tapped out. Unfortunately I can only afford to pay for one artist at a time.

While I'm looking primarily for a character artist and designer at this time, versatility is a definite plus because it makes my job a hell of a lot easier..

>I literally deleted the paragraph where I said as much shortly before posting and didn't even realize it hours later

Good God.

>>2737787
As I said I'm looking for a anime/'toon' aesthetic and to...

>Look at Shane Glines, Bruce Timm, Alex Ahad, XA-XA-XA, and Chris Battle

...for examples of what I mean. These are just examples though, if you already have a lot of work done in an animation-friendly style that's great, but not required. As long as you can pull something to that effect off without having a ton of similar work already done.

I'll be offering a paid art test to some of my top picks-just send in your portfolios, folks.
>>
File: tricky mickey.jpg (29KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
tricky mickey.jpg
29KB, 500x318px
b-...bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M
>>
What's your game supposed to be? Genre, theme, setting etc? Might help catch someone's interest if they knew more about the project.
>>
>>2738326
I'm mpre interested in what the actual work would be
>Character designs, splash art, animation frame tie-downs and cleanup, effects, environments et cetera
doesn't tell me shit

I'm assuming it's some kinda 2d platformer where literally everything needs to be drawn, but good luck getting anything done in this century at 400 - 600 buckaroos a month if that is the case
>>
File: maquette.jpg (77KB, 910x467px) Image search: [Google]
maquette.jpg
77KB, 910x467px
>>2738331

>I'm more interested in what the actual work would be

I'm primarily interested in a character artist and designer at the moment (character designs, turnarounds, poses etc.), but seeing as the project is being started from scratch nothing is off the table as I'd said. I want to see what you do and what you're capable of.
>>
>>2738616
Sounds like this is fake and you're just an artist trying to see what sort of rates others have and how people apply.

You almost had me at "I'm an artist and I have money"
>>
File: smh tbh fam.jpg (185KB, 811x819px) Image search: [Google]
smh tbh fam.jpg
185KB, 811x819px
>>2738700
>Sounds like this is fake and you're just an artist trying to see what sort of rates others have and how people apply.

Don't be silly, making a thread like this would be pretty ass-backwards when I could just spend a couple minutes looking around to get that kind of information.

>You almost had me at "I'm an artist and I have money"

lol believe me, I only have money because I have a job. I can't draw worth balls, but from anecdotes I've read I am at least a bit better than many art directors you'll find in some commercial environments. I think I'm good enough to sort of offer visual direction to supplement any written or verbal direction I may have for an artist, but at this time I'm probably not capable of handling everything. I truly could use the help of someone who's actually applied themselves to carry my dead weight a little.

I'm not completely incapable of creating assets myself but as an artist I have tons of blind spots that need to be patched up before I even think of doing something like this alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qLd9kjigzc
>>
>>2738616
You gotta at least say a few things about the project itself if you want to find the right artists for it. At the very least the genre of the game.
>>
>>2738700

How paranoid are you? Someone could up and fucking ask.
>>
What is the fucking project, you stupid nigger?

Who's gonna bother sending a folio to some faggot on 4chan without knowing what they're signing up for?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (49KB, 709x584px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
49KB, 709x584px
>>2738741
>>2738866
You guys are right. quite a few people have submitted their portfolios already, but if you must know-and I suppose it'd be fair for you to want to-it's going to be a 2D racing game with narrative and other elements presented in the style of a "VN". That said, it shouldn't matter much if it was what I just said or something based off of my 3238 page soft-core erotic Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction (that's already been done). What matters is if you can squeeze the big steaming piece of doo-doo I plop into your lap in the form of a sketch into a completed piece with appeal, and how much you're going to charge a nigga to get it did, gnomesaiyan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tei9eGf8tDs
>>
>>2738956
>it shouldn't matter much if it was what I just said or something based off of my 3238 page soft-core erotic Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction
It may not matter for you, it definitely matters to everyone else.
>>
File: some naked fuck lmoa.jpg (47KB, 660x624px) Image search: [Google]
some naked fuck lmoa.jpg
47KB, 660x624px
>>2738963
I understand, especially considering where we are. It makes sense you'd want to know if the subject matter was personally objectionable or not. I didn't really think of it myself because I knew ahead of time that it was mostly innocuous.
>>
File: le dancing libertarian face.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
le dancing libertarian face.gif
3MB, 480x270px
mornin' family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Sz_fTfr1E
>>
>>2738974
This looks like shit. Almost as if you are that annoying namefag.
>>
File: sinead oconnor.jpg (43KB, 881x792px) Image search: [Google]
sinead oconnor.jpg
43KB, 881x792px
>>2739466
>annoying namefag

You mean Nosebro? Honestly I'm pretty sure that kid's better than me, I'm looking forward to seeing how far he can get in a few years if he's still around. He's still very young so if he focuses and works hard he's in a good position to make it.

>looks like shit

See >>2738738

As I'd said before the point of this thread is me acquiescing to the fact that I'm not going to make it-at least not any time soon. I wouldn't offer almost every dollar that I can spare towards an artist if that were the case-I'd simply do everything myself.
>>
File: It's an ear fam.jpg (255KB, 734x979px) Image search: [Google]
It's an ear fam.jpg
255KB, 734x979px
Final shameless self bump. I just finished my third cast at the atelier today, fambinos. It'd be nice if there was a little more overlap between this sight-size sh*t and what I actually want to do lmoa
>>
File: yay.png (1MB, 1289x840px) Image search: [Google]
yay.png
1MB, 1289x840px
i'll shoot you an email and bump your thread
>>
>>2743411
Th-thanks
>>
File: muh butt.jpg (39KB, 800x592px) Image search: [Google]
muh butt.jpg
39KB, 800x592px
Oh shit I lied. Bumping again nigga, lmoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxFiNCtHVc
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.