[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is art so fulfilling? I find it difficult to relate with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: 1460729878778.jpg (36KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460729878778.jpg
36KB, 450x300px
Why is art so fulfilling? I find it difficult to relate with non-artist normies who spend their time consuming tv and videogames all day instead of creating.

Even if art doesn't get me anywhere just being able to put my world and creation on paper feels amazing, I guess i can connect with writers because they have a similar dream
>>
what is this post for??
>>
>>2737539
sounds like you just want to be a snob about it. you consumed media just as much leading up to being a creator too you know. you probably are an artist BECAUSE you consumed so much up to this point.

The "sheep" "plebs" "normies" you look down on are getting that fulfillment of creation elsewhere (jobs, kids, etc) where as artists would rather put those creational energies into their work. doesn't make one right or wrong. if you circlejerk all day with "artists" you'll hit a creative wall.
>>
>>2737539
lol fag
>>
>>2737539
Because normies are worthless plebs who dont do shit and arent worth talking to about any meaningful stuff

I accepted that I am basically better than almost everybody in the world and I feel lonely because of that. I hope to meet people like me someday.
>>
>>2737582
Everybody can spawn a kid or work at mcdonalds, we are talking about real skills here. Normies are actually worse people in general, fuck off if you are one of them.
>>
>>2737683
and everyone can draw if they allotted time.
>>
>>2737687
Yeah, thousands if not tens of thousands hours. You can make a kid in one night. You can get a job at McDonalds on your first try.

It's pretty pathetic comparing someone who does little or no effort at all to someone who dedicates his life to his craft.
>>
>>2737690
except you need skill and dexterity to fry burgers and social skills to get a partner.
>>
>>2737696
rekt
>>
>>2737696
>frying burgers
>few hours of learning
>social skills to get a partner
>only if you are ugly

What the fuck is this comparison anyway? We are talking about dedicating one's life to a craft. You really think that getting plain shit like a girlfriend is the same as making a good painting? Really?
>>
File: 1444652112102.jpg (28KB, 358x350px) Image search: [Google]
1444652112102.jpg
28KB, 358x350px
>it's this thread again

i've never heard of a bi-annual repost

the fact that i remember this thread probably means i should get off /ic/
>>
>>2737539
>gonamakeit
>>
>>2737707
You should.
I should too.
See ya next week.
>>
>>2737690
>You can make a kid in one night.
wow man I didn't know the 9 months it takes to make a kid took place over just one night. not to mention the 18+ years it takes to properly raise a kid into an upstanding citizen.

You're fucking deluded, and way out of touch with reality my man. too bad your "craft" will never make you any less of an asshole no matter how good you get. maybe your drawings and paintings can gather around your deathbed to replace the family you won't have.
>>
>>2737707
>>2737751
Let's all get off until we start procrastinating from our art once again. In about an hour.
>>
>>2737766
S A V A G E
>>
>>2737766
i'd rather have a legacy for people to see and admire than some retarded kid who will die anyway. Even if I was a good parent, there's still a huge chance that he wont do anything meaningful in his life, so fuck that and fuck you pleb.
>>
>>2737783
>there's still a huge chance that he wont do anything meaningful in his life
Now you know how your parents feel.
>>
>>2737539

Nice repost faggot
>>
>>2737539
I don't attain any sort of fulfillment from anything except for art, but I don't hate others for consuming media.

I don't understand it though. They've the same capacity that I do to create works of art.

I feel like it's a shame they don't ever do anything with it though.
>>
>>2737783
>>2737788
There's something horrible about having children.
I would never bring life into this world, and I've sworn myself unto celibacy.

Maybe my perspective is skewed due to my isolation, yet I can't help but feel man is comparable to bacteria in the sense that it must produce more and more and sustain itself. For me, the ramifications of evolution have ravaged the core of human-beings. I feel that there's no true "happiness" in this life, and that one can only hope to be content with what they have to live decently. The simple pleasures in this world are fleeting, but they make it worth existing. I can't bring life into this reality with that knowledge in mind. I'll never condemn another to such a world. You'll either live like an animal, or you'll work too much to enjoy life. It has always been this way, and it always will be.

There's such a detachment between one person and another. The ghost in the machine is alone in the long run. Why put someone through this?

I wouldn't.
>>
Is art fulfilling? Yeah I guess, art is kinda awesome let's be real.
But I don't feel the need to compare my life to others
>>
>>2738142
why keep putting yourself thru this if you truly believe in what you said?
>>
>>2737696
>muh social skills
damn that's some amazing mental gymnastics, normie
>>
>>2738142
You can only say this beacuse of your isolation. If you would look at life itself rationally then you would indeed be right. However, we humans can share a bond with a person and if you ever had one like this you would know what to live for. I myself did not realy have something like this but crave it tremendeously. Sharing a close embrace with the one you love, the one you want to protect, the one you can trust and the one you want to spend your life together. Like your spouse or your daughter. I really crave a feeling like this and hope to have it one day. That is the only thing we humans can hope for. To find comfort in the arms of others.
>>
>>2738142
>There's something horrible about having children.

you want to know the worst thing about having kids, its not the lack of free time, the screaming, growing pains, cost of all the shit, getting a new car to fit them in.

its fear

fear that something terrible will happen to them and you will have to carry a tiny coffin.

this is the worst thing.
>>
>>2737539
What comic is he holding?
>>
>>2737683
Your /r9k/'s showing, mate
>>
>>2738459
you don't need skill to work at mcdonalds or impregnate/be impregnated, he's right
>>
>>2738469

Just impregnating someone is the equivalent of just scribbling a shitty doodle, actually rearing a child properly is a pretty fucking big undertaking and takes a lot of time and effort as well.

As for mcdonalds it's telling when people just to "lol waveslaves fucking normies" and assume everyone has a mcjob that dominates every aspect of their life.

Get over yourself. Yes, art is a challenging skill to pursue. No, it's not actually that big of a deal and attaining proficiency doesn't make you a fucking wizard. Some people have other priorities.
>>
>>2738472
Having a kid and raising a kid properly are two very different things, my autistic friend. The rest of your post is circular logic and butthurt, not even gonna bother coming up with a rebuttal.
>>
File: 1461369912893.jpg (28KB, 470x330px) Image search: [Google]
1461369912893.jpg
28KB, 470x330px
Why is financial monopolism so fulfilling? I find it difficult to relate with non-magnate normies who spend their time "expressing themselves" all day instead of investing.

Even if my money doesn't get me human insight just being able to own the world and all of creation on paper feels amazing, I guess i can connect with industrialists because they have a similar dream
>>
>>2737539
I'm pretty turned off when I'm stuck hanging with normies. I try to make the best of it.. and carry a sketchbook
>>
>>2738695
haven't cringed this hard in while
>>
>>2738358
Why bring a person into a world where they're forced to find a fragile comfort in others? If inner peace devoid of others is almost impossible, what's the purpose in bringing a person into this reality?

I don't believe "love" is a reality of this world. You can only get so close to another human being and even your immediate family has a distance from yourself.

>>2738310
I like to drink coffee, and I like to watch good movies.
>>
An artist visits strange worlds and reports what they find through their chosen mediums. I encourage anyone brave enough to try their hands at it,and no mattrer how "inferior" the attempt,the fact that they try is the most important point. Every Line an Education,Every Word a Parable. And I sincerely pity those who don't.

And as for Art being part of a Fuffilled Life,let me share this link:

http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/asianart/resources/pdf/Sheet21_AsianEduRes_A4_sheets_DVD.pdf

I did a quick Google and found this passage about how Samaurai felt Art and Arms should go hand in hand. Enjoy!
>>
File: socrates-plato-aristotle.jpg (80KB, 570x399px) Image search: [Google]
socrates-plato-aristotle.jpg
80KB, 570x399px
>>2737539

A common theme in Philosophy

In life we observe immense pain and suffering, everybody goes through this it affects you in many different ways. Irrelevant of your societal position and influence you still experience pain and suffering and like i said it takes both mental and physical forms.

for us as humans to exist we need a purpose, so as to be able to bare the burden of existing in endless suffering.
Having a connection with a craft or purpose of similar nature means that you can endure the suffering because in the end you will be able to create something worthwhile.

This in turn will allow you to not only endure the suffering but also in some ways find relief or happiness in it.
The artist who drafts day and night in hopes of becoming a master draftsman
The musician plays the guitar everyday in hopes of mastering the instrument
The composer trains in theory and practice in hopes of becoming a master
The sportsman exercises and practices everyday in hopes of becoming a better version of himself and accomplishing the impossible.

As humans we are deeply connected to knowing our purpose or telos, our reasoning, what are our morals, does god exist and asking extremely personal questions. What you find is that A LOT of people dont understand these questions or even begin to ask them, in turn they never truly reach their full potential or become individuals who are really know who they are and what their purpose is.

The Nihilism epidemic, so many people killing themselves through not finding any reason to live. But as mentioned in past by the likes of Socrates, Plato, Aristotle Nietzche and many other philosophers you have to define who you are and experience the world through the lens of a craft of purpose and in turn when you learn about yourself you become strong and astute in your convictions and your ideals.

This is how leaders are born and visionaries are born.
>>
>>2741847
I read all of that.
>>
>>2741986
go back to looking at pictures
>>
>>2737687
Then why cant /ic/ draw?
>>
>>2742558
They don't allot time, duh.
>>
>>2737539
thats called being a pretentious snobby asshole.
>>
>>2738477
Not that anon, but the non autistic thing to know is that usually when people talk about "having a kid" they reffer to raising it to.
And no, the rest is not "circular logic". Find a better excuse to evade arguments, anon.

>>2738891
You answered your own question, life in itself its enough reason to stay alive. If you really thought nothingness was better you would just kill yourself.
I'm not having kids either tho'.
>>
>>2738690
Lol, lost it.
>>
>>2737539
>>2741847

here are some books on philosophy, they're the fundamentals of philosophy, they'll break you mentally and restructure your mind to be stronger and more grounded.

Dostoevsky

Crime and Punishment
The Brothers Karamazov
Notes from Underground
The Devils
The Idiot

Tolstoy

Confessions
The Kingdom of God is Within You

Bulgakov

The Master and Margarita

Solzhenitsyn

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch
The Gulag Archipelago

The First Circle

Cancer Ward

Other books of critical importance:

Carl Jung

The Archetypes of the Collective Unconscious
Aion

Symbols of Transformation

Answer to Job

Erich Neumann

The Origins and History of Consciousness
The Great Mother

George Orwell

The Road to Wigan Pier
Animal Farm
Down and Out in Paris and London
Homage to Catalonia

Aldous Huxley

Brave New World
The Doors of Perception

Other Works

The Discovery of the Unconscious (Henri Ellenberger)
The Neuropsychology of Anxiety (Jeffrey Gray)
Affective Neuroscience (Jaak Panksepp)
The Emotional Brain (Joseph LeDoux)
>>
>>2742680
>not a single book of Stoicism
So close, and yet so far
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.