[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

volkgeist

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

Wsp /ic/
Been crawling through these board some years already, but in the last 6 months I didn't get into the chan.

What strikes me the most is the change that has undergone in this forum in such a small period of time. It seems that now the dominant way of thinking is that one will never "gitgud", that there's no sense in grinding and that talent is the real holy grail of drawing/painting.
I know there has always been people in this mindset, but it is the first time I feel it has become the dominant way of thinking in this board.

¿Why do you think is this? ¿Newcoming of millenials into the board or another demographic change in its userbase? ¿The failure of a whole generation of d/ic/ks that never "made it" after sacrificng a lot? ¿A change in society as a whole, with a second wave of nihilism and cynicism making its way through?
>>
As a failed d/ic/k: I don't think it's a matter of talent, it's a matter of having proper guidance and passion for it since you're a kid. I've learnt that you can't have drawing as a hobby, and that unless you learn it as a kid with shitloads of free time, you're pretty much screwed. I would compare it to learning a language: the only reason I'm able to write this despite not being from an english speaking country is because I spent my youth reading the harry potter books in english, looking for information about vidya which eventually led me to english websites, joining an english speaking wow server. I'm still practicing, right now. There are tons of people in my country who want to learn english, who join expensive academies to learn the language, but since they haven't ever used it in a pressure-free setting and can't do the language "grind" naturally, will never make it beyond a very basic level that doesn't allow for full communication. The same could be said for graphical expression, if you have to force yourself to grind for x hours instead of it just coming naturally to you as part of your daily routine, you probably aren't cut out for drawing. If you read about the life of people who successfully learnt to draw as adults, it's either people who were able to drop everything and dedicate at least 8 hours a day for years to learning to draw, or people with an artist spouse who taught them, and they incorporated being taught by them into their day to day.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.