[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pelvis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

What's the best way to simplify this shit?

Do I have to just keep drawing Pelvises until my brain is putty?

I can never free-hand one and have it look exactly like a pelvis from imagination at any angle.
>>
>>2736446
>What's the best way to simplify this shit?
You said it.
>Do I have to just keep drawing Pelvises until my brain is putty?
Yes.
>I can never free-hand one and have it look exactly like a pelvis from imagination at any angle.
You will be able to now.
>>
>>2736446
a bowl that's been chipped
>>
>>2736447
Can't I just make it a cylinder and draw the land marks?

I mean, it'll mean slight issues with muscle insertions, but can it be done easily?
>>
>>2736449
I've heard that somewhere, but I guess it's good enough for me. I'll just remember the bones on the sides from figure eights and the socket is a bit below the center of the eight.

I'm tired of fucking with this bone.
>>
You could try three circles, but you kinda need an understanding of the bones to know where and why you are drawing them.
>>
File: pelbus.png (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pelbus.png
35KB, 800x600px
>>2736446
hey, im from /i/, it took me longer to type this comment than to draw this pelbus
>>
Pretend it's a weird hat/mask.
>>
>>2736477
That looks like shit, and it's arguably completely incorrect.
>>
>>2736446
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=proko+pelvis

https://sketchfab.com/models/2535aba2006d45909c55c352957b8d14
>>
>>2736477

What you've drawn only shows the contour; It doesn't simplify and describe an object in 3D space.
>>
>>2736477
But that's wrong and doesnt help construction whatsoever
>>
>>2736446
Have you never seen a simplified skeleton ? Look up a loomis skeleton.
A lot of people simplify the pelvis into two discs
>>
>>2736446
a box?
>>
>>2736446
Watch Proko my friend and family member, watch Proko.
>>
>>2736479
Cyberpunk helmet.
>>
File: 1452102196853.jpg (92KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1452102196853.jpg
92KB, 612x612px
>>2736697
>Watching Proko when his videos are practically straight rips from books and teachers
>>
Ok just fucking look at a pelvis.

Take off the iliac crests/wings, what do you have? A hollow cylinder. This cylinder is a tunnel for shit and babies to fit through...depending on the gender.
Now look at the arrow looking thing. It swoops from the top of the cylinder to the bottom in an arc. This arc changes depending on gender too.
Now add on the crests/wings. Think of these as a quarter of a circle arc shape. These arcs start at the width of the cylinder, and then extend outwards. This extention also depends on gender.
Now what are those two loops on the bottom? Well those are exactly what you think they are! They start at the midpoint (pubic symphesis) and travel the exterior of the cylindrical shape...never leaving the perimeter until it goes about a quarter of the way on each side (creating a straight line would connect both points). These points are where the thigh bone attaches (can't remember the name).

Boom done, super easy, and with this method you can draw it at any angle.
Break things down bit by bit and figure out exactly what they're doing. Through that you'll start improving your drawing.
>>
>>2736780
Thigh bone = the femur. I got you senpai.
>>
>>2736763

And? It's quality information in a neat, accessible package.
>>
>>2736450
I find it much better to just learn the shape of the pelvis and actually draw it. You'll get better at it and when a problem arises you won't be stuck staring at a generic cylinder trying to figure out how the bones fit into it. IMO understanding the clavicles, rib cage, and pelvis are the most important shapes to master if you want your people to look natural. The limbs just dangle off of them and are easy to throw on and have them look decent. If you start with the torso it gives you a clear reference for where to draw the legs/arms/head to make the figure look balanced which is a problem I had for the longest time before I started drawing the torso first. (well actually even before that I doodle a quick line then divided in two to get the general proportions right. The middle of the line is where the crotch is [or just above/below it, depending on the person] and then the head and torso should fit above that. The rest is a piece o' cake.)
>>
File: triggertriggertriggertri.gif (133KB, 311x366px) Image search: [Google]
triggertriggertriggertri.gif
133KB, 311x366px
>>2736780
>gender = sex
>>
>>2736763
Lol what kind of criticism is that? Do you expect him to reinvent everything about art? Of course he's gonna teach what he's learned.
>>
>>2737085
stttoooooppp
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.