[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just want to be good, why can't I be good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: .jpg (39KB, 445x469px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
39KB, 445x469px
I just want to be good, why can't I be good
>>
>>2736280
Stop being a fag and git bak to drawing OP
>>
File: 1478302369372.jpg (57KB, 339x272px) Image search: [Google]
1478302369372.jpg
57KB, 339x272px
>>2736280
You'll make it anon, we all will
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZoIGz1Jes8#t=2m42s
>>
>>2736280
You need to suffer.
That's why it's called PAINting
>>
>>2736495
so DRAWing means that you have to be talented?
>>
>>2736310
I agree that you have to be willing to sacrifice some things to get where you want to be, but don't fall for this "no sleep, no friends, no life" madness
>>
>>2736538
It means you'll draw a line between your happy life and your art.
>>
>>2737154
not gonna make it
>>
>>2737154
friends come and go do you wanna improve or not
>>
>>2736280
Because you're crying instead of drawing.
>>
>>2736280
define good. if you can't do that how do you know how to get there. first, decide what do YOU want your art to DO? not be like whoever or get paid by these guys, but what do you want it to do to the viewer when they see it? I meet a lot of people who don't know the answer to this and waste a lot of time running around in different directions rudderless.
>>
When in doubt think of all those artists who didn't make it
and who are now dead and lost into eternal oblivion.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2644x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2644x3024px
>>2736280
the majority of the people on this board seem to rely entirely on technique, beating themselves up for not perfecting each little study. the reality of the situation is, you do need to refine your technique but if you have no concepts, no ideas to portray then yes, you will never be good. i by no means have the greatest technique but i work with what i have and practice and id like to think i have halfway decent art.
tl;dr quit bitching and just keep drawing
>>
>>2736280
>tfw practicing but nail is in pain from pressure

AAAHHHHH
>>
File: 1462014681505.jpg (441KB, 1500x773px) Image search: [Google]
1462014681505.jpg
441KB, 1500x773px
I know that feel OP

Sometimes it feels like I made negative progress even though I'm a shit tier beginner
>>
>>2736280
>I just want to be good, why can't I be good
Focus on the journey, not the destination.

You can't just want to be good, you must want to improve.
>>
>>2736538
It means put your fucking drawers on and stop drawing while naked fucking degenerate
>>
>>2738794
Keep patting yourself on the back, that's how you go far in art.
>>
>>2739126
i never said that at all
but ive made much more progress doing things i like and incorporating studies into that rather than drilling specific things into my head over and over again.
it gets disheartening after a while, repeating the same thing and giving yourself shit for not getting it perfectly right all the time
>>
>>2736280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
>>
moar 7 years
>>
>>2736280
not
gonna
make
it
>>
>>2738787
>tfw going to visit incredible comic artist friend with terminal condition
>guilty as fuck knowing his contribution to the art world will end while my shitty art gets to go on
All I can do is try to live up to him...
>>
File: Cry Baby Cry.jpg (28KB, 490x390px) Image search: [Google]
Cry Baby Cry.jpg
28KB, 490x390px
me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nah, I'll get there. I just gotta keep on grinding. But shit, it gets frustrating. I hate plateaus so much.

YOU CAN MAKE IT, OP. We all can.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.