[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>didn't draw for months

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: 1471100608288.jpg (52KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1471100608288.jpg
52KB, 601x508px
>didn't draw for months
>>
>>2735920

Don't ever try thinking about making it.
>>
>>2735924
This making meme needs to stop. There are only miserable failures on this board. Accept that the first step to making it is leaving this board behind.
>>
just enjoy your life its time to give up
>>
Don't you have the need to draw? I can't even stay a day without drawing.
Maybe you don't have the spark, I'm sorry anon, listen to this dude>>2735924
>>
>>2735926
Nah, you just need to ignore memesters if they make you angry. There's plenty of good stuff on /ic/.
>>
>>2735941
All /ic/ has to offer you can easily get after a month of browsing this place. Advice and arguments are merely repeated on here all the time. I would know I use this place for years now.
>>
>>2735926
>this making meme needs to stop
It's only made on worthless topics like these.

But yeah, this board shouldn't be anyone's main port of call. Anonymity isn't healthy for discussion.
>>
I do breaks for a few months every year, cant help it, drawing is too hard.
>>
>>2735920
its alright op come here lemme give u a hug ;w;
>>
File: 4343451313.jpg (16KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
4343451313.jpg
16KB, 500x461px
>>2736086
It's just too hard man. I'm lacking the talent and the discipline and /ic/ doesn't even lend a hand once in a while. We are in this together man. Why are they telling me I will never make it? Don't they have any souls?
>>
>>2735920
Jesus Christ, man.
If you're going to go on vacation, at least commit an hour a day.
>>
File: 1478202278893.jpg (36KB, 957x658px) Image search: [Google]
1478202278893.jpg
36KB, 957x658px
>>2736092
Don't sweat it, bro. Talent is meaningless. Just pick your pencil up and start drawing again, it's just like getting back on a bike. Believe me, I know. I'm no great artist myself, but I've had plenty of dry/discouraged/lazy periods. It usually only takes a matter of days before I'm more or less back where I left off.

Just remember: Drawing is fun. It's an adventure. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Ignore that "NOT GONNA MAKE IT" and "S P A R K" bullshit, there's no deadlines, there is no lofty, impossible goal you need to meet. Ignore the guilt. Relax, put pen to paper, and just draw. Have fun, improve, and keep on keepin' on.
I wish you the best, art bro.
>>
Didn't draw? So you painted?

In all seriousness, you don't have to be an artist to love art.
>>
>>2736956
What does it mean to be an artist anyways? Even if I suck, can I still call myself an artist?
>>
>>2736957
Sure.

I don't like calling myself one either, though. I'm just a student. Nothing wrong with that.

Giving yourself some sorta title does help you feel invested.
>>
>>2736957
If you suck then you can, but then you'll be a joke.
>>
>>2735920
>What is willpower?
>Can I get more of it?
>Am I just born weak?
>Why do I keep screwing things up?

Anybody else think this way? I don't wan't to be the only one.
>>
File: 9FPR1Vw.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
9FPR1Vw.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>2736086
>>2736092
>>2736955
I love you anons, 4chan is my only real home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR7_TbMIVnA
>>
>>2736982
I did and do every single day, anon. But I know it's not true. It's just easy to think and feel negative about how the world is against me. I push along slowly because I know that I'm much better than what I can show other people. Everyone seems to underestimate themselves and that makes me pretty sad.
>>
i cant do it
reading books is too hard
>>
>>2736995
Read just one word a day. Hopefully, you'll be able to make it through a sentence then eventually a paragraph. Small steps!
>>
>>2735920
don't complain here then.
It's up to you if you want to pick up a pencil or not
>>
>>2736982
>>What is willpower?

It's a meme.

http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2016/11/3/13486940/self-control-psychology-myth
>>
>>2736987
>I did and do every single day, anon. But I know it's not true. It's just easy to think and feel negative about how the world is against me.
>Everyone seems to underestimate themselves and that makes me pretty sad.

Speak for yourself. I am pretty sure I was born retarded and "underestimating" myself is justified. Some people do that without a good reason, sure but not everybody.
>>
>>2737284
Actual retarded people aren't even aware that they're retarded.
If you suspect that you're retarded it only means that you're lazy.
>>
>"tomorrow I'll get serious"
>don't draw until after midnight
>it's just meaningless doodles for less than an hour

At least I draw everyday right?

There are those rare days that I actually study for a reasonable amount of time and then I get a confidence boost for the moment but I can never keep it up for the next day.

Not gonna make it.
>>
>didn't draw for months
>started drawing again
>fucked up right shoulder at work

FML
>>
>>2737357
Best time to learn is before bed so you retain the knowledge better, last thing you did before the day end.
>>
>>2736092
if you want a hugbox go somewhere else.
>>
>>2738189
That may be the best time to learn if you assume that the learner hasn't done anything else before bed because typically at the end of the day, people are exhausted so really, it's probably not the best time after all.
>>
>>2735920
i know that feel
i actually had to stop and head to the psych ward. been a while, so its intimidating, but ive started getting back on it

i dont know, sometimes some people just need a break
>>
File: 1475188146996.png (62KB, 760x549px) Image search: [Google]
1475188146996.png
62KB, 760x549px
I stopped drawing at the age of 15 and started again at around 21
My skills were far improved than they were at the age of 15
How do you explain that?
I am not bullshitting.

Pic not related
>>
>>2738332
You built your visual library.
>>
>>2738332
You grew up.
Someone drawing for the first time at 12 will have a better looking picture than one drawing for the first time at 6.
>>
>>2738333
You got it
>>
>>2738332
fapping improved your motor skills
congrats hormonal man
>>
>>2737281
>People who are better at self-control actually enjoy the activities some of us resist
I hate doing anything. Wat do??
>>
>>2738343
Wait to die.
>>
>>2738343
Get a grip on your life or just kill yourself.
>>
File: jesus-painting-MMCIV.jpg (17KB, 221x212px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-painting-MMCIV.jpg
17KB, 221x212px
>haven't drawn for 19 years

discipline wasn't a meme
>>
>>2735927
it's true, but not healthy cuz You MUST to be happy
>>
>>2738583
there must be more to life than putting lead into wood
>>
>>2738585
Shieeet... That's not make fucking sens :/
>>
Why is self destruction and degeneracy so fucking fun? That feeling of purity and rightness when you are disciplined and working towards your goals is good too but the pay off is always going to the you of tomorrow.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.