[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing Prompts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: inspire.jpg (188KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
inspire.jpg
188KB, 800x800px
Is it possible to have a thread where we give each other drawing/painting ideas?
Maybe something like those "paint the pic after yours" threads or a thread with study references, idk.
>>
>>2734453
I'd be down for suggestions on random things to draw. Anything with animals would be cool but i guess its just gonna be
>tits
>fetish
>tits
>fetish
>tit fetish
>>
>>2734464
I really hope it won't be nothing but that. If I wanted to draw that I could go to any drawthread on another board. I'm trying to think of some topic to springboard from.
I was thinking maybe master studies but I honestly don't know who would make for a good suggestion.
>>
>>2734453
Doing studies from photos is kinda a waste of time.

Other than that, sure. We've had "study threads" in the past, brainstorming exercises would be alright.

Throwing this out there, one guy draws a sketch to convey a concept and another guy takes that and incorporates it (not necessarily directly uses it) into a rendered piece. Perhaps not a finished work, but just a quick 2 hour doodle or something to mess around with.

Plus a tagging system so you don't have multiple people doing the same sketch. Or at least don't post a sketch unless you've finished a work. Some guidelines to prevent threads from becoming clusterfucks.
>>
I was thinking the other day that it would be fun to do a broken telephone thread, like one person draws a still life, and then the next person draws the previous person's drawing.

Would be some weird abstract thing by the end of it.
>>
>>2734477
Well I think it would be okay to have multiple people doing the same prompt, that's basically the same concept as a study thread. All we need is some ideas thrown around. I've tapped myself on looking up old masters to do studies from while googling just now. I wanted a thread to get ideas from, I'm the wrong person to try to come up with one right now.
>>
>>2734477
Mind telling me why doing studies from photos is a waste of time?
>>
>>2734486
Because photography lenses are fuck.

Just use them for reference. You're better off doing master studies or still life work if it comes to that.
>>
Still no ideas? Damn.
>>
>>2734482
Ideas for prompts, or ideas for presentation?

LAS has daily prompts, just use a verb.
>>
>>2735618
Ideas for prompts. I forgot about the LAS daily thing I guess I could use that in a pinch. I was hoping for some more in depth ideas though like not just a single word topic but maybe something like "attempt to paint a portrait using this color palette" or "draw X using hatching to shade". Things like that.
>>
>>2735726
http://artprompts.org/
>>
>>2734477
>>2734482
why stop there?
have a chain where the next anon takes the pic and changes/adds/removes something to it, until you have a completely different pic
and so forth
i think thatd be fun
>>
>>2735734
Thanks anon this is pretty much what I wanted. It sort of takes the social aspect out but at least I can get drawing ideas.
>>
>>2735744
>It sort of takes the social aspect out

Doesn't have to. Just post promts from that site that you find interesting so others can give it a shot as well. Let's get things started.

A gang of wandering entertainers
The figure runs through the snowy mountain landscape
A deserted train car covered in a thick layer of vegetation
>>
>>2735798
This is a good idea maybe I'll do that a little later today.
>>
I really want this thread to kick off but I don't want to be the only one posting my shitty sketches.

some more random prompts:
The lone hiker was growing nervous. He was being stalked by something. Something big.
The Snail Rider
A tree of life
>>
>>2738298
You've put more effort into keeping this thread alive than I did and I was OP lol. I want it to stay alive too especially if at least one other person is interested. I'll try to draw something to contribute tomorrow or at least come up with another few prompts.
>>
>>2734453
yes, visit doodle or die, /v/ room, go and be a god
>>
>>2734464
medieval armadillos riding humans into battle, get on it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.