[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you challenge yourself in drawing? I want to make fast

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1477789990154.png (180KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
1477789990154.png
180KB, 374x374px
How do you challenge yourself in drawing? I want to make fast and steady improvements by challenging myself as much as possible, no matter the cost. Pretty much autism at the highest peak.
>>
>>2733813
If you make the challenge too high for your skill level you will not learn a single thing. The trick to make it just a bit more challenging than you are comfortable with, and take baby steps. Repeat enough baby steps and you will have completed a marathon eventually.
>>
>>2733817
Yeah but taking it slowly wont get me anywhere. I get that I cant be doing old masters painting but at the same time i have to improve as much as possible and I wont be able to do that by doing some tumblr tier training stuff.
>>
>>2733920
>Yeah but taking it slowly wont get me anywhere.
Actually it will, since your brain will be able to absorb the info better.
Rushing in will only get you frustrated.
>>
>>2733920
there's nothing wrong with consistency. people who rush shit end up burning out and quitting.
>>
File: fb.jpg (62KB, 576x302px) Image search: [Google]
fb.jpg
62KB, 576x302px
>>2733813
what is the thing you're worst at?
do it many times.
>>
Can you recommend me some good exercises? Like doing as much as possible in 30 minutes or something like that.
>>
>>2733931
Depends on your actual skill.
I like exercising with gesture drawing.
But I like to think I'm a bit above the crude fundamentals.
>>
>>2733924
I've been taking it slowly for 4 years and I suck balls.
>>
>>2733813

yo dat pic vaporwave as fuck nb
>>
>>2733938
There's a difference between intelligent steady learning and laziness, anon
>>
>>2733945
And this difference is kept behind the most fortified safe in human history.
>>
>>2733948
No, it's really not. People here all the time talk of different types of exercises and what constitutes the "fundamentals". Practicing the basics of drawing and painting is fairly straightforward and there is a rough order in complexity on things that you should be learning.

The reason people get frustrated is because they either do not put in the work, are not studying in an intelligent way, or they are impatient and expect to get good in a matter of months instead of a matter of years or even decades.
>>
>>2733955
>getting good in a matter of years or even decades
you fucking high? theres not enough time in our lives to waste that much time, you either get good fast or you dont get good at all
>>
>>2733968

Not true, you learn math through 12 years of school to be competent in it enough to learn STEM in university. And if you are in math oriented class you have math 5 times a week x 1h minimum and add to this homework that also is at least 1h if not more. Oh and extra classes sometimes if you are diligent.

You build it up slowly to git gut in the next 5 years of studies mostly on your own (and this is hard and intense work often).

Point is - you can't start from 0 and go intense, because you will forever be just a wannabe that will probably quit fast after some time. While mathematician/engineer that did math all his life will continue to do cryptography based on elliptical curves on his own.
>>
>>2733982
I see your point, but how do you transfer the mental knowledge required to learn math and the physical one to learn drawing?

I can know everything I need to draw correctly, but my hand needs to be able to do it's thing too.
>>
>>2733994
>I can know everything I need to draw correctly, but my hand needs to be able to do it's thing too.
Art is primarily a mental task. Someone who is a very skilled artist can get better results with their non-dominant hand than someone who is a less experienced artist but has practiced hatching and line control.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.