[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I do illustrations for a shop in Japan. It's an indi business

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: perfectcat.jpg (75KB, 654x960px) Image search: [Google]
perfectcat.jpg
75KB, 654x960px
I do illustrations for a shop in Japan. It's an indi business ran by one very old man. He prints the designs on articles of clothing and such.

For my recent project, he gave me an image of an illustration from an anime artbook. He told me he wants me to draw his/our original characters in the same pose, on the same couch, and he says he wants some of the articles of clothing to be the same (such as hats).

How legal is this? I am trying to change the angle a little bit, plus the style of couch to be different.

Can you get in trouble for taking someone else's pose/clothing design and applying it to your own characters? Especially if you are selling said drawing on things?
>>
>>2732075
you really think /ic/ is the best place to come for advice on japanese copyright laws?
>>
>>2732075
>>>/law/
>>
>>2732075
You can only if you get caught.
Example: Most Japanese artists

We as artists don't really care though unless we make much money, so it's okay most of the time.
>>
>>2732075
If you make it your own and just use the pose then who cares? You cant copyright a pose
>>
inb4 OP becomes a meme in Japan, is doxxed and then harassed by japanese diaspora until he releases YouTube video with him smeared in faces and apologizing in japanese to all of Nippon for being baka gajin and orz orz orz
>>
>>2732088

*smeared in feces
>>
Exactly

OP if the artwork looks a little different and drawn in your own style it's okay to copy the pose/clothes
>>
File: com truise loosing his shite.gif (844KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
com truise loosing his shite.gif
844KB, 200x150px
>>2732088
>>
File: 8jYBLcU.jpg (95KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8jYBLcU.jpg
95KB, 1000x1000px
>>2732075
qt catte
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.