[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you width?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 5 perspective-parallel objects.jpg (408KB, 1800x998px) Image search: [Google]
5 perspective-parallel objects.jpg
408KB, 1800x998px
So I'm drawing some shapes in perspective and lined up. How do I align them correctly so that the width between them is equal? Obviously I'm using imagination as source so I can't measure anything.
>>
>>2730844
Use the X through the center trick to mirror a rectangle of the same size in perspective.
>>
>>2730850
This?
>>
>>2730857
Yes, though they are using it in this case to subdivide a box into smaller equal boxes. You can use it to extend equal boxes too by doing it in a different order.

Imagine you began with only a small box like the front little one in step 4. Do the green diagonals in step 3 to extend out and get the size of the next box.
>>
File: pf5.jpg (312KB, 1600x1035px) Image search: [Google]
pf5.jpg
312KB, 1600x1035px
>>2730862
>>
>>2730850
>>2730862
>>2730864
Nice. Thanks!
>>
>>2730864
ah that makes a lot of sense
>>
File: Replicating.jpg (305KB, 1163x2047px) Image search: [Google]
Replicating.jpg
305KB, 1163x2047px
>>2730850
>>2730857
>>2730862
>>2730864

This technique only works if they spaces between them are the same size as the shapes themselves. It won't work with smaller (or larger) gaps without some modification:

Step 1: Draw your square in perspective

Step 2: Define the gap between this square and the next.

Step 3: Draw an X through both the square and the edge of the next one. From the center of this X draw a line to the VP.

Step 4: Draw a line from the top corner through the center of this X down to the bottom edge. Draw a line up from that bottom intersection. What you now have is the square, the gap and then the square+gap.

Step 5: Draw a line corner to corner in your new square. Now, in the first square you made, draw a lines from where the larger X (square+gap) intersects the outside edge of the square itself. Where this line intersects the diagonal on your new square+gap is where the edge of the square is.

Step 6: You now have two squares the same size with your measured gap between them, and the next gap ready to go. You can continue down this guideline to make as many squares as you want.
>>
>>2732740
nice
>>
good shit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.