[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna dump some drawings I did. Pls tell me what you think of them

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (192KB, 750x957px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 750x957px
Gonna dump some drawings I did.
Pls tell me what you think of them
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 750x973px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 750x973px
>>
File: image.jpg (251KB, 750x866px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251KB, 750x866px
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 750x879px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 750x879px
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 748x567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 748x567px
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>
please stop
>>
oh boy. the same loser who made this thread >>2727896
>>
>>2729168
>>2729167
:(
>>
>>2729162
I like this A LOT anon, do you what you love.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 750x516px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 750x516px
>>2729232
Thanks man that means a lot :))

For the other ppl being negative.. I appreciate negative feedback when it's constructive!
>>
>>1579290
>>
>>2729236
Forget about it, /ic/ is cancer to anyone who isn't training towards totally representational art and commercial illustration.

I'd be interested to see how these would translate in paint.
>>
>>2729236
How can you possibly expect constructive feedback when your sketches themselves lack any construction? And people who answer you are right. You are a loser because you don't know the rules of drawing with which you, and any other artist can express themselves better. You are a loser because you will never make money with this. And you will continue to steadily be a loser if you keep being ignorant of the things that everybody else on this board goes through to become better at expressing themselves.

Listen you little shit. Go to /beg/ and learn. Read the books. If you don't, then shove these drawings up your ass, and stay in liberal school.
>>
>>2729274
Christ man I'm just asking for help so that my drawings can be better. No need to attack me.
I still have yet to see anyone comment anything specific on my actual drawings.
>>
I like your stuff!

>>2729159
>>2729158
Are these like surrealist automatism? Like did you just keep drawing without thinking or planning?
>>
>>2729274
Rule 2: Only constructive criticism will be accepted. Rude or offensive comments will result in a ban.
>>
>>2729292
Thanks!
Yeah I didn't use a reference for those two and I just freestyles so I guess you could call them surrealist automatism

>>2729295
Thank you
>>
>>2729243
>I'd be interested to see how these would translate in paint.
if i had to guess... not well. OP has no line quality, textural or otherwise, or understanding of value that makes me think he knows what he's doing. the compositions in these pieces are nice but he's years from where he needs to be to execute a painting successfully.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 701x918px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 701x918px
>>2729299
Here's a painting I did last year.
I'm aware that it's very derivative of Francis Bacon's work
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 750x1004px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 750x1004px
>>2729303
Detail shot
>>
>>2729303
This is actually better than the pen sketches you've posted. What other modern artists do you like?
>>
>>2729303
>>2729304
I don't come on this board much because a lot of the people here paint for "skill" and don't have a very good understanding or appreciation of fine art aesthetics
I am a big Francis Bacon fan and your painting isn't tooo similar to his style in terms o your figure, but the background is a very clear Bacon copy.
I like what you are doiung but I suggest you do not try to copy Bacon's style and instead you should focus on your own

I do like how you have taken the time to do studies based on other artists work and styles in order for you to gain a practical understanding,
now you must work on your own style. You are doing well and I suggest you get a few works together, preferably paint and join as much art competitions as you can and then apply for galleries
>>
>>2729303
like i said... not well. there's nothing to critique about these pieces individually. like i said. compositions are nice, everything else is lacking. just draw from life for a few years and you'll be good to go. you have more potential in traditional than the average /ic/ user working traditionally.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 743x753px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 743x753px
>>2729310
Thank you for your very encouraging words. Great comment and i appreciate you. :^)

>>2729308
I'm a huge fan of Picssso. Also I like Basquiat, Ernst, Toulouse-Lautrec, Matisse, Cezanne, Pollock, and De Kooning.
>>
>>2729324
this drawing could've been accomplished without scribbling. very muh style. in fact it's kind of your only style. reminds me of drawings i was doing 4 or 5 years ago. kinda... how old are you?

do you have any work done purely observationally? as a fan of picasso you must understand the importance of observational work...
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 711x957px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 711x957px
>>2729335
I'm 18.

Here's a sketch I did earlier today. I don't think the proportions are quite right and it's definitely not my best work, but it's less scribbly than I usually do.
I think the scribble style is a result of using pen. I oughtta move on to pencil or paint.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 750x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 750x383px
>>2729335
Here's another less scribbly one, but it's still very stylized
>>
>>2729281
okay, so here's some help:
learn the fucking fundamentals. you are not some special snowflake artistic genius who can bypass the same shit that everyone else has to do.
even if your ultimate goal is to understand "fine art aesthetics," you still need to have a solid foundation. otherwise, you're just as bad as weebs who draw in a shitty anime style without understanding the basis of that stylization.
>>
File: Robot_on_a_toilet_by_Com40.jpg (189KB, 900x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Robot_on_a_toilet_by_Com40.jpg
189KB, 900x1202px
>>2729343
yeah i used mostly pens when i was 18 too. something about "If I can't erase it'll force me to get the lines right"... you learn that that's not true pretty quickly. nothing wrong with having an eraser, and texturally theres way more you can do with a pencil then with a pen. pen you can cross hatch and stipple and that's it.

here's some of what i was doing when i was your age (Im 23 now). you are experimental, even if it only appears as a superficial experimentation in your work, but it's there nonetheless. I think you have plenty of potential to be a fine artist you just need to buckle down and draw from life everyday. that's where the money is. everyone else is making concept art and animation so the field is a lot more open for young fine artists.
>>
>>2729348
>stylized
more like "let me hide my lack of understanding of human anatomy behind shitty scribbles and meaningless simplification. understand the basis before your fuck with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 750x902px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 750x902px
>>2729355
>you have plenty of potential to be a fine artist
You have no idea how awesome it is to hear that. I don't like telling people that I want to be a fine artist because dreams are very fragile things and people will crush them, so I keep it inside.

Thanks for the advice
>>
OP, based on what you posted your art is objectively bad. Stop letting your ego get in the way, step up, and take the time to practice, exercise and learn real skills.

SAGE
A
G
E
>>
>>2729364
It's pretty pathetic to watch you soak in the praise and ignore the criticism you are receiving. You seem to assume that everyone is out to get you. I assure you, you aren't that special. People are saying your art is shit because it is, not because they particularly care about you or your dreams.
>>
>>2729368
How is my ego getting in the way? I'm trying to be receptive to actual feedback. I will heed the advice and try to draw from life more. It's something I've been doing in the past and I will continue to do it. I'd love to hear your criticism of my work rather than just telling me to go back to the fundamentals. Tell me how to step up my composition. Tell me how to successfully successful form and pattern. Tell me where and why my artwork fails and be specific.
>>
File: october-14-2016-1.jpg (420KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
october-14-2016-1.jpg
420KB, 800x1000px
>>2729361
shut up
>>2729364
yeah its a boring career path but it's lucrative and in the end more rewarding than something entertaining based. assuming you live in a fairly local artist focused area by the time you are mid-20s you should have a career doing this. but like i said do the boring stuff first and get it out of the way. just life draw your ass off and learn to make it enjoyable cause it's what you're gonna be doing the rest of your life.

if i had to give concrete advice on something you can do to improve yourself even if it's not something you do everyday it's to buy a make-up mirror and draw your hands everyday. they are very difficult to draw and you will learn more doing that than waiting to find landscapes and still lifes that fit your skill level all the time.

here's an examples of a page of hands i've put together. i've done sketchbooks on top of sketchbooks of my own hands and it made me improve faster than waiting for life drawing sessions every week or off and on landscape, still life drawing.

you can also break up the monotony with self portrait drawings. mirrors are great.
>>
>>2729374
I'd love to respond to negative criticism but none of it is specific.
Someone said:
>there's nothing to critique about your work
How am I supposed to respond to that??

When people say:
>your art is shit
How am I supposed to respond?? Should I say "thank you"? Insults don't help me.
>>
>>2729390
re-evaluate your work. you see nothing wrong with the pieces you've posted here?
>>
>>2729390
I'd say that if you like that bold heavily stylised look it would be useful to practice some gestures and stuff and learn to portray more movement and weight.
The point of heavily stylised art is to capture a lot with a little and let the mind fill in the blanks.
You are capturing fuck all with fuck all mate.
>>
>>2729406
what about his work makes you think he wants to make heavily stylized work?

what about >>2729364
is heavily stylized?

if anything he's trying to learn realism, and any style is a consequence of how young he is and how much time he's spent drawing from life.

you people are all so clueless about traditional art it blows my mind. you were saying the same shit about me when I was starting out.
>>
>>2729410

>trying to learn realism, style is a consequence of how young he is

You reference literally the only piece that is not overtly stylized.
>>
>>2729410
The ton of stylised pictures?

He asked for criticism, I gave it. And I wasn't criticising his work in general I was giving a suggestion on a certain style he seemed to enjoy.
>>
Hi anon, I like what you have posted here.

It reminds me a bit of my own work, regrettably I don't have any to post as I moved recently and could not bring anything. I would like to leave my 2 cents for your consideration, regardless.

I got burned out by life, having poor parents - pretty young. I went hard on the paint, college for two years, while working multiple, having a girlfriend, and renting an apartment.

I would have shunned sex, drugs and independence if I had any foresight, to dedicate myself to my art. I am still decent, but 5 years of depression and moving around aimlessly have left me realizing I basically abandoned my passion and potential, I stopped making art. The meager amount of drawings, writing, and photography I have created over the past half decade are honestly depressing because I feel as though I now dwell in the shadow of my potential.

Don't stop what you do, don't listen to naysayers, don't feel anxious and change directions because you feel there may be a safer path. The ONLY path is the one your heart and spirit compels you to. We live in an apathetic world that throws dreams under the bus, but you can choose to be true to yourself.

Your drawing style, besides modernist / picasso vibe, reminds me of some called automatic drawing. I agree with the anon who has said you should study the fundamentals, the "boring stuff", but also educate yourself as much as possible about art history, aesthetic philosophy, psychology, and anything that interests you - because it will inform your art and help you grow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrealist_automatism

This guy does really great stuff with continuous line, blending icons and symbols together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Osman_Spare

God speed anon. Don't become infested with apathy, procrastination and depression as so many of us do.
>>
>>2729377
>Thinking it's the responsibility of anyone other than yourself to teach you the fundamentals of drawing.

Your art is so undeveloped and fundamentally flawed that everything needs to be critiqued. The problem is that your drawings are without structure. It fails on every level. I am telling you this for your own good. Go reflect on your drawings and read art books and or watch a couple youtube tutorials.

SAGE
A
G
E
>>
>>2729494
Wow still no specific criticism what a surprise
>>
>>2729509
not gonna make it
>>
>>2729524
Ok buddy

>>2729431
I appreciate your advice very much thank you for taking your time to reply to my post
>>
File: IMG_0596 - Copy.jpg (973KB, 1000x893px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0596 - Copy.jpg
973KB, 1000x893px
>>2729509
Let's get one thing straight. You have not presented any finished art work. What you have presented are sketches.

Sketches should be used for the ordered study of a chosen subject.

None of your sketches show any ordered study.
Very little understanding of value, texture, anatomy, shapes, composition, line, proportion. Your line quality lacks confidence and is very unaesthetic.

Observe the ordered study of the hand from my sketchbook. I use definite proportions and simplified shapes to accurately capture the proportions of the human hand using a quickly reproducible grid method.

About a ten minute sketch from imagination without reference.
>>
>>2729536
Lol nice job on that hand

Except I'm not trying to make representational art. I'm not an illustrator. I'm not going for realism.
>>
>>2729541
Neither am I. You still need to learn it, fool. Your arrogance is only exceeded by your ignorance.
>>
are you really this stupid?
>>
>>2729541
>Except I'm not trying to make representational art. I'm not an illustrator. I'm not going for realism.

What kind of criticism do you want then? People say literally everything that makes representational art good is dogshit and you say "Its supposed to be like this". What criticism do you even want? Composition is so subjective that any "criticism" is basically just an opinion.

If you answer any point made with "its supposed to be like this" I really doubt you came for critique instead of praise.

btw I like some abstract art, but I think yours just lacks anything attractive.
>>
>>2729541

eh ur pretty retarded if you don't see the value in learning to draw things

you'll always be shit if you think you can just focus on being a special snowflake, you'll get BTFO by someone who wasn't a little bitch and took the time to learn actual skills instead of thinking their mental vomit was going to make anyone notice them - you are less than mediocre at this point, get better

>>2729536

this is so shitty, learn some line economy
>>
>>2729158
I'd respect you a lot more if you just flat out said you wanted praise
>>
>>2729536
>accurately
xddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ur way worse than him he actually aint bad
>>
>>2729161
>>2729164
>>2729348
Most of this is shit on paper to me, but im not an alt style guy so my input is void. However I can get behind these three. Something about them just sings.
>>
I know minimalism in drawing, then there's drawing done with minimal effort. OP's drawing is obviously the latter.
>>
>>2729281
Go to /beg/, read the sticky there. Everything you need to know. If you don't understand something, or you have trouble along the way, ask /beg/. It is your hub for getting better.

Don't just spam no-skill artwork. (Sorry to be rude, but it's the truth.) That aggravates people, it comes off as trolly, and starts a vicious cycle of bullying. Yes people attacked you but you will notice they gave you advice too, which is a very kind thing to do. Many, many other boards here would have told you to kill yourself and left it at that.

Good luck on your quest, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (222KB, 724x1263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222KB, 724x1263px
Here's a drawing I just did from observation
>>
>>2730301
it's pretty bad
>>
>>2729158
Your drawings are pretty good... on the thumbnail

I think you created a new kind of art, "thumbnail art". as long as you don't click it, looks great
>>
>>2730301
drawing from other paintings or photographs is not "observational"... observational is drawing whats in front of you.
>>
>>2730323
My bad
>>
File: Ingres.jpg (61KB, 564x811px) Image search: [Google]
Ingres.jpg
61KB, 564x811px
>>2730301
I really don't think you were in the same room as Ingres.
>>
>>2730301
Keep going. Some are pretty good. But to be honest, you should try to learn fundamentals. Once you have a grasp of them you can start to distort them at ur will, but not meaningless, using your brain to know wich line should be layed on the paper and wich one should not.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.