[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these pencils a meme? convince me before I drop $20

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (126KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 800x800px
Are these pencils a meme? convince me before I drop $20 on some pencils.
>>
>>2728664
>Are these pencils a meme?
yes.

>>2708854
>>
>>2728664
Just get a 2B castell 9000
>>
>>2728664
>$20
Fuck, dude, you chew through pencils like crazy. They'd have to be made out of fucking unicorn farts for me to consider that.
>>
>>2728664
Sort of. I'm sure they're pretty nice, but its more that people who are used to them don't like switching to other pencils. They aren't really going to make much of a difference in your drawing. Plus, I thought it was mostly writers that liked them anyway.
>>
>>2728664
If you do get some, aim to get the companion sharpener (one of the better sharpener's I have owned).

They are ok. I prefer to draw with ink in general. Didn't spur some dramatic re-kindling between my drawing practice and graphite.

IMO, if you are deadset on some style of finer drawing pencil, the 20$ is better spent experimenting with individually bought pencils of different softness/brand.

That or you buy big old newsprint pads and a graphite stick of some kind and rip out some large scale studies (and don't be precious about it).

In fact, that is probably the worst thing about buying art materials like these pencils IMO
is that they are sort of precious.
If you manage to get em and IF they handle well then you've got a brand new tool that makes a lot of sense.
but it's a bit of a gamble. As I said above, if you feel like trying out some pencils, try out a range of different brands + softnesses + papers first before putting all of your eggs in one basket.

That being said, I really like the Palomino sharpener
>>
i bought a pack a while ago and desu normal pencils are just as good, if not better. they feel too smooth and the lines are always thick and blurry even if you sharpen them. don't waste ur money.
>>
>>2728734
this

I think youre supposed to get the regular ones, not the 602.

They smudge really weird. Theyre hard to erase and cant go very dark. Not the most flexible and dont really photograph well.... but they look fucking cool.

I want someone to defend these pencils
>>
>>2728734
same. there are some "blacklead" pencils from faber castell & staedtler that are nearly identical to the 602 pencils as well for half the price. hell, even the typical #2HB school pencils from dixon are still decent, despite that company's production changes too. dixon ticonderogas even have the benefit of having a better fucking eraser, on top of cost & quanity.
>>
I got both the normal ones and the 602 for Christmas last year.
They are definitely nice, its like drawing with butter and i like the lines. That beeing said its harder to achive a certain style, so you have to learn how to use them.
If you have money to throw around at the moment try them but dont otherwise.

Also >>2728731 is right the sharpener is very nice.
>>
File: staedtler-lead-holder.jpg (33KB, 800x422px) Image search: [Google]
staedtler-lead-holder.jpg
33KB, 800x422px
In my opinion if you're gonna be blowing your money on a pencil it should be a good lead holder. I've gotten great mileage out of this thing.
>>
>>2728664
I don't like draw with normal pencils, only automatic pencils for the same line and no sharpening
>>
>>2728844
This tbhh famm. I got one with extra lead and a sharpener for like $5 at Hobby Lobby. Totally worth it.

Fuck Obama.
>>
>>2729035

Fuck Republicants and all your sub 90 IQ bullshit you eat up everyday, fucking pussy ass traitors.

>>2728844
Agree, this anon is right. You are an idiot buying those gay ass pencils for 20 when you can get a lifetime our of other better pencils.
>>
>>2729195
Thank you for correcting the record.
>>
>>2729195
>Fuck Republicants and all your sub 90 IQ bullshit you eat up everyday, fucking pussy ass traitors.
>Republicants
>all your sub 90 IQ bullshit you eat up everyday
>fucking pussy ass traitors
Meanwhile, you excuse corruption, selling your own government and funding terrorism, because the people doing these things told you Russia is watching you masturbate. That's true patriotism right there, watching your country crumble to pieces and wanting to start another world war just so you could virtue signal in the internet. Congrats anonymous, you truly are a paragon of morality. Just what America needs, a retarded sack of shit without even the smallest semblance of brains.
>>
>>2728844
this
>>2729234
and this
>>
>>2728844

how do you sharpen the led to get the broad edge, razor?
>>
File: sharpener.jpg (14KB, 191x355px) Image search: [Google]
sharpener.jpg
14KB, 191x355px
>>2729435
>extend lead
>insert into sharpener
>spin it around
>clean off dust

Wood pencils are a meme.
>>
>>2729435
Or sandpaper
>>
What's the point of a lead holder? Why not just get a 96 pack of ticonderogas for the same price?
>>
>>2729629
Because then you dont need to own 96 ticonderogas
>>
>>2729482
>>extend ****
>>insert into ********
>>spin it around
>>clean off ****

^.^
>>
>>2729873
Fair point. Although I do enjoy the beauty of a full pencil holder.
>>
Regular 8B pencils are much better than Blackwings. Tested one at Comic Con. They're not that amazing.
>>
>>2729874
haha :))) made me hoarni :))
>>
>>2728844
yeah get a lead holder instead of pencil and just buy different grade leads , its a really good thing.
>>
File: 542544100.png (1MB, 1270x740px) Image search: [Google]
542544100.png
1MB, 1270x740px
>>2729435
Just use it's own shaprner. If you want to get the broad edge, get a leadholder with a curved end.
>>
File: dscf0917.jpg (39KB, 1280x155px) Image search: [Google]
dscf0917.jpg
39KB, 1280x155px
>>2728664
Anon if you're going to drop money on some good pencils then forget the blackwings. Not worth it imo. Get these bad boys instead. Smooth, sharpens well and just excellent all round.
>>
>>2728664
>$20
>For a pencil
>That does the same thing a ¢25 pencil can do
>Is this a meme?
>>
>>2731525
>homograph

You ain't tricking me gayboy
>>
>>2731577
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little Bic? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my box at Tombow Japan, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret figure studies of live models, and I have over 300 confirmed renderings. I am trained in gesture warfare and I’m the top drawer in the entire Japanese Art forces. You are nothing to me but just another commision. I will draw you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of doujinshi artists across Japan and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the eraser, maggot. The eraser that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your marks. You’re fucking drawn, kid. I can draw anywhere, anytime, and I can push values in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my HB grade. Not only am I extensively trained in unsharpened gradient renderings, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the jetpens.com and I will use it to its full extent to draw your miserable ass on the face of this bristol board, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tortillion. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit forms all over you and you will feel them. You’re fucking drawn, kiddo.
>>
File: 1476075621578.jpg (107KB, 960x836px) Image search: [Google]
1476075621578.jpg
107KB, 960x836px
>>2731887

Not bad anon.
>>
>>2731887
kek
>>
>>2731887
>gesture warfare
why is this meme still alive
>>
>>2732538
Pretty sure it was always one autist spaming it. It's the only other art term that came to mind besides gouache that was similar to guerrilla, though, so I ran with it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.