[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should one study first in order to git gud? Perspective?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1476987883417.jpg (607KB, 2126x1943px) Image search: [Google]
1476987883417.jpg
607KB, 2126x1943px
What should one study first in order to git gud? Perspective? Values? Life drawing? Or perhaps it doesn't matter that much? Also, is there a downsight to learning digitally instead of pen and paper?
>>
>>2728041
you'll have to study all of it anyway.
so start with what you think is the most important. think about which that might be yourself. or just pick the one that interests you right now.
in my case i always analyze what i'm lacking and then go from there.

most importantly you'll just need to draw a lot.
>>
>>2728041
there's no fucking shortcut to drawing you fucking adhd shit head
>>
File: pthYXew.png (187KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
pthYXew.png
187KB, 700x600px
>>2728041
Everything.

1) Draw something.
2) Fuck up.
3) What did you fuck up?
4) Why did you fuck it up?
5) What do you need to practice to not fuck it up (as much) in the future? (spoiler alert, it's gonna boil down to fundamentals)
6) Fiddle around with whatever it is that you needed to improve in
7) Repeat forever
8) ?????
9) Heat death of the universe

That's in theory. In practice, as long as you don't stop drawing, and you don't stop studying, you'll be fine.

Pretty much the practice of any skill or craft consists of three things

Fundamentals (important from beginner->master)
Tricks (intermediate->master)
Improvisation (expert->master).

Invest in a sketchbook so you don't have to worry about the downsides of doing digital only.
>>
>>2728041

HAVE YOU READ THE FUCKING STICKY???
>>
>>2728041
every single day
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.