[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing specific faces

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: erfenemin-20160417-0003.jpg (32KB, 750x498px) Image search: [Google]
erfenemin-20160417-0003.jpg
32KB, 750x498px
So I've read loomis and I know to construct random faces from imagination. But what about drawing someone specific. How do I do it without resorting to symbol drawing and just copying the features from a photograph onto the base proportions? How do I draw people without any reference, how do I remember their faces well enough? How do I study their features? Is there a book for this? Or was it already explained in loomis but i just missed it? Searching on the internet just gives symbol drawing tutorials.
>>
>>2728032
post your merc
>>
>>2728032
You read Heads and Hands?
>>
>>2728032
look at the face, draw what you see.
>>
>>2728032
Kill yourself
>>
>>2728032

You get a fuckton of references, draw a lot of different facial features, try to exaggerate them, draw from different angles, see what works and what don't.

It's like sliding sliders in character creation in rpg game like Skyrim, Fallout or even Sims. The difference though is that you can't rotate and zoom camera in split second and slide 10 sliders in 10, but you do everything on the piece of paper and it takes half your life.
>>
>>2728079
practiced
>>2728088
would rather avoid that.
>>2728121
I guess that works. But caricature artists manage it. There has to be a method.
>>
>>2728129
People who tell you draw a circle and go from there is just giving you bad habits to learn. I suggest you look at the person you want to draw and visualize what kind of head shape they have. Sometimes they have an upside down egg shape or a fuller oval. This is a great way to find the characteristic trait on anyone and not simply draw a circle with a mask on it.

This is also great for drawing cartoons just like Mr. Incredible since his head is shape like a candy corn. Simple and characteristic.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.