[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of this? Spent a whole week working on

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1477545552377.jpg (143KB, 1136x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1477545552377.jpg
143KB, 1136x1136px
What do you guys think of this? Spent a whole week working on it, and I think I've outdone myself
>>
>>2726000
I like it
What medium is this
>>
>>2726000
I like the contrast between him and the thing above his head/background
>>
what the fuck is this piece of SHIT
>>
What is the subject reaching for above his head? Some sort of circular cloud?
>>
>>2726011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-KmDPK8XYk
>>
nice krillin copy. looks a little stiff though and the arms look a bit off like .. too wide or something on the one with the disk and too short on the one with the clenched fist also notice in the video he kind of leans to the side of the clenched fist. also he looks little bit flat . pretty good job though.
>>
>>2726019
also the bg is meh the rocks look not like real rocks, but for dragon ball standards its not a big deal i suppose
>>
>>2726000
OP, you're a rad person. DBZ was my first inspiration as a very small child.
Explore your own characters though.
>>
>>2726000
That right arm is definitely fucked up. I suppose this is against Vegeta? I like it, especially the clear difference of the character and the background which makes it look like something out of the animation.
>>
>>2726005

Crayola
>>
Would get upvotes on leddit but has zero artistic value. You just copied a screenshot
>>
>>2726000
it's fine, gj, the arm on the right is too small
>>
>>2726000
Ok for practicing technique. It has no artistic merit on its own though. No thought put into composition, lighting, form, gesture, or tone. If you're looking to improve as an artist, you better start by learning the basics. And you shouldn't copy anime because it does just about everything wrong.
>>
>>2726444
>anime does just about everything wrong
Get outta here
>>
>>2726451
I don't have anything against anime, but it's bad for studying art. Everything is flat and symbolic. IMO the only anime that has really good art is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
>>
>>2726465
>not suggesting anything made by Madhouse or IG

do you even /a/
>>
>>2726465
It's stylized so maybe that is one reason its not good for absolute beginners to study but in no way is it flat. Japanese animators are some of the highest skilled draftsmen in the world imo, their drawings have a great sense of form. If you want to criticize something for being flat and symbolic then look at western animation like family guy, mlp or south park.
>>
File: _Old Mill Storm15.jpg (28KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
_Old Mill Storm15.jpg
28KB, 450x300px
>>2726474
>western animation
>stating bad animation

I could also give bad anime exemples too.

Do you know Disney? They have the biggest animation knowledge in the world

I feel like half of /ic/ wants to draw anime, which is a shame because there is a lot more to art. I hope it's not true
>>
>>2726872
>I could also give bad anime examples too

You probably couldn't. I'm willing to bet money you haven't watched more than a couple of animes, likely none.
>>
>>2726872
>I could also give bad anime exemples too.
thats literally every modern anime lol
>>
>>2726872
You make it sound like drawing anime is a waste of time because it seems simple or something? You still need to have the proper fundamentals in order to stylize and draw animu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKyQY2m6ra8
>>
>>2726000

Nice boyo, you're on your way. Never stop improving
>>
>>2726000
His arms are a bit too thick or too small, but otherwise eh.
>>
>>2726885
>animes

Kill yourself.
>>
File: db248.jpg (92KB, 712x432px) Image search: [Google]
db248.jpg
92KB, 712x432px
>drawing a drawing of a drawing
>doing noticeably worse than the original drawing
>signing it

Nigger, not only does it not show any thought, it doesn't show any craftsmanship.

Come back after you can draw something good from imagination.
>>
File: Fantsasia 1.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Fantsasia 1.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>2726474
>being flat and symbolic then look at western animation
>>
File: 1476066692663.jpg (37KB, 786x561px) Image search: [Google]
1476066692663.jpg
37KB, 786x561px
>>2726000
Coulda spent a whole week on loomis. Not gonna make it
>>
>>2726000
I'll give you 15$ for it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.