[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help...?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1477460138769.jpg (124KB, 660x1020px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477460138769.jpg
124KB, 660x1020px
How much should i charge for pieces like this? It took me around 5-6 hours to make using photoshop. Sorry about the bad quality but i think i have to post an extremely grainy version because i sold this piece to a comic creator friend who wants to sell prints of it in the future. I'm new to this commissions thing and i'm kind of clueless about artist rates...help a gal out? Also, do you guys know of any good sites (aside from dA) where i can put my stuff up? I already used to have a dA account but it's long dead now and i really want to look into other alternatives. Thanks!
>>
>>2725042
>how much should i...

As much as you can get. How much did you sell that one for?
>>
>>2725060

I gave it away for $40.
>>
>>2725073
Sucker.

Kidding. It's obviously subjective, but you could probably milk someone like me for 50-70 range if the time was right.

It means I like it a lot.
>>
As much as you can.

The one thing you do not want is to be cheap. If the product is cheap, people will see it as cheap crap, and the clientele you attract will be cheap and treat you as a common peddler, haggle, and generally think they're better than you and that they're doing you a favor by paying you small change.

Find the minimal rate that you won't feel is a waste of time working for and charge as much above that as is reasonable. If you don't get work, do not lower the price beneath your minimum, get better and get yourself out there.
It's better to work for free on something promising that will get you noticed than working cheaply for shit nobody will ever care about.

>inb4 never work for free
There is a difference between smart business and entitlement.
>>
>>2725086
Oh cool. Thanks for giving me a concrete price range anon, that helps a lot :)

>>2725097
I actually used to draw a lot for free--that is, in exchange for ingame currency depending on what online game i'm currently spending shit tons of time on. People i meet ingame would request for a drawing of their character sometimes, and i'd be okay with it because that way i wouldn't have to spend real money on ingame cash items, sort of. I probably should start taking this gig a little more seriously now and accept real money as payment from now on. Haha
>>
>>2725042

5-6h, right? I'd google how much average American earns per hour. I don't know their wages, but let's say that it is $15/h. Now you multiply it x6 and have $90. Now you add around +20% to base sum - so $108, you round it to $110.

You say $110 to people and if they have issues with price/don't accept often you go back to your base $90.

If people give you $110 without batting an eye, next time charge $120 or $130. And so on.

BY THE WAY, this is nowhere absolute - you might be selling online and have international prices, but if you go for domestic market it's better to take your country prices as a base - so when you are living in say, Croatia, get engineers or teachers salary, divide it so you'll get per hour amount, multiply x max number of hours you will spend on piece, add +20% to the result.

I mean, this is how I would do it, but mind you that I don't sell my art yet.
>>
>>2725129

Oh and remember - I told you first value without checking. IF it is $10/h, you get $60, add +20% and have $72, round it to $75 so more in >>2725086 range
>>
>>2725129
>>2725131
I wouldn't bother so much trying to get a domestic market if not for exposure reasons...i live in the Philippines, and the average wage here is shit, like, bottom 3 in the world or something. Thanks for the math anon, that's more or less the answer i was looking for :)
>>
>>2725042
why not 10-20 an hour, especially if you´re giving all rights to the concept to some studio. after all what you do is a luxury product
>>
>>2725042

Don't sell it, instead I suggest you to give it to the world for free... (Plus as everyone knows, money in the format of currency IS a weapon of mass control. {Television is also}... Don't choose to be a slave... Give it to the world freely.)

((tell the Rothschild dynasty: "go fuck yourself"))
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXYoD7wfOs
>>
>>2725321
Also I meant to say no less than $125 +10% royalties on print and comic sales.
>>
>>2725300
So you want to show the jews who's boss by being a dirt poor communist who works for free?

Is this a reddit false flag designed to make /pol/ look retarded or what?
>>
File: 1419057065188.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1419057065188.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>2725300
Quality b8 m8
>>
>>2725042
>As much as you can get

This. There is no guidelines in this field. You might get away with charging 2k$, you might get told to fuck off if you say 200$.

I wouldn't pay you 200$ for that, but that's becaues I can do a better job myself in a couple of hours.
>>
>>2725343

>>2725343
In response... I want to point out that I said nothing about the Jews. Matter of fact, I have have no problems with their cultural preferences. That being said, when one of my fellow human beings allows greed and the lust for power to supercede the most basic, universal morality. And when that individual or group of individuals decided that 99% of the world's wealth isn't enough. To the point that their actions and planed agendas directly lead to the suffering of my fellow human brother and sisters, to the genocide of Your fellow humans, and with the explicit goal to Enslave our entire family... Your god-damn-right I got a problem with the Rothschilds and every other Piece of shit traitor-humans... Remember,. There is no greater law than this: "do what every you want to do, so long as You DON'T Cause harm to anyone"

("There's no greater law". This is my personal opinion based on my personal views of freedom.)

Lastly I would like to point out the absurd remark about being poor .. consider this, why would the Word "poor" or even the Concept of such a notion be in our vocabulary if everyone decided to 1.live your life doing what you love doing. 2.give everything and give anything to anyone/everyone for free. ... If all humans stopped "working" and started "living" again, why would the Concept of "poor"?

Peace and love
•Noraa Nivac•
>>
>>2725766
You forgot to leave a date and email address in your post.
>>
>40 dolla
>no 45 bones
>no 60 bucks
don't do this shit. price it at what it's worth to you
>>
>>2725411
Like this nigga said.

Marketing 101: a product is worth what people will pay for it. Holla holla get dolla.
>>
>>2725944
>>no 45 bones
I get that reference
>>
>>2725766
(((Nivac)))
>>
>>2726366
What do those parenthesis mean?
>>
File: IMG_0130.jpg (207KB, 800x1204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0130.jpg
207KB, 800x1204px
>>2725129
I've never seen a percentage added on top. Just purely going by per hour. Is that normal?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.