[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a name for mixing diferent styles in the same piece?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1443859800316.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443859800316.gif
2MB, 400x400px
is there a name for mixing diferent styles in the same piece?

like doing portrait and anime and cartoons and stick figures in the same drawing?

something similar to panty and stocking, world of gumball, harvey birdman, drawn togheter?

opinions on this?
Is literally my dream as an artists to do that.
>>
>>2724182
Yeah, it's called dogshit.
>>
The style is known as "You're bad at art"
>>
>>2724185
>>2724187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PQ3NVb8SPI
>he blames the style
get gud
>>
>>2724182
It's called mixed media.
You can find interesting stuff if you look for "collage" too. Check Masaaki Yuasa's stuff if you haven't already, it's the shit.
>>
File: oyasumi-punpun-2117911.jpg (177KB, 1200x855px) Image search: [Google]
oyasumi-punpun-2117911.jpg
177KB, 1200x855px
>>2724182

You simply call it mixed media or collage in some situations. If it is animation, then you don't really give it separate name, maybe add "experimental" or "avant-garde" there somewhere.

>opinions on this?

It's a noble and good goal IMO. Switching styles and techniques really can bring out the narrative, you can see it in quite a lot of works, I remember there was this film where main characters if outside where on the very minimalistic background and the city looked like drawn with chalk or cut from cardboard. It really brought out the inhuman aspect of the city life.

On the other hand, manga "Oyasumi Punpun" switches the idea and the main character is drawn very simplified, nearly as stick figure. It naturally strengthens the idea present in manga of character being "wrong" in some way, not belonging, being lost etc.

>>2724185
>>2724187

Uninspired idiots.
>>
>>2724185
>>2724187
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>2724200
>>2724219
Cancer incarnate.
>>
File: punpun funfun graph.png (14KB, 629x614px) Image search: [Google]
punpun funfun graph.png
14KB, 629x614px
>>2724200
punpun was so great
>>
>>2724224

Kill yourself.
>>
>>2724336
Are you KIDDING ME?!
I just can't even right now. OMG!
>>
SO MUCH HATE IN THIS THREAD, lmao, art is subjective.

some stupid prick gets 50k for drinking too much milk, throwing up on a canvas and rolling in it, yet you chastise the OP for wanting to do mixed media.
Yes, mixed media is pretty unaesthetic at the moment, whose to say op won't be the Tezuka of MM?

/IC/s patrician/plebeian shit needs to stop.

Yea, you're all dogshit lol.
>>
>>2725101
post yur work :^)(
>>
>>2724185
>>2724187
>>2724224
looool
>>
I'm curious though, can you post an example of your work?
>>
>>2725105
I'm not the op m9.

I didn't say shit about my art, do you have any reading comprehension, do you have any idea what subjective means? posting my work would be completely against my point.

> :^)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.