[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: Sketch10612651.jpg (196KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch10612651.jpg
196KB, 720x1280px
Eh, brahz. So I drew this pic a while ago on my phone as I was listening to some songs that made me think of a fishing trip I went on a while back, and I was trying to capture the feeling I had during that trip. I felt this hint of isolation while viewing the beauty of being in the middle of... Idk what it's called. Maybe the ocean I guess since it was connected to it even though there was some land and stuff. Anyways, the pic was supposed to convey a hint of sadness, but just this weird feeling of freedom and isolation from the rest of the world. I was wondering if I did a good enough job and what I could improve on. I know it's not the best, so that's why I'm here. I think maybe it doesn't have enough context or something maybe. What do you think?
>>
File: 421.jpg (276KB, 1613x700px) Image search: [Google]
421.jpg
276KB, 1613x700px
>>2722987
I always appreciate when people try to get feelings into their artwork and have it associated with some sort of personal meaning like this.

Honestly though I feel it's not getting across all you are saying. I tried makign a few changes, starting by stretchign it horizontally to get it to feel like mroe of a vast landscape we are in so we sense that isolation coming across more. I also darkened the images a bit and added more fog to get more mood in there. I added a second bit of land on the left to balance it out, but made sure to treat it differently than the one on the right by having more fog in front of it. It's still a very bare image so I think getting some nice brushstrokes in the water and on the land to show more depth and make it more interesting is necessary.
>>
>>2723023
>not doing paintovers for others as a way to learn problem solving in images
>only provides feedback for artists who are already skilled
>thinking a 2 minute paintover is being super serious
n o t g o n n a m a k e i t
>>
>>2723038
(OP here) I can totally see a difference now and im going to work on another one. And thanks for actually taking the time to modify it, i didnt think anyone would do such a thing
>>
File: Sketch230213752.png (265KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch230213752.png
265KB, 720x1280px
I redrew the whole thing after finding an image I took that day that looked almost exactly where my mind was when I drew that picture. I realized I forgot to add a reflection, so I added that of course. I was trying to give it a more open feel, so I didn't add the other hills in the background. I traced the main hill thing just so I would get it right and make it more believable. I just noticed that I drew it a little too light because my screen was too dark, but it wasn't too dark of a day, just the memory of it was if that even makes sense. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the song I was listening to was "La Femme Chinoise (After Service Version)" by Yellow Magic Orchestra.
>>
File: Sketch23022456.jpg (657KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch23022456.jpg
657KB, 1280x960px
This was the original image. I just remembered today that I still had pictures from that day.
>>
>>2723023
yeah you tell them, anon! how dare he help a beginner, right?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.