[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stylus nib lasts under a weeks WHY THE FFFFUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: 1476748370633.png (30KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476748370633.png
30KB, 246x200px
>stylus nib lasts under a weeks

WHY THE FFFFUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
File: $_35.jpg (12KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
12KB, 300x225px
>not using weed whacker wires as nibs
Cut to length, straighten it and sand the tips. $10 lasts you a life time.
>>
File: 1476506719747.jpg (63KB, 584x643px) Image search: [Google]
1476506719747.jpg
63KB, 584x643px
>Upload inktober
>Don't like it too much but everyone has seen it already
>Draw some random stuff
>Like it 100 times more than the inktober I spent 3 hours on
>>
>>2721552
Stop pressing so hard stupid.

Honestly though same happened to me until i learned to draw lightly now i still have the same backup pack that came with the tablet
>>
>Nib lasts more than a year
nice
>>
>>2721588
>>2721552
>>2721563
>Nib ever wearing out ever

Are you guys serious? I've NEVER had to replace a nib. How hard are you guys pressing down?
>>
Intuos 3 Aryan race; been using the same white nib for 6+ months. I'd say by the time I'm done with all the box of extra nibs the tablet would be long dead.
>>
>>2721564
save it for the next day?
>>
>>2721597
intuos 3 master race here too, you'll never have to change the nib there
>>
>>2721590
The first 4 or so nibs I had to change every couple of months, but the current one I haven't changed in 2 years and it's still not worn down.

Probably has to do with the Intuos 4 surface. Now after years of use it's all slick and evenly smooth, but when it was new, it had a rougher texture. Not sure if Wacom did that on purpose to get people to buy more of their overprized nibs or if they did it because they wanted the tablet to have a more paper-like texture.
>>
>>2721552
i draw 10+hours a day and i only recently had to change a nib after 6 months of use, and it wasn't even that used i don't know what the fuck you're doing
>>
>>2721607
>>2721597

You're either liars or used a particular non standard nib. The Intuos 3 was infamous for eating nibs. I should know, I had a large one for years.
The intuos 5 never had that problem though.
>>
>>2721697
>The Intuos 3 was infamous for eating nibs.

In what universe did you switch the number 3 with the number 5? I use a white nib.
>>
File: flat_glass.jpg (55KB, 472x283px) Image search: [Google]
flat_glass.jpg
55KB, 472x283px
I just taped a piece of glass to my tablet. I have been using the same nib for a year.

Apparently people fucking hate drawing on a slippery surface but I love it. They even go as far as taping rough paper on it for more resistance. I don't get it.
More friction will only wear your wrist faster.

Or you could get a metal nib.

http://hitomins.tumblr.com/products_sus_English
>>
>>2721552
My Huion doesnt have this problem.

Feels good.
Not gonna buy wacom product ever again.
>>
>>2721710
>more friction will only wear your wrist faster

Haha..this isnt exactly sanding wood anon
>>
>draw/paint traditionally
>scan afterwards with best quality

Probrems weren't
>>
>>2721731
You're right, traditional supplies never run out.
>>
File: IMG_20161012_172956.jpg (430KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161012_172956.jpg
430KB, 2048x2048px
>>2721728
>implying you can't fuck up your hand drawing anime girls
>>
>>2721552
After drawing on my tablet for like 6 years, ive only recently had to replace the nib.
What the fuck are you doing to run through so many in such a short period of time
>>
>>2721776

Implying you can't draw even with as little as ketchup and fries.
>>
I just use a broken piece of spaghetti for a nib. Haven't had any problems with it so far. It took a few tries to find a noodle with the right diameter and it was a little scratchy to start with, but once the friction polished the tip, it was just like using a standard nib.
>>
I've been using the same intuos3 nib since I bought it years ago. Still have all the replacement nibs in a zip bag.

Just how hard are you guys pushing? Change the pressure sensitivity setting in the wacom software.
>>
File: FullSizeRender (6).jpg (17KB, 232x320px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender (6).jpg
17KB, 232x320px
>>2721590
I used to think the same thing... but then 5 years past
>>
>>2721896
Implying ketchup and fries last up to a year.
>>
>>2724110
it's supposed to wear in a rounded fashion.
>>
>>2724202
mine is the same as his after 4 months of super light usage, like <50 hours
>>
The Intuos 5 and Intuos Pro tablets are layered with a gritty "natural" surface that can eat expensive nibs literally within days of normal use-it's "planned obsolescence". I recommend a $10~ "Posrus Surface Cover", your nibs will never be ground down again. I also recommend selling the Intuos Small or Medium you've likely been memed into using and using the money to purchase a Huion Giano or invest in an Intuos Large instead, but that's just me
>>
>>2721590
I don't get it either, you don't need to press so hard. It's rough on your wrist and tiresome that's why there's a very blatant option to set the pressure sensitivity in the preferences.

Anyway, I took the factory screen cover off of my cintiq so I'm drawing on glass baby! so good, my nibs will outlast the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>2721710
YES, Glass has a perfect smoothness to it but it's not completely frictionless, I was actually surprised by how much more control I had vs drawing on the plastic screen protector from my cintiq, and without the protector the screen appears way more clear. The only downside was that I how have to wear a glove because the oils and dead skin and shit build up on the glass and can impede your stylus movement. Wearing a glove completely negates that though.

Tldr if you have a cintiq, fucking void your shitty warranty and pull off that screen protector! You'll be glad you did!
>>
>>2724202
That doesn't happen, the nib can swivel in place so naturally a flat side will develop.
>>
It costs like $2 for a bag of replacement nibs that don't require an ounce of work unlike weed whacker stuff.

I replace mine every couple of years, you're probably fucking up your tablet, dude.
>>
File: 1477478873911.jpg (124KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
1477478873911.jpg
124KB, 505x505px
>>2724252
I just put an A4 paper over it and draw. It feels like drawing on paper desu
>>
>switch old nib for new one
>still same results

Maybe a new nib makes better circles, but eh.
>>
>>2721570
This. Cover your tablet with tempered glass and turn that pressure sensitivity down or even off. It's much better on your wrists in the long run too. I've been drawing seriously for 3 years 8+ hours a day and I've not changed the nib once.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.