[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one should I get?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: ice_screenshot_20161021-081456.png (378KB, 1021x635px) Image search: [Google]
ice_screenshot_20161021-081456.png
378KB, 1021x635px
Both of my Intuos'4 broke, and now I'm using my spare Wacom Graphire 3. It's okay but I really don't feel comfortable using this.

I went online and found 2 options that I'd like to look in too:

- Wacom Intuos draw drawing tablet for $50
- Wacom Cintiq Companion II for $1600 or make offer
512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, 5th gen Intel Core i7 processor Windows 7

I wish to know which one would be a better buy?
>>
Get an Intuos Pro or a proper cintiq that you plug into your desktop.
>>
>>2720643
if you go for tablet-monitor there are cheaper alternatives for the same value of components, even at 60% the prize of a wacom with the same specs

think if you really need it portable, the portable quality is not cheap, and if you need it for class (I can't imagine anything else) you can work with a small tablet you already have

get a +18" huion or yiynova with an average laptop or desk pc and you'll save money in comparision of the companion while getting way better tools
>>
What about the yoga book? I mean i know its more of a tablet but is that a viable option for someone wanting to get into digital art?
>>
File: tablets.png (18KB, 1058x560px) Image search: [Google]
tablets.png
18KB, 1058x560px
Here I made this, what do you think?
>>
>>2720643
I don't see many people talk about the Intuos Draw, but it's very cheap and totally serviceable, and may well be better for your neck.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>
File: ice_screenshot_20161021-102543.png (76KB, 530x383px) Image search: [Google]
ice_screenshot_20161021-102543.png
76KB, 530x383px
>>2720645
I don't know much about cintiqs to make up my mind about with model to choose but the Intuos Pro sounds nice! especially since I'm used to the older model I'll have to keep this one in mind! Thank you! ^v^/

>>2720649
This is probably really dumb of me, but I have a hard time transitioning to other brands mostly because most of it is unknown to me ;v;

>>2720650
Oh, I just now hear of the yoga book looks cool but like I said is an unknown subject to me I'm not 100% sure of it ;-;

>>2720658
Thank you! This made it easier to understand! I could probably get the medium since I'm used to them ^v^b

>>2720668
One of my sister's friends had one and she let me set up her intuos draw to her computer and she let me test it out. It was way nicer than Graphire 3 ;v; and that's why I'm considering it

>>2720725
?
>>
>>2720643
>>2720744
blog?
>>
>>2720744
I can't imagine what you have to adapt from brand to brand

they're exactly the same tech
only because of quick-buttoms?

that's the least important thing..
>>
>>2720766
this
>>
>>2720744
back 2 tumblr with you, dearest avatar fag
>>
>>2720766
>>2720833
>>2720953
I don't have a Tumblr or a blog.

>>2720768
I just don't feel comfortable with the unknown I'm very hesitant if I don't feel comfortable with something. and I am unfamiliar with the other brands.
>>
intuos pro medium
>>
>>2720643
I wrote reviews for both of these tablets on my site.

Feel free to look through them, maybe they'll help you decide.

https://www.artsartreviews.com/2016/05/25/wacom-intuos-draw-review/

https://www.artsartreviews.com/2016/05/30/wacom-intuos-pro-pen-and-touch/
>>
I own a cintiq 13hd and an intuos. Never use the cintiq anymore because it feels really unprecise to me, there's a centimetre gap between the nib and the screen and it gets even less precise towards the edges of the screen. I'm assuming the companion has the same problems. The only good experience I've had drawing on a screen was with the apple pencil as theres no gap and it's as accurate as drawing on paper
>>
>>2720744

Intuos Pro medium is the safe bet. It's sturdy, it's flexible, it'll do what you need it to do unless you're dead set on a monitor tablet.
I own one and I can vouch for it, it'll probably feel quite familiar from the Intuos 4.
>>
File: 1474503009864.gif (2MB, 189x392px) Image search: [Google]
1474503009864.gif
2MB, 189x392px
SERIOUS QUESTION HERE

How bad is Intuos Pen and Touch Medium?

After 2 years of use my Huion 610pro pen has deteriorated and doesnt hold charge.
Is it better to get new pen and set of nibs (50$ with shipping) or a Pen & Touch Refurbished for 100$?

I dont feel like paying more for an inferior tablet.
Does it have that infamous abrasive surface that eats nibs and shitty pressure sensitivity like all cheap wacoms?
>>
>>2721712
i like it, i have never used a Huion though.
i never needed to change nibs and the pressure sensitivity seems fine to me.
>>
>>2721712
On that note, how is the Huion 610pro? Like, does it require software to run? I'm trying to find a decent portable setup I can take with me and use on someone else's computer.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.