[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with an artist who day after day, week after

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3431.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3431.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
How do you deal with an artist who day after day, week after week says she'll do your work "today" but doesn't. And instead takes more new commissions on stream?
>>
>>2719737
Fuck em
>>
>>2719737
Did you give her a solid deadline?
Are you paying her and, if so, have you given her the money already?
>>
>>2719742
I paid her back in February. I have no idea what to do, that's why I'm asking here.
>>
How do clients like lazy theft artist like this irl get away with it?
>>
>Hiring a woman to do a man's job
>>
>>2719737
Artists are flaky self-hating nutcases. It's a fucking write-off dude, you're not getting shit out of that.

Honestly your best bet is to give her a piece of your mind and leave, and she might do it the second you piss off to feel vindicated.

But yeah, thems the breaks when it comes to dealing with amateurs. I'm not even going to pretend I haven't flaked my way out of a few projects myself.
>>
Politely set an explicit deadline. Say, for example, "Is by October 25th good with you?"

If she says yes, mark that fucker on your calendar and after she misses the deadline kindly ask if she's made any progress. If she hasn't, ask for a fucking refund. Again politely, being a dick about it isn't going to make her any more likely to refund you, keep in mind that she'll probably get away with keeping your money if you're a cunt about it.

This is also why paying in advance (and accepting payment in advance) is a bad idea. I'm in a similar scenario where I agreed to take a commission but haven't been able to do it. I feel better about it, though, because I haven't accepted any payment and told the client straight up it'll probably be a while before I can fill it. As soon as you've taken someone's money you've made a very clear commitment.
>>
ah i recall a few years ago I comissoned some big girl at a convenion to draw a picture for me. Ended up not finishing it by the day was over. Promoised me she would send a high rez pic to my email. Didn't get anything had to get on her ass about it. Eventually i just got a blurry 400x400 px scan. I still think she's a dumb bitch but I also have some blame too, buyer beware and stuff.

Artists shouldn't take comission money upfront, that just causes a lot of problems. Doctors don't give the bill until it's all said and done. You don't get the bill right after you place your order in the resturant. You don't pay the taxi driver just as soon as you get into the car.

I know artists like charging upfront because they need the money now and they're scared that their clients might take the art and run but its bad business if you can't deliever for any reason. Maybe work out some kind of cash advance inbetween sketches or something. Or offer low rez sketches until paid in full.
>>
>>2719746
>Febuary

Bruh. That better be some amazing painting you asked for.
>>
>>2719746
lol. You fucking retard. You've been had. Honestly, you deserve this and hopefully you learned from it.

But based on the fact you came to 4chan after 8months of waiting shows you've learned nothing. You deserve all the shit you get in life, you fucking idiot moron.
>>
>>2719771
half up front with a contract protecting both parties is fair.
>>
>>2719737
that´s a theft. ask your money back
>>
How do people let themselves get taken advantage of like this?
>>
File: reee.png (358KB, 713x403px) Image search: [Google]
reee.png
358KB, 713x403px
Holy shit we get this thread on a monthly basis

>paid artist months ago
>no work done
>artist working on other people's commissions

stop letting them get away with this shit
>>
>>2719737
If you paid via PayPal, open a case against her and get your money back.
>>
>>2719737
give us her name motherfucker!
>>
>>2720114
>>2720114
>>2720114
THIS
>>
File: 48f9hasfas.jpg (17KB, 400x400px)
48f9hasfas.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>2720114
>>
>>2720114
WITCH
I
T
C
H

HUNT!
U
N
T!
>>
>>2720114
DO it OP
>>
Seriously. Someone please explain to me how people let this happen?
>>
>>2719852
This is kind of off-topic, but hypothetically if you're just starting out in freelance and you make contact with a company (not a big company, but even a small one will obviously be more established than you) and they give you a chance.

Wouldn't it be kind of rude to be like
>hey I know you're throwing me a bone here, but can you sign this contract so you don't fuck me?

Or does the company in this case provide the legal terms that both parties will agree to?
>>
>>2720209

No, asking for a contract isn't rude, any company with any degree of professionalism will understand that.

Keep in mind that people getting fucking MARRIED sign a contract, and you don't tend to marry someone you don't trust or respect either. If someone is getting pissy that you asked them to enter a contract with you, expecting you to go on good faith, it's probably because they were hoping to fuck you over.
>>
>tfw i am one of those artists and walked away with almost $500 once
>>
I think we as a board need to make a list of artists that for lack of a better word are thieves. This is happening far too often, and these artists are ripping people off.
>>
>>2720541
I'm down with this idea. A lot of potential clients come here and asks questions. If we had a list of artists who are going to rip off clients it would be helpful for them.
>>
Can someone explain to me ethics and moral. If you pay an artist to draw you pay that months ago and you find out instead of doing the art that you already paid for there still taking new commissions and taking a new money and doing those ahead of yours. Can someone please explain to me how people can do that? Talk about real scumbags
>>
>>2720541
Only if the ripped off clients provide some proof, otherwise it'll devolve into e-drama shit slinging with falseflagging anons.
>>
>>2720541
>>2720554
>>2720565
have y'all never heard of artist beware?
>>
>>2720565
I talk to a guy on Skype who I've commission hard for all of the last year and we started to talk. He has shown me the Bitcoin receipts over the last two years and he has paid over $1000 over the last two years and has yet to receive any finished works. I've even offered to finish the works for him but he refused. I've been keeping an eye on the artist's Tumblr page and everything that this guy has said about the artist is absolutely true. The artist is talented but a complete waste of space the guy if you go to his webpage is taking whispers in his commission stream and taking new commissions while still behind in his queue and not touching any of the older work. It's a real shame artist that actually control and have some talent seem to be complete douche bags for money and don't care about art at all.
>>
>>2720569
Tell your client to release the images and Proof here so could all take a look I'm very curious about who the artist is how much money they've given them and how long it's taken
>>
File: 1474204472881.jpg (162KB, 1024x992px) Image search: [Google]
1474204472881.jpg
162KB, 1024x992px
My five easy steps on how to fix an issue:

1.Hire some fag to dox the artist
2.Get address, name whatever.
3.two versions
3A.Use acquired name to find facebook of artist
4A.Fuck their shit up
5A.Destroy their reputation

3B.Get address
4B.Bust in
5B.Break their legs until they agree
>>
>>2720554

Knowing /ic/ the list would end up filled by bitter anons with a vendetta rather than being based on any evidence of actual wrongdoing. There would need to be some sort of vetting process.
>>
>>2720575
Why two versions? Just do both desu.
>>
>>2720569
Tell us who the artist is.
>>
mfw I owe someone a painting since february t__t fuck fuck fuck OP are you talking about me?
>>
i don't understand how people do this desu. i always feel so guilty when i take longer than i should with a commisssion
>>
>>2720638
Because there are artists out there who are either broke and can't learn to save money so what they'll do is take a chance take new commissions and ignore all people who Already paid for commissions. And pretty much hope and pray that the old clients either forgot or don't care.

joking aside the artist that do this are pretty much Theives as they are taking money from clients and not giving them anything
>>
>>2720674
Isn't calling them thieves a little bit harsh?
>>
>>2720677
It's literally the definition of theft you nimwit. Promising to exchange a product for money, then taking that money with no intention of producing the product.
>>
For those of you complaining about artists ignoring queue and taking new money and new commissions. Ever think maybe they are broke and new money NOW?
>>
>>2719746

post here
http://artists-beware.livejournal.com/
http://artists-beware.tumblr.com/

nobody wants to end up here
>>
>>2720709
But they're doing paintings out of order of the queue and also that doesn't explain delays lasting a year.
>>
>>2720569
You need to ask him to post that artist info here. If he's given over $1000 and has nothing to show that it's beyond theft that robbery.
>>2720712
Isn't that blog mostly for furries?
>>
>>2720719
it's not but most scam artists are furries, and thats an even better reason to post there. nobody wants to have their name alongside furries too
>>
If you pay an artist and they don't give you anything in 3 months and you find out they are taking new commissions instead of yours you need to report them to PayPal and Tumblr.
>>
Report them to PayPal, report their Tumblr account for theft and spread the world to not hire this artist.
>>
How do you let an artist get away with this? And what kind of artist lets this happen?
>>
>>2719737
Request more commissions from them and say that you'll pay more. That'll get their attention. These types of artists are all about money. If they don't get it, they'll die, so the best thing you can do is make it seem like you're going to pay up big buck then fuck them in the ass a few months later when they have no more money. They'll be out on the fucking streets now. This is why you don't fuck with other people and keep saying "today".
>>
>>2720632
Kill yourself worthless subhuman

You make doing commissions far more difficult for the rest of us
>>
>>2720677

No, not really.

They took your money and didn't provide what they promised in exchange. That isn't a transaction, that's stealing.

If you really need to contextualize it, imagine you walk down the street and come across a hot dog vendor. He says he'll make you a hot dog for $5, so you give him $5. He pockets it, then packs up and walks away and leaves you hotdogless. Did he not just steal your 5 dollars?
>>
>>2721242
But how much do you care for 5$ is the real question. I get my money stolen all the time, but man, to get it back isn't worth it sometimes.
>>
>>2720709

That doesn't do much to make you confident they're responsible people, if they're fucking conning people to pay them in lieu of doing the work they're getting paid for.

That's the problem, though. An unfortunate proportion of artists are irresponsible, shortsighted and unprofessional. So they're willing to accept payment from people in exchange for nothing to sustain their lifestyle of procrastination.
>>
>>2721247
They try their best to be responsible, farsighted and professional, but it's not their fault some problems are out of their hands.
>>
>>2721244

Personally if I paid an artist $5 and they ripped me off I'd get over it pretty fast. That doesn't magically mean they didn't steal $5 from me, though, and it doesn't make the person walking off with the $5 not an asshole.

I think if I paid between $20 and $50 for art and didn't get it I'd be pissed enough to at least report it to paypal or something. I could buy a good night's worth of beer for $20 (which I'm enjoying right now because I don't pay artists to draw for me), but instead I gave it to some entitled fuckwit who's raking other people instead of providing what's promised, that'd be pretty fucking irritating.
>>
>>2721248

There are exceptional circumstances in which taking on extra commissions to make ends meet might be acceptable, but even in that circumstance there is absolutely no reason not to keep your other clients up to speed on what's going on. And if a client isn't willing to accept the delay, tough titties, refund them and find a new client.

If you can't do their art in a timely manner it's YOUR responsibility to tell them, not leave them hanging for months at a time while accepting money from others with the false promise of doing work for them.
>>
>>2721257
But if you understand their situation, wouldn't that make it even more understanding between you and the artist? Now you know for sure you just have to wait longer. If it's nothing serious, there's no issues with waiting longer. It may be long in the short run, but in the long run that artist would probably be thankful other people understand their situation and further help you.
>>
>>2721259

Communication is key, anon.

I'm willing to bet a vast majority of clients will be very understanding if you, as an artist, tell them you're having trouble making ends meet and need to delay providing their work. But you need to TELL THEM. -You're- the asshole if you leave them hanging without a word, no matter how justified you think you are. And at the end of the day, if the commissioner who paid you goes "This isn't what I agreed to, I want my money back" it's still your responsibility to give them their money back.

Furthermore, if you're accepting commissions knowing full well you're already behind on other commission work, it should also be your responsibility to inform the clients you're ACCEPTING PAYMENT from that there will be a delay in providing the promised work they're -paying you- for while you finish the work other people are ----paying you----- for.

They don't owe you a fucking dime how much you need that dime, so respect their patronage. You're a professional, not a fucking beggar, you're not accepting handouts, you're selling your services. They aren't paying you charity.
>>
>>2720709
>Ever think maybe they are broke and new money NOW?

Tough luck, no one ever said being a artist was easy.
>>
>>2721267
You could help though.
>>
>>2721269

If people wanted to give charity they'd donate to a fucking charity, they pay artists for a service.
>>
>>2721275
Paying charities is indirect intervention. It's not the same as you doing it up front.
>>
>>2721269
If they want charity they can set up a patreon rather than steal from people
>>
>>2721276

The fuck are you talking about now?

Is doing it up front tossing money to a beggar? Because artists taking commissions aren't beggars, either. If you want to beg for money, beg for money, don't promise a service you're not providing.
>>
>>2719746
>paid her in February
>8 months...
>finally says something about it...by making a thread on ic.

Anon, please re-evaluate your actions and maybe next time you won't be cucked so hard.
>>
What's the appropriate time to wait before asking an artist for an update on a commission if you haven't heard from them for awhile? I guess it varies based on whether the artist is still actively posting work and if that work is personal art or other commissions, but I generally give a month before asking.
>>
>>2721360
A week. No artwork takes 40 hours+.
>>
>>2721363
Depends on the work, yo, some bigass illustrations or hyper-naturalistic dog pictures can take way longer.

I mean other than that pedantic outburst, a week is perfect. They' should at least have something to show you.
>>
>>2720712
Not very well archived.
>>
>>2719746
>February
>8 fucking months
weeeeeew
>>
>>2720569
Bumping for this.

Fucking years, an artist has been not doing work for years. How does it get this bad?
>>
>>2721244
"I get my money stolen all the time"
What the fuck you cuck
>>
It takes no more than 2 weeks for a single commission.
>>
File: 1434402742699.png (177KB, 378x354px) Image search: [Google]
1434402742699.png
177KB, 378x354px
Advice from a former delayer to angry clients.

>1.-If you don't both agree on a set deadline beforehand, don't give the artist money. We need the pressure.
>2.-If the artist doesn't agrees to send WIPs, don't give him money. Find someone else.
>3.-If the artist doesn't have pieces similar to what you're asking. Then you most likely won't get something back.

>4.-Clarify your intent:

Composition, color palette, energy, gestures... Everything is derived from the kind of idea you are trying to flesh out. If your idea is a vague nonsensical abstraction with irrational characters then don't expect artists to come up with a solution right away. Artists don't feel like drawing if they feel like the idea is shit, good art can't save a shit concept.

Really think hard about what will make the art good, beyond the skill of the artist. Why would people like that idea?

Example:

>Girl in bikini armor pinup.
Boom. Everyone understands what's up. Done in 2-3 days.

-Porky pig getting an abortion via plunger while daffy duck farts in his face.
How do you expect ANYONE to come up with body language and composition for this? What emotions is this even trying to represent?
It can be drawn. But don't expect the artist to find a solution in a long time.

Now, that last example is a huge exaggeration.
But you, paying customer, are the DIRECTOR. If you don't know how to give orders don't expect the artist to guess. Guessing takes time and effort.

Imagine walking into a restaurant and asking: "Uhh I would like something with pickles and chocolate. Make it extra crunchy please." Even if it sounds simple to do, most chefs would bail on you before even attempting to solve that.
>>
>>2722119
What the fuck are you talking about. If you cant draw what someone is asking just dont do it. You piece of shit, its because of people like you that its harder to find work nowadays. What a faggot.
>>
>>2722119
You sound as if you havent changed.
>>
>>2720569
Dude, you really need to get this client to post here. I think most of us would like to know what artist is scamming people for years and not doing their work.
>>
>>2719737

>go into debt collector mode

You paid for an art
You get art

Make your money back, take and edit their art post it online. Sell it as an adoptable or prints until you make your money back
>>
>>2721259
think about it logically. you promised to do the work, but you can't deliver because you are busy getting even more work. when is your "situation" supposed to be over? because if this keeps going like this, the logical conclusion is that a large amount of art you promised will never get done.

it is also implied that you are hoping that a percentage of your commissioners will eventually give up and stop asking. in that case you essentially ran with their money.
that's the only way your way of working is sustainable.
>>
just email them? and tell them you saw them taking on more but haven't done yours?
>>
>>2722119
But the chef should say

"Hey man, I can't really do that, I need you to be more specific" or "fine, but this will take six months" or they shouldn't accept the commission in the first place
>>
Yeah? And I have a feeling my client isn't going to pay me. Even though I had a "contract" filled out and everything. It doesn't matter. You always run a risk of people running off with your money or running off with your work and not paying. Like me. I feel like tracking this faggot down and kicking the shit out of him.
>>
>>2719754

This is the only meaningful post in this thread.
>>
>>2722956
Sounds like OP already gave her the money. She got her money but won't do the work. Then what?
>>
>>2723152
Same situation. Nothing you can really do, but put them on blast over any site they use.
>>
>>2722956
>not demanding half after preliminary sketch and the rest after showing an unusable low res final product then giving them ful res
>>
>>2723213
I know dude..I know.
>>
I have a very similar problem I paid an artist back in the beginning of August. Are used to exchange emails with them they would give me updates and such but since the middle of August she rarely keeps in touch anymore and keeps telling me I'll I'll get around to the project whenever I get around to it. The problem being I already paid her the $500 for the project and I have yet to see anything but one rough sketch out of eight. And the funny thing is she said that she wanted to do more stuff after this was done and she keeps bringing up payments for the next project we start bitch that ain't going to happen now
>>
ITT idiots who don't realize depression is a real thing and can affect your life and work
>>
>>2724061
kys. no, seriously. You little pussy faggot. Kill.Your.Self.
>>
I can't speak for other artists but the was late a couple times this year. Long story short, I met a girl on online after she liked my art. We started to date online and all the sudden she told me she didn't want to date me anymore. I was so heartbroken and depressed.
>>
>>2724061
ITP bait
>>
>>2724061
>Hey (client) I have to delay your commission because of personal reasons, or I can refund you half the price and send you what I've got so far

Even the most depressed/ill/troubled people are able to send a mail like this. Been there, done that.
>>
>>2719737
Sounds silly at first, but have you tried going to her stream, repeatedly asking: "Hey where is the commission I ordered 8 months ago"?
>>
>>2724061
Heh I remember this post from the last time we had this thread, nice bait.
>>
>>2724108
Did you read the OP?

>artist who day after day, week after week says she'll do your work "today" but doesn't

Clearly he has told her that he wanted it done and she keep saying she'll do it but she never does
>>
>>2724061
>depression
>streams and takes new commissions on stream
>ignores client who paid 8 months ago

fuck outta here
>>
Here's your main problem.

Letting some (most likely shitty) female artist to do a commission for you.
>>
>>2720209
>Or does the company in this case provide the legal terms that both parties will agree to?
>We'll give you a sandwich and anal lube while you work for us like a nigger. Oh, and you will hold no rights for what you produce.

No, you read the contract and change terms until both parties agree.
>>
>>2724061
you're either professional or you're not.
and if you're not, go do something else for money.
>>
>>2724300
And yet the artists who don't do work will always have a fanbase and people will still give them money.

See >>2720569
The guy I talk to in Skype has been ripped off for at least 2 years. He's showed me the payments and receipts on Bitcoin. I check out the artists Tumblr and stream once a week and all I see is the artist asking people in the chat if anyone wants a commission. He'all work on the new commissions then ask for more money. I've whispered the artist and he says he's completely open to new full price commissions. The guy "streams" like 6 hours a day everyday but doesn't get any work done. It takes him 4 hours to do a simple sketch. He spends all his time AFK. The guy is a lazy loser and I want to tell all the people in his chat what he does. But I can't throw my client out of the bus.
>>
>>2724355
Just say the artist name so we all know. I'm curious anyway.
>>
If I were to start doing commissions, what would be the best way for me to take the money? Yeah a lot of artists may be scammers, but that doesn't change the fact that artists in general are still more vulnerable to being ripped off since clients don't have a reputation to worry about. I've heard the "50 up front 50 after the work is done" system being recommended a lot, but you're still leaving yourself open to loosing 50% of the money.
>>
Didn't this anon make the same thread a while ago? Just ask for a refund or post her name.
>>
File: icDRUHMA.jpg (508KB, 527x920px) Image search: [Google]
icDRUHMA.jpg
508KB, 527x920px
>>2724565
DO NOT POST ANY NAMES. If you're going to post a name, use a site like ArtistBeware or make a public post on your Tumblr. As an artist myself, I just don't get how other people can so easily take advantage of clients.
>>2724563
I do this, works out. Draw a sketch, send to client / they tell me if it's good or what to change / they agree to sketch they pay 50% and the other 50% when the image is finished.
>>2724565
As much as I hate these threads I admit it can be a good way to learn which artists people should avoid. This is also a good lesson to new artists to not bite off more than you can chew, your clients will eventfully get upset and you'll be outed as a lazy motherfucker who just takes money.
>>
>>2724563
One thing you can do is not letting your client have a look at the full-res version, or slap a watermark on everything until they've sent you the final amount. If you explain that you've had people Welsh on the payment in the past, anyone who's actually intending to pay you will probably be fine with it.
>>
>>2724588

>>2724575 Here. I agree, with this. When sending rough draft or sketch give them low-res or something. It's never happened to me but I can imagine clients running away with free art.
>>
>>2724427
same here
>>
>>2719752
because the art in question is usually autism tier and spaghetti would fill a small claims court.
>>
>>2719848
Why are your balls so sweaty?
>>
>>2724563
Auction the sketch as a YCH if the client flakes.
>>
>>2724840
Look up for any Patreon.
>>
This thread made me finish stuff :D all clients happy af about what they got. Feelsgoodman. /IC/ saves the day once again.
>>
>>2724061
I remember that thread.
>>
>>2725219
Good job man!
>>
>>2725219
It's sad you have to be scared into doing your work, mate.
>>
>>2725877
He still did it though, which is more than can be said for OP's artist
>>
Use this as a learning experience by coming to the realization that you are not smart (double digits) and be aware of smart people who are going to take advantage of you throughout life by reading you like the simple little fucking childrens book you are you dumb potato retard. Request a paypal (or whatever other method of transaction) refund, and if that isn't possible pay someone $10 to pull down your pants and spank you like the fucking child you are
>>
>>2720694
What you're talking about is more along the lines of a scam. Thieving is moreso taking money/things without permission, obviously in this context they had permission to take the money.
>>
You need to ask for your money back if you haven't got anything from her yet.
>>
File: 1473657943062.jpg (29KB, 281x440px) Image search: [Google]
1473657943062.jpg
29KB, 281x440px
>>2725952
>and be aware of smart people
>take advantage of you throughout life by reading you
are you saying this because you're a scammer and you think you're smart?
how does one even write stupid shit like this?
>>
>>2726205
He's trying to defend his actions.
>>
I'm in a somewhat similar boat. I've been talking to an artist for over 2 months. He tells me everyday he'll work on the sketch "this week" and send it to me so we can start work on the commission. Granted I have yet to pay him so I'm not mad but I really really want to see his art for this idea I have and we haven't started it. Again I can't be mad but I'm annoyed I'm getting the run around.
>>
>>2726764
At least you didn't pay.
>>
File: never ask me again.jpg (53KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
never ask me again.jpg
53KB, 540x304px
>>2726764
As long as you didnt pay, everything is fine

Just dont be an art cuck.
Youre the one with the money So have some self-respect and some dignity unlike OP
>>
>>2725952

People without morals or ethics regularly seem to mistake manipulating social norms and conning people as a mark of intelligence, I wouldn't recommend inflating it like that. I know a lot of persuasive fucking idiots, charisma and intelligence very often are quite different even when it comes to good con-men. Not to mention it doesn't take much smarts to promise something and not provide it, it just takes shitty ethics, poor discipline, and the belief it won't come back and bite you in the ass (which is a risky proposition).
>>
>>2727111
Then why do they think they can get away with it?
>>
File: harukasan14.webm (88KB, 226x222px) Image search: [Google]
harukasan14.webm
88KB, 226x222px
>>
>>2721360
You work that out in the contract.

>>2721363
Some of us tend draw more than stick figures, anon.
>>
>>2722119
You have a point. Artists hate shitty ideas and projects. Those get put on the back burner. The only way to rectify that is to charge more or to say no.
>>
>>2724198
>acting as if men can't rip you off

Go back to /r9k/.
>>
>>2726764
No money, no work.
>>
>>2727839
And you see what can happen when you pay an artist in full up front.
>>
>>2727836
>replying to b8
>>
>>2727684
Because they're retards.
>>
>>2725193
What's a YCH and what's an Adoptable?
>>
>>2730530
Bumping for this.
>>
Most Tumblr based artists are lazy as fuck and have "depression" watch out.
>>
>>2730530
YCH = Your Character Here. The artist makes a rough sketch of a scene with one or more blank characters in, auctions it off (or sells it at a fixed price, tho the first is more common), then finishes the pic with the buyers characters of choice.

Adoptable is a character design created by the artist, that someone can buy, claim as their own and use as they wishes, be it in art or fiction.
>>
>>2731736
>YCH = Your Character Here

I've gotta be honest, I've never seen this. Is this a common thing now?
>>
OP here. Here's an update.

I told her the deadline from the finish art was Nov 4th. At the time I said this she agreed and said it wouldn't be a problem. This morning she told me so hasn't started it and has been working on new commissions so she could pay her bills. Then she asked me if I wanted to setup a new commission payment today as she needed the money this week.

I'm clearly getting the run around. What should I do? She is clearly taking money for new commissions and not caring about mine and only cares if I pay her again.
>>
>>2732359
>I've gotta be honest, I've never seen this. Is this a common thing now?
the single example I can think of is the neon dick
>>
>>2732359
it's very common with furry shit because every furry has some kind of self-insert wolfkin bullshit character OCDNS
>>
I can't speak for other but before I become an artist 2 years ago and starting drawing for myself I had bad luck with the 5 artists I commissionsed for porn. Keep in mind I paid all these artists 100% up front.

>one guy had depression and didn't start until 3 months after I paid him

>another would never get back to my emails in time and said he was always sick and in the hospital

>one artist I would give them the idea I wanted, they would agree and draw it all in time but the finished product was missing a bunch of characters and idea. He said he was feeling lazy and didn't want to draw them. This was for every commission I did and I paid for the extra things he wasn't drawing

>one guy was perfect, on time and always emailing news

>last one would never start the art and always said they weren't feeling good over and over

Needless to say, I learned to trust only myself and decided to take an art class.
>>
>>2732695
Man you've had so bad luck.
>>
>>2732679
>furry

That's you needed to say.
>>
NAME please! I can't rest easy if I don't get to dox someone. I live solely to dox people who really deserve it.
>>
>>2732659
I suffer with serious illness so sometimes I can't do commissions on time or at all. I always state it up front and don't take them on if i think I can't finish them.

I did have one time when I ended up almost dead in hospital and the first thing I did was get my hubby to call the person who's commission was due and refund all the money and recommend an artist who could do it as well as offer to pay any extra money needed to get the other artist to do it in time (pay for a rush job)
The lady was very understanding and said to just take my time and in the end I got my husband to bring me my brushes and had the nurse help me sit up in a chair and stuff and didn't charge her a penny.

She then sent me a get well/thankyou card and some chocolates. In the chocolate box on top was all the money plus $10 tip. I cried like a baby.
If you've paid for the work and agreed on a date and she doesn't come through then you have a legal case against her.
>>
>>2733115
urself
>>
>>2732659
Tell the bitch to refund you. Her situation is not your problem. You paid her for a service and she failed to do it.
>>
>>2732659

This is a shit spot to be in if you're an artist because you need to keep the commissions flowing to pay the bills but that 'one' super hard commission you procrastinate on eternally because you know it'll take you forever and you've also already spent the money on bad dragons dildos and other degenerate shit (don't lie).

Happened to me when I was still a bit inexperienced. Now I know better and stay on top of my commissions at all times. Even if delayed you shouldn't skip a commission ever and you should work very hard even if the upfront money is so sweet.

The only way to fix this problems once it's appeared is to work super hard (which most artists are allergic to anyway, else they wouldn't have become artists)
>>
>>2733115
This. Drop the name.
>>
>>2732359

>YCH = Your Character Here
>I've gotta be honest, I've never seen this. Is this a common thing now?

Very common in Deviantart and Furaffinity.
>>
>>2719746
You have let the situation brew for eight months, long past when it should have been handled. Once the agreed upon deadline was past, you should have contacted her and worked something out immediately. Then, you should have threatened to charge back your credit card or open a PayPal dispute. Instead, you've acted like a bitch and for 8 months not got the product you paid for.

Like other anons have said, at this point, you can only hope to have learned a lesson. Do not let other people take advantage of you like this in the future. That doesn't mean being an asshole however. You have to learn to balance demanding respect and acting respectfully and considerately to others.
>>
>>2719737

Haven't read the whole thread but IMO atleast give the artist a chance to refund you before going public. I think that's fair. If he refuses to refund you, well then sure drop the name.
>>
>>2736724
You said a lot of good things but look here >>2732659

Any time an artist still hasn't done you're commissions or isn't finished with your current queue and they ask you for more money. That's a bad, bad sign.
>>
>>2732659
Bumping for this. Did you ever give her the money? Did she do your work yet.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.