[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huion GT-185

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (311KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
311KB, 1500x1500px
Is this worth it ?
Most of the reviews are pretty good
>>
its sooooooo cheap
i want one but then again
do i need one??
>>
>>2719499
How much and what specs?

I have money saved for a cintiq 27qhd but if the specs are same on that thing might get one of those instead.
>>
Pretty much all monitor tablets are shit in general. Having your hand always obstructing a part of the image is annoyng after you got used to work with a regular tablet. My neck and shoulders were hurting because I had to look down instead of straight in front me like you do with a regular tablet and monitor. And when I tried to put the tablet more vertically my arm and wrist begun to hurt. Also, there's always annoying parallax effect, constant light blasting in your face which is hard for the eyes, it doesn't feel like traditional at all.
No, OP, it's not worth it. Not even Cintiq is worth it. It sounds like a great idea, but we're not at the point yet when screen monitors feel just as comfortable as traditional painting. You better off with buying a good monitor and a regular tablet instead of this thing.
>>
The xp-pen 22 hd is the best cheap screen tablet atm.
>>
>>2719595
>posture
>parallax
This is what kills the idea of pen displays for me.

>constant light blasting in your face which is hard for the eyes
I mean, you're looking at a monitor either way...
>>
>>2719595
>Having your hand always obstructing a part of the image is annoyng after you got used to work with a regular tablet.
As opposed to traditional media, where your strokes are magically projected onto your surface.
>>
>>2719499
I have GT-190, it's pretty good. No delay or glitches. It was a pain to find space for it though
>>
>>2719499
>no pen til or rotation
No.
>>
>>2719672
Got one of these used it for a total of 1 hour and has been collecting dust.

It's good and all but I made the mistake of purchasing it when I had little interest in getting back to doing art. Those tendencies seem to come and go and I will most likely make up for it when I get my mojo back.
>>
>>2719595
>parallax effect
Wtf is that?
>>
>>2719499
Good question, yes and no.

On some monitor models the pen position isn't pixel accurate, so if you want accurate lines, you can be fucked because instead of a straight line you get a line with a wave like pattern in certain directions. This can be a dealbreaker for some people.
>>
>>2720679
Stop projecting your weaknesses anon.
>>2719926
Im willing to bet you cant draw at all.
>>
Does anyone recommend the Cintiq 13HD?
>>
>>2721873
It's the distance between the pen tip and the actual canvas. Imagine drawing with a pen on paper, but there's a 2mm thick sheet of glass between your pencil tip and the paper. That's what parallax is.
>>
>>2719702
>I mean, you're looking at a monitor either way...
There's a distance difference. I tried cintiq 27qhd and I would never wanted to have a regular monitor this big sitting as close. I'm not sure if even 22 inch model would be much different. Other thing that I remembered is that it was pretty exausting to work with, because I had to move my hand way too much. For ecample when you work on the left side or the center of the screen and have to move to the right edge of the screen when you want to quickly tweak colors or switch layers and then go back where you were working. It slowed down my workflow by a lot.
Screen panel quality was pretty good, but ultimately not as good as the Dell monitor that I have. Again, it's a better experience to have a great monitor and a regular tablet, imo.

>>2719747
Well, I said "after you got used to work with a regular tablet". For some reason it never bothered me in traditional. Probably something to get used to, but fuck it.
>>
>>2722288
I look at the pointer on the display, not the pen tip, so I don't have this problem.
>>
>>2722287
if you don't have any worries about money get a cintiq
if you're not rich get the cheapest

xp-pen, huion, yiynova are pretty competitive, if you get used products you'll find them even cheaper
>>
I bought the Ugee for 400 USD at first I thought it was fucked. Then I used the correct driver and unplugged the mouse and it was fine. Randomly the strokes sometimes have pixelated details. But that usually means I probably uninstalled the driver by accident. Windows updates sometimes fuck it up too. But compared to saving for a Cintiq, I feel it was worth it. I have a Wacom Bamboo as backup just in case.

People will nitpick at anything. From my experience the Ugee has pissed me off but for the long stretches of time that it has been working well I made things that would be harder to pull off with pens and markers.

But, actually since I've been getting better with Sai and Photoshop I found my skills with traditional media improved. Because now I focus on proportions and coloring and before the image flow and the line work were the most important to me.

I bet the Huion is even better than my Ugee. If you can get it you should. Just be patient. Watch videos, watch reviews and tutorials. Make your decision carefully to get the right model and brand. Drawing monitors might not be everyone's taste, but I love mine.

Streaming a drawing of a celebrity or video game character with several references on your main screen and having the chat open on your dual monitor is a really cool feeling. It makes you want to draw more.

Well good luck, man.
>>
>>2719499
The camvas GT-156HD looks interesting but it's more expensive. The problem I have with the GT-185 is its shitty budget-laptop-tier resolution (1366 x 768).
>>
>>2719499
I have a gt 220. Its pretty great. Id recomend an atfolix screencover but other than that huions are good theres no dead pixels , no screen dust or grit. But there is pen drift as you move out of the middle 15" area. And all hions have that aparently. Maybe that helps your decision? Because cintiqs dont have that drift
>>
File: b.jpg (21KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
21KB, 300x225px
>>2722278
I'm willing to bet you wasted your money on one of those and now you're a butthurt faggot trying to justify the crap you bought.
>someone make a sound criticism of the pen
>DURR HURR YOU CAN'T DRAW
kys
>>
>>2719747
With traditional, half of your paper's real estate isn't taken up by toolboxes and menus. You also don't have the parallax issue.
>>
>>2722380
Any opinions on the GT-156HD? I desperately want a table and just found out it comes out on my birthday so it seems cosmically fateful
>>
>>2722477
>With traditional, half of your paper's real estate isn't taken up by toolboxes and menus.
This is a problem with the smaller sizes, I am happy I didn't go with these. For smaller display sizes you can show at best one row for tool options without them taking up all the screen space. But you will need at least 2 for all the stuff that matters (preview, layer list, tool list, tool options, color palette, color selector.) You can reach all these options in other ways, too, but these ways aren't as comfortable in most programs, and speed matters.

>You also don't have the parallax issue.
See >>2722306
>>
bump for discussion
>>
>huion
>>
File: 1454074067250.jpg (42KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1454074067250.jpg
42KB, 500x281px
i want to buy one of this things but don't even know what their name is, should i just search drawing tablet? dont make fun of me
>>
>>2723723
>hue
>>
>>2724184
Haha
>>
Oh god the KAMVAS GT-156HD 15% launch discount already disappeared.

Why did I hesitate so much?!
>>
>>2719499
Anyone can write a review on Amazon you don't even need to buy the product. There are services to buy fake reviews. I'd trust the 1-3 star reviews over the 5 star.
>>
>>2725272
it will come back anyway
>>
The Huion GT-156HD came out today I think.
>>
Does anyone have the monoprice 22" drawing monitor? It was very interesting to me considering it has an eraser and tilt.
>>
>>2725352
How come there are literally no reviews?
>>
>>2726120
Because it just came out probably.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.