[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what to do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161019_012015226.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161019_012015226.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
I was copying a random image i found for practice and everything seemed to be going well, but now I just feel stuck.

It feels like no matter where I try to pick up, it just feels or looks wrong. I've switching back and forth between viewing my image upside down and regular, but that seems to have only taken me so far.

Tips? Tricks? Advice?

[spoiler] my "drawing on the right side of the brain comes tomorrow, hopefully before class [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1476807797575(2).jpg (37KB, 720x685px) Image search: [Google]
1476807797575(2).jpg
37KB, 720x685px
>>2718745
Original pic for reference.

Thanks.
>>
>>2718745
1. Never use lined paper.

2. Don't make your own thread

3. Don't draw anime until you're at least semi-competent with your fundamentals. You're not learning anything by copying someone else's drawing, not at that level.
>>
>>2718753
1) The sketch pad comes tomorrow too

2) Sorry I'm new here, I happened upon the beginner thread while waiting.

3) I was mostly messing around, can't sleep. -_- but i'll bear that in mind.

Thanks again.
>>
Only use lined paper for doodles.
Don't use lined paper for doodles if you have alternatives, even if it's printer paper.
Find pictures of real people and redraw them in animu style.
Steal some eye, nose, and mouth pieces until you become confident making your own.
Ignore >>2718753
You can do studies of anime drawings if you want but focus on the face and get those fundamentals down, the anatomy is going to be garbage.
>>
>>2718745
You made her too wide and you drew her too tall to fit.

Also it doesn't look good.

Start with basics, friend.
>>
>>2718745
watch unplugged section on ctrlpaint.com and do the exercises
>>
>>2718745
You focused on individual lines instead of breaking down the image into shapes to preserve proportions.

Common beginner mistake, friend. Next time, start with the biggest shape in the picture, drawing very lightly, and slowly work your way to individual lines once the groundwork has been laid.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.