[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>guy wants me to collaborate with him on his comic book >asks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 19-baby-tiger.jpg (367KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
19-baby-tiger.jpg
367KB, 1024x1024px
>guy wants me to collaborate with him on his comic book
>asks ?do you also do ink and color"?

If he's asking me to draw the whole thing AND color it, wouldn't it make sense to draw the whole thing digitally from scratch?

I could understand if he just wanted pencils, but if he wants me to ink it and color it as well, I might as well skip the traditional penciling and inking part and just do it digitally right?
>>
>>2718598
What are you really asking here
>>
>>2718756
In the comic book industry, traditionally there is a penciler, an inker and colorist (usually a digital coloring done in photoshop). However this client is asking me to do all three. If that is the case, wouldn't it make sense to just draw it from scratch digitally if that's the final product he wants? I'm just thinking in terms of the work process.
>>
>>2718598
>working for free
>>
>>2719396
Where did I say I was working for free?
>>
>>2719403
Then what's the problem? Just charge more for coloring/inking
>>
>>2719403
When you used the word "collaborate"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXYoD7wfOs
>>
>>2719423
Thats not what collaborate means.
>>
>>2719409
This is more of a, what would you do sort of situation. Like, how would you create a comic if someone asked you to draw it and color it?

Would you pencil the pages, ink them, scan them and then color them?
Or would you draw it from scratch digitally since you're digitally coloring it anyway?
>>
>>2719428
What's the difference? The client only cares about the finished piece. Just do whatever you're most comfortable with.
>>
>>2719434
>the client only cares about the finished piece

Not necessarily. I've had clients buy the original pencils off of me. I would prefer drawing it digitally from scratch, but I don't want to tell the client "oh, if you want me to draw it and color it, I'll draw it digitally from scratch" and have them think they can charge me less because I'm skipping a step.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.