[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student Art - College. Any of this look worth a damn ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 20161018_155155.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_155155.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Student Art - College.

Any of this look worth a damn ?
>>
>>2718421
Vader looks pretty good.
>>
File: 20161018_155701.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_155701.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>2718422
>>
is this for real? Wtf
>>
>>2718441
Yeah, Art students. Not sure which year?
I do hope none of them are thinking of making a living off this...
>>
lol this is middleschool tier, and not even extracurricular art middleschool tier.
>>
>>2718446
People have to start somewhere, anon. That's what happens when you draw like a 5 year old at age 30
>>
Looks even worse in person. The camera sort of filters the images and smoothes it out a bit.
Up close, it's atrocious. .
>>
Why is there no quality standard for art education. Imagine if you went to check on a math class and you found out none of the students could do division or whatever. Why are art teachers such wastes of life.
>>
>>2718421
No. That's worse than what I did in elementary school.
>>
>>2718524
That's the funny part. Because it's "Art", there doesn't have to be a standard. Therefore, all you need to get a degree is pay for classes.
There's literally nothing that tells the student if they're wasting their tuition on a completely useless education.
>>
>>2718421
is this like a legit art school or a cc? If it's a cc i can understand, but damn an actual art school then that's just sad.
>>
>>2718563
Portland Community College.
>>
>>2718567
bruh, were those on the display case?
>>
>>2718524
art is subjective which is why it isn't taken seriously (especially for modern art)
>>
>>2718599
No, not at all. Posted on the entrance wall for everyone to see ..
>>
>>2718567
i went to pcc last term, go to PSU now

fucking fight me
>>
>>2718558
>>2718600
Art isn't about the "creation" of art...but it's also the "critical thinking" and "interpreting" of art and what it represents.
Sadly mainstream normies take this at face value and the concept of "oh i wonder what this piece is representing or trying to say?" is lost. People look at technical skill first because it's the most comparible to themselves. So when a normie goes up to any abstracted piece and say, "i could just have easily done that." they are ignorant to the actual legitimate motivations that the orginal creator had...But when people look at scientists and mathematicians, they put them on the pedestal. Why? Because everyone is forced to learn math one way or another. Everyone struggles through it. I think that if we taught art fundamentals/history/critical thinking and it was required, there would be a higher appreciation towards the art form.

Btw i totally agree with your points, i was just expanding on the idea
>>
>>2718667
The fuck are you talkin about?
>>
>>2718567
HAHA no shit oh my god.

Was planning on signing up for next semester, but fuck taking any sort of art class after seeingnthat shit. Jesus man...

Is PCC as bad as i thought it might be? Filled with pink haired SJWs who work for asspats?
>>
>>2718690
Exactly what it's like. Also, the Cascade location is filled with Nig-Nogs who are obnoxious as Fuck !!
The tech. classes are okay. I'm taking a Sound Recording class there and it's awesome>
Hate the location and the SJW freak/fags tho..
>>
>>2718678
What a shit expansion
True but poorly explained
>>
>>2718422
not really
>>
>>2718421

absolute beginner tier, needs to read the sticky
>>
>>2718421
man just drop out. or don't bother going.

Keep art a hobby and go find a good paying job and contribute something to society. the world doesn't need anymore shit artists. colleges will take your money, and that's about all the favors your doing for others with your art.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.