[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I resize correctly?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: New canvas.png (1MB, 1600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.png
1MB, 1600x2000px
I'm at that point when I realize that people who want to print things, don't draw small and that they draw pretty big most of the time,
and this is overwhelming to get used too.
I was used to drawing at 100 zoom, but now I zoom out to around 25 to 66.7 zoom when I draw and that leaves me with a pretty big drawing.

I just want to know how to resize these massive files I'm drawing.

Is there a trick to resizing?
>>
>>2716829
What do you mean?
the file or the canvas
>>
>>2716829
bloooooooooog?
>>
What are you even asking, you fucking BR?

How big the image should be?
Take the format you want and multiply it by the PPI you want
>>
>>2716837
I mean the canvas size
(because when I attempt to resize my drawing they tend to look off to me)

>>2716839
I don't feel comfortable sharing that here.

>>2716853
Let me clarify: I want to shrink the image so it's not too big, but I also want it to maintain some clarity. I don't want it to be too small.

Is there a way to change the image's resolution and keep the scaling of the image readable?
>>
>>2716876
BLOOOOOOOOOOOOG

I want to follow you
>>
>>2716876
>I want to shrink the image so it's not too big, but I also want it to maintain some clarity. I don't want it to be too small.
Then don't make it too small perhaps? Use common sense.
>>
>>2716876
please share blog
>>
>>2716884
I'm just trying to figure that out.
I posted the doodles with different zooms so I can get an outsiders opinion on this.
(Artists are blind when it comes to their own artwork. I really can't tell what's wrong with my drawings until after I post them.)
You and I see things differently and I think that's great, I want to see what you see.
I need a fresh set of eyes to point out things I overlooked.

I believe that 50% might be a little too big and 25% is a bit too small. 33.3% might work but it still feels off
>>
>>2716907
Nigger, seriously, what the fuck is your question?

The dimensions of the image?
The zoom level at which you draw?
Rescaling the already drawn image?

Only the first one has anything to do with printing, and you already got your answer to that.
>>
only vectors can be scaled without losing quality.

it's going to change whether you make it bigger or smaller.

my suggestion, sketch your pick quick and messy, then scale it to your desirable size, THEN you can make your "actual sketch". first sketch is more of a frame.

it's what i do, at least, since my drawings used to be hella micro. i draw in 500% zoom for whatever the fuck reason.
>>
>>2716829
I have a headache but I think I know what you want to ask.
When I work on a picture I make sure it looks nice at the resolution I want to make public (for me that's abaout 20-30%). But I still work on it more zoomed in, even if some details won't show up much after resizing. This is important if you decide to print it later as a poster or something.
>>
>>2716913
I guess I'll explain ferther.. so you can understand.

I'm planning on making a colored webcomic and hopefully, make prints with it.
I don't want it to be terribly unreadable or monstrously huge.

(I'm working at B4 257.00 x 364.00mm Binding size :A4 size 210.00 x 297.00mm 600dpi by the way.)

I just wanted to know how to resize things so that people don't have to squint to try and figure out that the words or pictures mean and I also don't want it to be too big that it takes too log to load.
I trying to find a happy median here.

>>2716918
oh, yes vectors are nice. The program I'm using had an option for that! ( Clip Studio Paint EX )

Oh? does that mean you use flash to draw?
I could never get flash to work for me.
>>
>>2716927
This is what I needed to hear thank you very much! ^w^/

(( Also, I hope your headache goes away maybe you haven't been drinking enough water? I like to make chamomile tea when I get headaches. I can't really say it works for dehydration, but I feel a bit more relaxed afterward.))
>>
>>2716876
not sure i follow right
i just draw on a big canvas with high res (300dpi) and when i export it i resize it after to a reasonable change
resizing can easily be done in just about any art program, what do you use? sai?
open up the newly exported jpeg/png, go to canvas->change canvas resolution. make sure contrain proportions is checked. then just put in what you want it to be
>>
Rule of thumb, resize an image to be 1/2^n of its original size (50%/25%/12.5%)
So work at a size that's 2x, 4x, or 8x as big as your final image and then resize
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.