[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lineart thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: tb-choi-img-3575-1.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tb-choi-img-3575-1.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
How to achieve good line art quality when drawing digitally /ic/ ? I can't seem to vary the line weights, my lineart always look unenergetic and I'm blaming on the photoshop brushes.

I want to be like pic related.
>>
>>2715752
picture for ants
>>
>>2715758
it's on instagram and I don't know how to download image so I just googled it instead

Artist Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tb_choi/?hl=en
>>
>>2715761
Also I really want to learn how to draw in that style, kinda Disney-esque animator style but I don't know where to learn it.
>>
>>2715762
>Also I really want to learn how to draw in that style(...)

Why not get a fuckton of such drawings and copy it?

See that obnoxious nigger on /ic/ that makes Frazetta copy every day, his own personal drawings also have that style now.
>>
>>2715777

*copy them
>>
>>2715761
>https://www.instagram.com/tb_choi/?hl=en
Here's their artstation dude: https://www.artstation.com/artist/tbchoi
>>
>>2715777
I'm kinda afraid I would just blatantly copy without understanding the fundamentals of the style
>>
>>2715807

So why not first copy and then try to draw structure on it? Or actually study where an artist makes a simplification/stylization and in what way? Maybe try making some gesture drawings in that style.

And really, you shouldn't worry unless you are outright tracing. You won't learn this shit in other way than copying.
>>
>>2715752
zooming in helps. a lot.
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 4000x4577px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 4000x4577px
Don't force ourself to have perfect lines, being a bit imperfect makes your drawing more organic (see Fengs stuff). The only exceptions are straight lines- those show your confidence and make huge difference.

Make sure your perspective is very thight (you can fake it a bit- ie you can have L VP and R VP set on two different HL as long as they are not too far apart from each other, again see Fengs 3/4 and follow his VPs, almost always his VPs are not perfectly aligned on single HL)

Move your stylus quickly to avoid PS jitter
practice a lot (surprise, surpise).

Also lineart requires me to use one of my favourite lineart brushes- yeah, I just said it.

Lineweight is really important. Lookup Scott Robertson's YT for tutorial.
>>
File: grid.jpg (397KB, 3840x3723px) Image search: [Google]
grid.jpg
397KB, 3840x3723px
>>2715970
Forgot about one more thing:
using this kind of grid makes it easier to think 3d volumes at least for me.
>>
>>2715978
How is one supposed to even use this mess of lines?
>>
File: 2.jpg (458KB, 1920x1053px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
458KB, 1920x1053px
>>2716051
You could use it to set up a camera lense. Feng uses is in some of his videos if you want to see it in action. Otherwise you can google his enviro stuff he does for FZD school, he sometimes includes thumbnails of the process, you can see him using those kind of grids often.
>>
>>2715752
In case you guys wanted the bigger res version.

And just so you know, to find the full res of any instagram photo simply open the link in a new tab, view source and locate this line:

<meta property="og:image" content=

Link will be the full res photo.
>>
>>2715970
>Make sure your perspective is very thight (you can fake it a bit- ie you can have L VP and R VP set on two different HL as long as they are not too far apart from each other, again see Fengs 3/4 and follow his VPs, almost always his VPs are not perfectly aligned on single HL)

tf does all those words mean?
>>
>>2716446
Save them in a notepad and read them once you've studied perspective for a while. They'll all make sense.
>>
>>2716446
>tf does all those words mean?

>Make sure your perspective is very thight (you can fake it a bit- ie you can have L VP and R VP set on two different HL as long as they are not too far apart from each other, again see Fengs 3/4 and follow his VPs, almost always his VPs are not perfectly aligned on single HL)
Thight = misspelling of "tight"
ie = id est (Latin for “it is”). It's like saying "for example".
VP = Vanishing Point
L VP = Left Vanishing Point
R VP = Right Vanishing Point
HL = Horizon Line

If you still are confused then get a book on perspective.

>>2716453
Not all books abbreviate them like that I don't think. Also if their first language isn't English or they have studied perspective in another language it may be confusing.
>>
>>2715752
Isn't all art lineart?
>>
>>2716501

No, lots of shit is done in a style which relies more on changes in value than lines.
>>
>>2716501
>Isn't all art lineart?
>Isn't painting lineart?
>Isn't sculpture lineart?
>>
>>2716108
"jpg" on the first result is faster is the same

t. someone who saves girls' instagram photos
>>
File: harleyquin_by_tbchoi-d93gzy0.jpg (163KB, 1024x1563px) Image search: [Google]
harleyquin_by_tbchoi-d93gzy0.jpg
163KB, 1024x1563px
>>2716478
thanks anon but I'm gonna stick with figure drawing for now until I'm comfortable, I still feel perspective is too advanced for me now desu
>>
>>2716614
Do you want to handle dynamic poses?

It's a challenge but at least you'd be out of your comfort zone from what I gather. The rules of perspective apply to everything to some extent.
>>
>>2715752
Cintiq
>>
>>2715762
Go to your local synagogue. Around the back you'll find the devil, who's more than willing to buy your soul if that's the route you want to take.
>>
>>2715752
make your canvas bigger bruv
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.