[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Copic Multiliner SP

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 125-copic-multiliner-sp-brush-3.jpg (57KB, 592x520px) Image search: [Google]
125-copic-multiliner-sp-brush-3.jpg
57KB, 592x520px
Are these any good for comic drawing? Do they fade away when you erase the underlining sketches and smudge when you color with markers?
>>
Those fineliners/multiliners slightly fade when eraser underlying pencil sketches.
They also won't smudge when you color with markers, as long as they're dried properly.

COPIC multiliner brand is very expensive for it's function
>>
>>2714722
>>2714775
Would you recommend these or Rotring Isographs?
>>
File: rxpqbgpx.jpg (50KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
rxpqbgpx.jpg
50KB, 1000x500px
>>2714806
rotring isographs specially pic related, are pretty good, but the part encircled breaks easily. Loses thread for no good reason at all.

I recommend using Staedtler tech pens. Try other brands to decide.
>>
>>2714810
> but the part encircled breaks easily
I know, man. But I'm pretty happy with it, the lines that I draw with it never fade away no matter how hard I use an eraser. But it is hard to draw very long lines with it so I'm looking for a pen with a softer tip that I can use interchangeably with my isograph for the long lines, so I've been wondering if the Multiliner SP's can keep up with it or lose pigmentation because of erasing like Pigma Microns or other unrefillable drawing pens.
>>
File: IMG_8002.jpg (1MB, 2500x1702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8002.jpg
1MB, 2500x1702px
>>2714722
They're pricy, but I really like them. Been hoarding nibs and ink because I hear they might be discontinuing them next year.
>>
>>2714956
I really like that sketch.
>I hear they might be discontinuing them next year.
But why tho? Hopefully it's just a false rumor.
>>
>>2714722
Why don't you just get some Staedtlerâ„¢ ones
>>
>>2714722
>Are these any good for comic drawing?
They are
>Do they fade away when you erase the underlining sketches and smudge when you color with markers?
No and no. I assure you copic wouldn't make pens that fucked up when you used their markers.

>Would you recommend these or Rotring Isographs?
I'd recommend starting with something that isn't $40 a pen. I'd recommend Sakura Microns over copic multi liners just for starting.

>>2714833
But if you'r just looking to supplement your isographs, why not go for the cheaper option (Microns) first and see how much you want to upgrade, or if you're content with what you have?
>>
>>2715111
Not available where I live, I guess. Can't find them anywhere.
>>2715158
>I assure you copic wouldn't make pens that fucked up when you used their markers.
I guess they wouldn't, but I just wanted to be sure. They only let me down with their marker pads.
> I'd recommend Sakura Microns over copic multi liners just for starting.
I'm not really a beginner, I have to replace my old isograps with new ones, and considering getting multiliners instead if they're worth the money (or both to use together). I read some reviews for Microns, they say it fades a lot. But like you said, I might get a few just to try out and see for myself, they're very cheap anyway.
>>
>>2715197
>reviews for Microns
Not OP, but I use microns a lot, depending on the roughness of the paper I wear down the tips really fast. I only use the 005 sparingly and otherwise use the 01 as a workhorse. I still wear down the 01 faster than it runs out of ink, but a 6 pack lasts me about a year.

The ink definitely lifts when erasing an under drawing. Recently, I changed my workflow to avoid this.
>sketch digitally
>print sketch as light red lines
>ink the print (reprint if I mess up)
>scan and remove red underlying sketch
>reprint scan if I want to color
>>
>>2715212
>reprint scan if I want to color
Your printers' ink doesn't smudge while coloring?
>>
>>2715212
holly shit that's alot of printing

does that mean its worth it to just print alot to use the same inker or are you just beyond the point of worrying about the money muns
>>
>>2715231
>smudge while coloring?
So far not, I copied the process from Jake Parker
https://tmblr.co/Zyo1Fw26aIVzD

>>2715241
You don't need an expensive printer, just something to print reds (or blues) and something that prints black for inks. Neither uses a lot of toner. Also, paper is pretty cheap. I just bought some off amazon that is decent for markers, but previously I just stole copy paper from work.
http://mrjakeparker.com/tools
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.