[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tumblr 101 Q&A

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I ll start with my question, should you reblog other people's artwork on your own art blog? Even if they are 100x better than yours and makes your stuff look like shite?
>>
>>2714659
I think it depends of what you want from your blog
Do you want it to be more like a portfolio so that people who saw one of your pics were able to browse your other works quickly? Then no, don't reblog anything ever there. Keep reblogs and everything that is not your art for your personal blog.

If you want to keep it more casual and personal? Then sure, reblog, answer questions and do text posts.
>>
>>2714659
if it´s used to make a point, sure.

but always comparing yourself to best of the best is tiring, unfair and they didnt get there in the time you´ve been doing content so its just wrong to think "am i official blizzard concept artist level good yet"

hell it took years for them so give yourself a chance
>>
make two tumbly, one art only, one with regular reblogs and more social things on top of reblogging your own posts from your art only blog

the people who only want the art an nothing else get what they want, the people who want your reblogs and etc on top of your art posts only have to follow one blog, bingo bango bongo, everyone wins

(also put obvious links back n forth between them on the side bar so they know what's up)
>>
>>2714659
artist who did this:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=59487312
why do artist themselves not credit the artist? morons
>>
>>2715254
Credit's in the file name, retard.
>>
>>2714659
just have one blog, then use a tag like #art to separate your art from personal posts or reblogs, then put it in the sidebar as a link
>>
>>2714659
Please make two blogs, I really dislike when I'm following an artist and they use their main art blog as their reblog everything and social/talking blogs as well. If you have an alternative site where you post art only then its not as bad however, just make sure to link to it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.