[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever been a nude artist model? Or has anyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: art model.jpg (91KB, 591x363px) Image search: [Google]
art model.jpg
91KB, 591x363px
Has anyone here ever been a nude artist model? Or has anyone ever had to sketch out a live model for any classes? Did it help with your ability to draw the human form?
>>
>>2714580
>Has anyone here ever been a nude artist model?
No, though I modelled clothed once when a model didn't show up (we took turns).

>has anyone ever had to sketch out a live model for any classes? Did it help with your ability to draw the human form?
Yes I've gone lots and it's helped a lot. I recommend you study some anatomy and learn basic observational skills first at home before going to life drawing though or else you won't get that much out of it.
>>
>>2714582
I kind of want to try nude modeling but I have no prior experience to modeling in general. Should I start out doing regular clothed modeling first?
>>
File: giphy2.gif (157KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
giphy2.gif
157KB, 600x500px
>>2714601
p-post picks so we can g-give better a-a-advice
>>
>>2714580
>Or has anyone ever had to sketch out a live model for any classes? Did it help with your ability to draw the human form?
Yes. It's very hard to describe, but having the actual subject in front of you is extremely helpful.
>>
>>2714580
$2 figure drawing class tomorrow! 3hr session get hype!!
>>
>>2714652
or in others words
>post your work
>>
Yeah I've done nude modelling about a dozen times. Just shortpose/gesture focused sessions for animation students mostly. It's really difficult, your legs and arms will fall asleep frequently and staying still requires a surprising amount of focus. That being said, I definitely enjoy it. It's basically like meditating for a few hours so I always feel really good afterwards. Plus being a part of the creative process is quite cool.

I studied animation so I've done a lot of short pose life drawing sessions the last few years, wanted to see what modelling was like after I graduated. Definitely go to live figure drawing sessions, but do it consistently otherwise you won't improve. It's very difficult but it will humble you and help you grow.
>>
>>2714704
How do people even do 3 hour studies? I don't get it really.
>>
>>2714601
Clothed modelling is pretty rare, only a few maybe animation schools do it, and only sometimes. Most modelling gigs at art schools or community centers will be nude. So just get comfortable with the idea of being naked in front of an audience.
>>
I'd be a model but I'm out of shape and I have a less than impressive dick and I don't necessarily want that to be common knowledge.
>>
>>2716408
A 3 hour session doesn't necessarily mean a 3 hour pose. Anyways, 3 hour poses aren't that crazy either, some ateliers will do 20 hour poses broken up over several days. You basically just get a higher level of precision and rendering. Some people choose to paint.
>>
>>2716408
well if you've done a highly rendered charcoal drawing or oil painting you''d know that 3 hour+ studies are required. You are merely a pleb #notgonnamakeit
>>
>>2716461
I haven't yet, but I've seen art school students do it and I don't know why it takes so long, that's why I ask.
>>
>>2716464
then do it brah. You should ask a teacher if you can sit in for a lecture so that you can try it or some schools do like weekend figure drawing sessions for a couple of bucks.
>>
File: IMG_0069.jpg (3MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
3MB, 1936x2592px
Here's one of mine
>>
File: IMG_0070.jpg (3MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0070.jpg
3MB, 1936x2592px
I was much better at drawing dudes... hope that doesn't make me gay
>>
>>2716500
>>2716499
Resize these, crop them, rotate them correctly, don't have cast shadows over them, take the photos straight on, and use something better than a cellphone from 2000 to take a picture.
>>
I model nude at my local community college and university,
Its pretty neat. I do 20 second - 3 hour poses.
I heard a disney animator of some sort was an athlete and
said animator had a very intuitive sense of gesture because
they were so physical. I'm hoping modeling would help me in that regard.
Not just that though, I draw with the students whenever i'm not scheduled to
model so It is almost a win win situation for me, I'm paid minimum wage
as a model however.

Let me tell you, there is nothing like being in a room with a group of people
doing figure drawing, my focus is much higher compared to doing studies from
photographs
>>
>>2716550
How do you learn to communicate with people?
>>
>>2716555
I guess it depends on the crowd and timing, everyone thought I was a student because
I didn't model until 1 month into the semester, i had just gone in every day to get my fill.
Once I was up modeling I knew a couple of people by then and there really is no big deal about it.
Artists relate to other artists easily and being nude in front of someone isn't awkward unless
you make it so.
>>
>>2714704
Where do you live where they're $2? The closest one to me, 3 hours once a week, is over $130.
>>
>>2716570
You can hire a model on your own in your living room for 3 hours for that price. It's highway robbery that they charge that to attend one session.
>>
>>2716572
That's too much social interaction for me, I don't know anon.
>>
>>2716574
Pose nude in front of a mirror then
>>
>>2714580
Yes. I'm actually taking one right now. It's a lot of fun but very tiring some days. Not only for us but for the model too.

We do 30 second gestures, then work our way up to 1 minute, then 3, then 5, then finally 10. After that hour in a half we do a long hour long pose or 2-3 20 minute ones. It is helping a lot with outside work and I've noticed the way I start a drawing has even changed.

Everyone is class seems to be improving, except a hand full who insist on not looking at the model. Instead they draw from memory or just keep drawing animu.
>>
>>2716585
How do you "see" though?
>>
>>2716586
I'm not 100% sure what you mean.
>>
>>2716586
How do I not draw from memory and actually look at the model? How do I know what to look at?
>>
>>2716586
With your "eyes".
>>
>>2716589
>>2716588
>>
>>2716589
The way I start off is drawing a circle, that's just a round-about place to put the head. Then I draw the neck(whether I have a clear view of it or not) draw circles where the shoulders will be. After I have that out the way, I continuously look at the model.
I go backwards and forewords, taking quick looks at the model, then drawing. You wouldn't want to draw an entire area of the body or a whole limb without peeking at the model a few times.
Also. A lot of people want to work on one part at a time. Like, drawing the upper torso and slowly making their way down, one piece at a time. But you get proportions more accurate when you draw up and down the body and don't stay in one area too long.

What I was saying about people drawing from memory is that they will look at a body part and say, "I already have general knowledge on how to draw this." And it doesn't fit or it's not what they actually see.
>>
>>2716610
Staying in one spot too long makes some people start drawing from memory and making stuff up.
>>
>>2716585
teaching yourself to draw from memory doesn't give off fast results, but is better on the long run. If you train good, that is, see kjg
>>
>>2716585
>go to figure drawing class
>draw animu

Are people that retarded?
>>
I have considered modeling but I'm afraid my peepee will get hard randomly.
>>
>>2717101
Unless you get off to people watching or staring you, I doubt it. Most people who model are too busy worrying about the pain of standing in one spot for too long, afraid they'll fart spontaneously, or feel anxious their body isn't good enough.

Or maybe you get weird boners. Like you stop at a red light and get a stiffy. Then maybe you should be worried.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.