[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Manga studio 5?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (147KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147KB, 1440x900px
What do you guys think of manga studio 5?
>>
>>2714028
It's pretty solid, like SAI on steroids.

But the extra things are only useful if you are publishing a weekly manga. Stick with SAI.

Also there's Clip Studio paint, which is what cool KIDZ use these days.
>>
>>2714028
it's shit.
>>
>>2714028
I really like it, it's the only program I use when I draw digitally.
>>
>>2714028
It's cool, but it's not Krita.
>>
>>2714031
Not sure if you knew but Manga Studio and Clip Studio Paint are the same thing. Manga Studio was the product name in American markets. They decided to drop the different names this year so now it's just Clip Studio Paint.
>>
>>2714055
Literally the same thing. I own both versions.
>>
I like it much better than Sai desu.
The vector adjusting is much nicer, and it just generally has more available.
>>
Been using it for a while (well, Clip Studio Paint, same thing), it's my favourite art programme I've used.

It's pretty inexpensive too.
90% of people won't need the EX version.
>>
>>2714028
Best program for inking I've ever tried!
>>
>>2714052
way better than that pos thats for sure
>>
>>2714028
imo it's the best drawing software available
>>
i use photoshop, am i missing something? tell me cons and profs in specific areas por favor!
>>
I found the 3d mannequin feature to have potential to be useful, if it weren't for it's horrible optimization, running at like 3fps and unuseable.

Other than that the software is great.
>>
>>2714028
By far the best drawing software and the best "inking" software unless you're an adobe illustrator pro.
Second best for replicating traditional media after painter. Second best for working at stupid sizes without lag, after SAI. It's the best product on the market for the prize.

ZBrush+Clip Studio Paint+After Effects = Master race.
>>
>>2714170
You give up layer styles and a couple filters for the ability to actually draw correctly without installing lazy nezumi and still still having to redraw the same like a million times cause it keeps coming out wonky, never having the software crash on you again mid-painting, not having to overclock your compute to draw anything anywhere close to print size, and being free from the scalphunt that is monthly fees.

Clip Studio Paint makes you remember Photoshop is not a drawing/painting software.
>>
>>2714193
>Clip Studio Paint makes you remember Photoshop is not a drawing/painting software.
this.
>>
File: 1468278791206.jpg (13KB, 123x134px) Image search: [Google]
1468278791206.jpg
13KB, 123x134px
>>2714028
It's fantastic. It's fast, doesn't require much ram like Photoshop does and it has a versatile set of brushes. Sadly it doesn't have the features that I always use in Photoshop, like liquify and adjustment layers. It's great for line art though.
>>
>>2714028
Hey lads, not OP, but how the fuck can you install/make custom brushes like in photoshop?

I've been trying to install custom textures and materials, but it's complicated.
>>
>>2714193
good point, will give it a try 4 sure
>>
>>2714028
Its like the child of SAI and Photoshop, SAI is more workflow oriented, but lacks additional features, while Photoshop got nearly everything, which kinda can be distractive and complicated. The reason why i chose it from those three was rather simple, they have it discounted quite often and you can get it for like 17$, which is noticeable cheaper then the other two.
>>
>>2714028
Lags like hell for me just with basic brushes. Which suggests it's poorly programmed.
>>
It has cool extra features, but the "airbrushes" suck

i went straight back to sai only for this reason
>>
>>2714236
Just drag and drop that shit in the brush tab, its not rocket science.
>>
>>2714180
>I found the 3d mannequin feature to have potential to be useful, if it weren't for it's horrible optimization, running at like 3fps and unuseable.

How do you other anons get the 3d mannequin to not chug at the pace of molasses? By any chance is it related to the canvas size/resolution?
>>
I've used both it and photoshop. Photoshop has a few better options for adding some bells and whistles in post, but I find manga studio a better digital art tool for the main workflow.
>>
>>2714311
You have a shitty Walmart computer. Don't lie to yourself.
>>
>>2714541
Are you sure your computer covers the system requiremets for the software.
I mean, they're very light, but we've seen utists try to run shit in '94 refurbished cases with ubuntu before.
>>
>>2714568
I dont have a high end PC, and the mannequin feature is somewhat useable, but it is a gaming PC that plays most modern games silky smooth on medium+ settings. Going from a video game that runs fine, then seeing a basic mannequin being a choppy (comparatively) feels pretty frustrating. It's almost like Clip Studio doesn't use GPU acceleration at all.
>>
>>2714028
i love it. use it for almost everything after the sketching section.
>>
>>2714606
I can't run Witcher 3 of DS3 above medium specs but the mannequin runs like nothing even when dealing with multiple mannequins on an A4 comic sheet.

Maybe you fugged something up.
>>
the perspective tool is pretty neat
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.