[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ipad pro, yes or no?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: ipad pro.jpg (59KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
ipad pro.jpg
59KB, 800x536px
Ipad pro, yes or no?
>>
Never tried it but I don't have much confidence in it. You'd be better of with an actual drawing tablet.
>>
Better actual drawing mechanics than anything else, including Wacom, but lol ios, so take it as you will

also, ipad pro 2 is due "soon"
>>
unrelated
I just got an Android Tablet, what's the best free app for drawing on Android?
>>
>>2713849
"Listen to my advice based on no experience"
You are the personification of /ic
>>
I have one and would recommend it.
But not as a solo-workstation, more like a
travel and on the go companion. Procreate is
pretty solid and the pen is a lot better than
wacoms imo. Overall worth the money, but I wouldn't rely on it as my only art tool.

It's pretty sweet for lineart tho. After that you can paint it in Photoshop, that's my workflow right now.
>>
>>2713853
>>2713873
so tldr- best digital drawing tool atm, but with the big minus of no way to use it in photoshop (krita, sai etc)?
>>
Ok, well then:
9.7" or 12.9" model
???
>>
>>2713875
I *think* you can use it as a cintiq if you have a mac desktop

>>2713881
Different specs, see those
iirc the 9" is only 2gb ram, not sure though

and there's supposed to be an ipad pro 2 release probably Q1 2017, I'd wait
>>
the surface of the ipad pro is that kinda nasty sticky feelin glass, tho you can get a matte anti-glare screen protector (i use tech armor) that gives you that nicer, less smudgy cintiq feel, tho it does come with the tradeoff of a less sharp screen (same deal with the cintiq)

>>2713895
>I *think* you can use it as a cintiq if you have a mac desktop

astropad (the app you're talking about) introduces a lag to strokes that i can't personally deal with (tho i don't own a mac anyways, was visiting a friend who had this setup). plus that app is so very dang expensive.
>>
too expensive to do something i can do on a much cheaper wacom tablet
>>
>>2713865
Well pardon me for not trusting apple products
>>
and surface pro 4?
>>
>>2713881
I have the 9.7". Get it if you want a digital sketchbook of sorts. If you're leaving it at your desk, go for the 12.9. 9.7 is a bit too uncomfortable to use with Photoshop thanks to the UI.
With the 9.7 you get:
Lower clocked CPU, 2 GB RAM
DCI-P3 color space, "True Tone" display that adjusts color temperature based on environment
Better camera
Ultimately none of these things are very important for an artist. 2GB of RAM might not be enough if you want to work at A3+ sizes at 300ppi and have like 100 layers, but it won't slow you down and I've personally never felt a need for more.

The 12.9 has a higher resolution screen and 3GB of RAM. It's a better size if you're not going to be moving around with and only use it for art, but I found the 9.7 to be more convenient, especially when you don't have a surface to put it on.

As far as Astropad goes, I'm using it in a hackintosh with pretty solid specs (4690k, gtx 980, 16gb ram) and it runs completely lag-free through usb. There's noticeable lag through wifi with my shitty router, but it's still manageable. The screen redraw time makes it unusable for anything other than static images, and the fact that it only mirrors your screen rather than act as a second display is annoying, thanks to the 4:3 aspect ratio. You can set a few shortcuts in the app but not enough that I would consider it a good experience without having your keyboard close.
>>
I have the 12.9. I had my doubts prior to the purchase but it's simply one of the best devices I've ever bought. It really depends on your needs, but if you can handle the limitations of IOS, it's an unparalleled drawing and painting experience. It just makes drawing so much fun, the pencil is unbelievable. I pretty much only use Procreate and it's enough for my hobbyist-level needs. Downloading high resolution PDF art books and reading them with iBooks is another highlight, as well as side-by-side view of reference images and simultaneous drawing in Procreate. You really need an anti glare-screen protector for the surface to feel alright.

The main drawbacks is that the big screen certainly feels less portable than smaller pads, and there isn't exactly a plethora of apps that make good use of the screen estate and performance (which is 4 gigs of ram, not 3 like the other poster said).
>>
File: sketch-pad.jpg (29KB, 253x280px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-pad.jpg
29KB, 253x280px
>>2713843
Traditional
>>
>>2713843

No. It's a retarded meme product.
>>
I went ahead and took the plunge and I've got to say, the pencil and procreate is the most fluid/natural mechanical approach to digital drawing that I've tried imo.

My only gripe with it is that the 12.9 inch one is that it charges excruciatingly slow unless you buy the seperate 29w usbc chrager for it and the adapter cable (about 80 usd total).
>>
>>2713843
I tried one at a store and I didn't dig the delay in the strokes, felt syrup'ish. Could be just weak specs, I dunno...
>>
Get a fucking cintiq
>>
>>2713881
Smaller for portability. But I kind of wish I got the bigger one to split screen better, if using a reference.
>>
Ok then,
What other options are there for portable drawing tablets like the Ipad pro? Are they comparable in price?
>>
>>2713864
Autodesk Sketchbook. Paid version is $5 but entirely worth it.
>>
>>2714122
which one?
>>
>>2714414

Surfside pro is more viable professional option but gets really expensive if you want the performance to boot. Pen is worse as well
>>
>>2714036
this
>>
>>2715429
>Surfside pro
Dude! That sounds like... totally tubular!
>>
iPad Pro more like iPad No!!!! lolz
>>
>>2713865
lol
>>
>>2715429
I have the surface pro 2. It runs photoshop brilliantly hell it runs maya pretty well, but the pen has no pressure sensitivity so i end up using my intuous amd it o ly has one usb port so i cant use my keyboard at the same time.
>>
Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition.

>Wacom digitizer with 2048 pressure levels
>2560x1600 res
>3 gb ram
>split screen function for reference
>infinite painter is really great for a digital sketchbook

Costs like 400 bucks and its really fantastic as a digital sketchbook. I can start color studies or thumbnails and export them to psd to finish up on my main rig in a flash. Highly recommend.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.