[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice you would give to your noob self

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Ghost Shark.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Shark.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>Buy a fucking tablet, you pleb.
>Stop focusing on rendering, you are just polishing turds. Study proper anatomy.
>Stop drawing animu shit. You can pick that up once you learn anatomy.
>Don't be afraid to work on a 7000x7000 canvas and zoom in to 600%
>Use vector tools for Digital inking.
>Read and Reread Michael Hampton's and Vilppu drawing Manual.
>Skeleton is for gesture.
>Muscles are for construction.
>Sketch with a wide brush and the eraser tool, don't bother with details.
>Buy Windsor & Newton cotman watercolors, they may be expensive, but they're better than those chink pieces of crap.
>>
the winning lotto numbers
>>
Kill yourself now. It doesn't get any better
>>
>>2711059

Advice I would give to your current self:
>Reread Michael Hampton's and Vilppu drawing Manual.
>>
>>2711059
You should come back in a few years when you are actually good at this shit. Your ego is bigger than your skills and all of that advice is dumb.
>>
Draw for longer periods fagget
>>
>>2711059
Stop whining and draw.
>>
don't be afraid to post work because it's better than 99.31% of /ic/
>>
>Just drop out of school and focus on your art instead, you'll still fuck up despite worrying 24/7
>>
>>2711128
Post your work.
>>
>>2711128
Now you have to post it. Let's see it, hotshot.
>>
>>2711105
i thought this was some pretty solid advice. why do you say it's dumb?
>>2711114
this.
>>
if you want to make great art, your art must have purpose
>>
Smh lad you're going to be an artist baka 2bh, but you need direction because you still haven't decided your destiny. Look up Feng Zhu and start listening to level up when the series starts. You can be an artist without starving and you never end up starving. That grill you're interested in will just waste your time kek, ditch her and attack art from all sides, be relentless until you can do it. Believe in yourself, if you believe in yourself, no one else needs to. You're a bit of a rendering machine, learn basic forms and drill them each day then properly learn values. Things aren't as easy as you think they are, especially art, it's a mental struggle and you need to put in thousands of hours to get good, but you can do it. Your friends aren't real friends, they all wind up getting swallowed by drugs so stop being around them, they're trouble, never do drugs, ever. Your true friends are the people that have the same interest as you. You go about one week friendless then you make lots of amazing and talented artist friends, but you need to reach out first. Oh and it's okay to not like going out, this is normal for artists.
>>
Draw from imagination - yes of course it looks worse you fucking faggot, it's because you never do it. What are you retarded? Fuck you. Fucking kill yourself, you piece of shit.

Oh and stop browsing /ic/.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 243x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 243x247px
>>2711105 (you)
>Buy tablet
>Don't buy cheap shit
>Read vilppu and hampton
>Don't draw anime
>Dumb advice
>>
>>2711162
yes
>>
>>2711151
If you want to debate why op sucks in this failure of a thread, feel free to stay.
>>
>>2711178
>Not answering a simple question

Summer never ends on /ic/.
>>
Draw from your heart ^_^
>>
>>2711059
Fuck other people, you won't be seeing them anyways nor do they matter too much. Just draw even if the weirdos are the only ones doing it. It's worth it. You'll have made it and won't live a life of suffering because you aren't good at anything.

Although, I have to admit, it would be pretty farfetched even for noob me to find all the resources without /ic/.
>>
>>2711059
everyone had their own method. take what clicks for you and toss the rest.
>>
>>2711162
>Don't draw anime
>implying there's anything wrong with occasionally drawing some weebshit
Get a load of Mr.Realism here
>>
>>2711059
>Don't be afraid to work on a 7000x7000 canvas and zoom in to 600%
>Use vector tools for Digital inking.
full retard 2bh
>>
>>2712588
Never gonna make it
>>
>>2712952
t. Deviantart-tier autism.
>>
>work zoomed out most of the time with a big brush when painting
>in case of doubt, simplify
>drawing from life/reference and drawing from imagination are separate skill sets, practice both
>two main approaches to life drawing - the visual atelier approach and the analytical Vilppu construction approach, study both
>you'll eventually learn that there is no conflict and all methods have overlap and reinforce each other
>use the pomodoro method to get your ADD ass in gear
>draw a lot, mileage is king
>>
>>2711059
obvious noob

stop giving advice you damn poser. I bet you even give crits in here. You are the hazard of /ic/. You can't be older than 16.
>>
File: untitled.png (2MB, 1705x1545px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
2MB, 1705x1545px
>>2713000
>>2711096
>Not getting the muscles/construction over the skeleton/gesture drawing.

Do you even open the books you pirate?

N.G.M.I
>>
>>2711059
Actually sit down and draw, stop goofing off.
>>
>>2713019
have you been trying the pomodoro technique now ? How is it ?
>>
>>2713056
hnng muh dick!
>>
>>2713016
t. no fun allowed "look at me do I fit in yet" retard
>>
>>2713119

Get out weeb scum.
>>2710853
>>
>>2713143
fuck off retard
>>
>>2711059
Don't stop
>>
stop drawing only dogs. and learn how to practice the right way
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.