[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20151210_110141584_HDR.jpg (878KB, 1268x2254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_110141584_HDR.jpg
878KB, 1268x2254px
I did this at 16, so it was about 4 years ago. No, I don't have anything more recent at the moment. Critique?
>>
Cool shit. U probably suck now, if u don't practice. But, keep showing this to people... I'm sure it will make u feel good about u! Stay classy fambalamb.
>>
>>2710663

Pretty much. It's pointless to crit something that old
>>
>>2710657
you're 4 years too late anon
>>
>>2710657
Lol, I have The Hobbit Playing in my PS right now.
>>
>>2710657
Pure photorealism may make you and normies happy, but if you want to break into the art industry that won't get you through. It's good for a sixteen-year-old, but whether your imagination, construction and conceptual thinking kept up with that copying skill is the real issue.
>>
>>2710692

I'm definitely working on that.
>>
>>2710657
How long did it take you to do?

and then ask yourself; was it worth it? what did I learn doing it?
>>
>>2710663
Oh, I have more drawings that are very recent, just not on my phone. So I've definitely been keeping it up. Thank you very much, though.
>>
>>2710748
It took me a good six months off and on. I didn't work on it every day, but I probably spent at least two hours on the days I did because I was experimenting with techniques. It taught me a lot of the skills that I use in my more recent drawings. I guess that's why I'm so proud of it; I see the hard work that I put into it and it shows a progression from where I was to where I am now. Of course, the flaws are there, but it's easier for me to look past because of what it means to me.
>>
>>2710689
Unfortunately. Didn't know about 4chan back in the day.
>>
>>2710670
Not necessarily. I still find that some mistakes carry over into more recent artwork and sometimes having it pointed out can make you realize that it's something that you need to work on.
>>
File: Ohlawdz.jpg (109KB, 692x1154px) Image search: [Google]
Ohlawdz.jpg
109KB, 692x1154px
>>2710657
lol
>>
File: Favorite.jpg (43KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
Favorite.jpg
43KB, 600x512px
>>2710657
Yeah, this is why you don't just rely on copying what you see.
>>
File: 1466231756746.png (16KB, 331x286px) Image search: [Google]
1466231756746.png
16KB, 331x286px
>>2710657
This is amazing Anon, keep at it and you'll be incredible!
>>
>>2711565
C..can i save your p..pp..pic bro?
>>
>>2711565
Fuck off. This is what she did one and two years ago:
>>2710778
>>2710789
>>
>>2710778
>giant signature
>copyright symbol
>>
>>2710657
doubt that's yours because it's 4chan
>>
>>2710753
6 months to do a single piece is kind of insane you realize that right? I mean this is very incredible as a human achievement but it's just not a productive use of time as far as ONE PIECE! you could be learning other stuff or practicing how to draw quicker so that you can make stuff like this from memory or what have you.
>>
>>2710753

Unless your objective is to regularly do 6 month drawings that piece isn't indicative of your skill level, then. It's well done, but looking at these (assuming they're you - they're on the same DA account as your OP image)
>>2710778
>>2710789

You can see a very obvious difference. The OP was an exercise in very, very patient copying. And I admire the patience, but it terribly inefficient as a learning exercise. It's a little misleading to post something like that and say you have nothing more recent when you do - they're just not very good, because you didn't spend 6 months on them.

There's an analogy regularly passed around about the pottery class where half the students were asked to make the best pot they could, and the other students were asked to make as many pots as possible. Ultimately the students who did a lot of pots learned a lot more from trying, failing, fixing their failures, and trying again than the people who spent a long time on the one pot. I think you should take a cue from this and start doing a lot more shorter-term exercises. Not rush it, per-say, because patience is an asset in art and if you have it use it, but do exercises in things like construction and drawing from imagination.
>>
>>2710657
This could be really good if you fixed the values. Like take a really light wash of black ink or something to darken some large areas or just take a dark ass pencil and do the same. Right now this is a classic case of putting rendering ahead of shape construction
>>
>>2710657
It's some pretty good observational drawing, but that's all it is. Observational Drawing.

Nothing wrong with that, yet you could never do it from pure imagination.
>>
>>2710657
>Havent been drawing in 4 years
Lmao gtfo shitter or git good read a sticky
>>
>>2710657
>Thinking being a human photocopier is in any way consider drawing
>>
>>2711874
get out of /ic/
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.