[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any art communities / boards online like ic but less toxic?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: enhanced-18229-1427318470-5.png (807KB, 625x463px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-18229-1427318470-5.png
807KB, 625x463px
Are there any art communities / boards online like ic but less toxic?
>>
>>2710549
Smaller, more niche Facebook groups. Basically anywhere where peoples real identity are attached to their posts.

>inb4 brutally honest anonymous critique
Face it - anonymous posting is why /ic/ sucks. Anonyminity has less pro's than con's when it comes to critique. People should be accountable for their remarks, and - believe it or not - you can actually be brutally honest without being a dick
>>
>>2710553
the safety people get from anonymity is what let me git gud, anon. i was bad for so many years and had no idea. ic tore open my asshole but it made me see the light. i'm truly thankful for it.
>>
>>2710564
Same here! I didn't realize how many things were wrong with my drawings because no one pointed these things out. It was just asspats all around. This was around 2006, and the asspat culture has only gotten worse. The toxic nature of /ic/ is why I'm here in the first place. "What the fuck is wrong with those legs?" is a hundred times more useful than "Love the way you colored this!"
>>
>>2710564
>>2710570
>tfw post work for rough crits but either get ignored or only get 1 or 2 quick responses
Atleast te quick responses are helpful though.
>>
>>2710549
This is a pretty important question in case /ic/ closes down.
>>
>like ic
>but less toxic
lel so what are you even looking for, just gossip without the name-calling?

I am 90% sure that a good percentage, if not more, of people actively posting on /ic/ don't even draw.
It's just /fit/ for pretty pictures.
>>
I have the same apprehensions about the toxicity of /ic/, but we have started a group on Discord that has an interesting community so far, work on a weekly themes level system (this month is dedicated to inktober, however) and strongly encourage critique.

If you care to try it, here's the invite: https://discord.gg/tMScg
>>
>>2710549
literally DED and LAS
>>
File: 1336339044894.png (15KB, 674x433px) Image search: [Google]
1336339044894.png
15KB, 674x433px
Being anonymous is the only reason I post most of my work at all. Otherwise I'd only post my best work but this way I'm able to post anything without it damaging my online persona and that motivates me to draw more. Whenever I enter a community where my real life identity is attached, I stop posting after a few weeks because I don't like people judging me over my bad drawings. I have this habit of doing a couple of shit pieces and then hammering out a good one. Whenever I post something good it's like people expect my work to be at least this good from this point forward and it paralyzes me.
>>
We had an /ic/ alternative a few years ago. Started off great and for at least a few weeks it seemed like everything we wanted it to be but the community shrank quickly and in the end the board got flooded with CP. rip
>>
>>2710564
>anonymity is what let me git gud

if ur so gud then post work?
>>
>>2710549
>toxic
lool
>>
>>2710808
>non toxic
>community
Las and DED are neither
>>
>>2710549
Other places are toxic because they are retarded. /ic/ is the most conducive place for learning in the internet, we don't fuck around flattering you with bullshit.

You just need to stretch your boipucci first.
>>
>>2710895
....ok, anonymity is what let me find the road to gitting gud lol. i'm not good yet. but i'm trying, i'm trying everyday, and i'm so much harder on myself then i would be without /ic/
>>
>>2710549
Man, facebook,DeviantART, and Tumblr are really solid! When I post there nobody tells me I'm shit! They think I'm GREAT! You were wrong /ic/! I don't need to improve, YOU need to be less toxic!

This is you. This is how you sound. Find your nearest dumpster and jump inside. Its where you belong
>>
>>2710549

The /ic/ discord groups.
>>
>>2711063
>I don't need to improve

An artist should NEVER had that mentality. Even the best of the best are still learning and improving in some way.

I mean sure most of the responses that come from this board are from people who think an artist is scrub tier because they aren't on the skill level of Bouguereau but don't fool yourself. There's always room for improvement
>>
File: 1455284290024.png (24KB, 602x204px) Image search: [Google]
1455284290024.png
24KB, 602x204px
>>2711063
>>
>>2711267
That's the joke, you fucking retard. Hang yourself.
>more loomis
>>
File: 1444553672628.jpg (23KB, 437x785px) Image search: [Google]
1444553672628.jpg
23KB, 437x785px
>it's this thread again
>>
>>2710553
>inb4 hugbox meme
>>
>>2710549
>toxic
tumblr
>>
I'm also looking for places like ic in that it isn't a hugbox. But less obsessed on gossip such as tearing popular artists down and being overly aggressive in general.
>>
File: im thirsty gimme tears.jpg (83KB, 816x624px) Image search: [Google]
im thirsty gimme tears.jpg
83KB, 816x624px
>>2710549
>>
If any other artist feels like joining the Discord group I mentioned earlier, let me know.
>>
>>2712104
moshi moshi
>>
level up on facebook is decent
>>
>>2710553
>a bunch of asspulls combined with a lack of knowledge
Go crit peoples artwork on tumblr and reddit for a week or two, then come back. People will attack you for doing "uninvited criticism"
>>
>>2712104
IS the joke of this image that it's terrible?
>>
File: 1444239050666.png (77KB, 639x817px) Image search: [Google]
1444239050666.png
77KB, 639x817px
>>2710553
Not the first time I've seen this (totally incorrect) line of thinking/. Not the last time I will have to post pic related either.

Cry more babby. maybe you'll fuck off back to facebook when being able to say "faggot" stops seeming novel.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.