[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ic/ appreciation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Download.jpg (13KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
13KB, 242x208px
I see a constant wave of people nagging about how shit /ic/ would be, but why don't we take the time and talk about the good things /ic/ has given us.
>>
>>2710063
>why don't we take the time and talk about the good things /ic/ has given us.

Because bitter Anons will go on a witch hunt in an attempt to besmirch you and drive you out, we had someone magnificent that used to give redlines and pieces of knowledge but he was driven out because of bruised egos and stop liking what I don't like.
>>
When lookin past the elitist's, I really have to thank some of the golden anons for the advice that they give.
>>
>>2710063
/ic/'s give us the most ebin of memes
>>
>>2710076
This. I always like some good, constructive criticism. It's the only reason I come here. If I wanted my ass licked, I would go to Deviantart.
>>
>>2710063
>good things /ic/ has given us.
The criticism on here sucks 90% of the time though, its mostly beginners repeating things from the stick without actually knowing what they're talking about. The anon nature of the board means everyone wants to put in their two cents weather they know what they're on about or not, the "post work" meme exists for a reason.
>>
>>2710097
I think the anonymous nature of it makes it better actually. By not knowing who is giving the critique you need to then judge the merit of what is being said on what the content is, not who said it. Good artists can give bad advice, and bad artists can give good advice, so if you are prejudiced towards the advice of good artists you can be misled. Also not all comments need to be coming from a precise master, it can be nice to just have feedback. "The arm looks weird" is useful to know, you don't necessarily need the person to start listing the specific muscles that are wrong, and actually you may learn more by trying to solve it on your own instead of being spoonfed.
>>
>>
>>2710063
refs and pdf to study
>>
>>2710063
I used to come here looking for crits and advice. now I just come for the refs. most of the advice here is poison.
>>
>>2710172
this, thanks /ic/ for the refs and the books
fuck you retards otherwise
>>
>>2710097
anon is better than nametag, fact.
>>
I used to come here to post my drawings. That boosted my ego a lot, because I got a lot of compliments. That was two years ago, I had just started drawing. But then I realized I had to improve, started going through dozens of pdfs, studying everyday. Now I can say that I draw pretty well, but I never get a single compliment here. Not a single one, and when I posted my shit two years ago everyone said it was great.

Now I come here for inspiration, refs, pdfs, and I still hope someday you faggots will compliment me again
>>
>>2710063
/Ic/ made me realize I suck badly while I was arrogant without even being aware of it. I was "muh styling" so much I came here for praise and got humbled down. Only then I could actually see what an opportunity this board is to find improvement materials and opinions on what I'm learning. Now I'm starting from scratch to develop some actual skills.

Tldr: needed /ic/ to tell me I'm shit and it did.
>>
File: 1475273912371.png (85KB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1475273912371.png
85KB, 388x218px
>>2710063

>solid sticky
>constant resources and tutorials
>reference threads
>challenges
>inspiration/motivation threads
>for every bad/discouraging critic there's also a good one
>good advice on specific topics

really, other than the discouraging and bad critic, no tolerance for certain aesthetics, trolling and slow activity, I like this board a lot
>>
>>2710101
>I think the anonymous nature of it makes it better actually. By not knowing who is giving the critique you need to then judge the merit of what is being said on what the content is, not who said it.

people who judge critiques based off an artist's technical skill only hurt themselves

>"The arm looks weird" is useful to know, you don't necessarily need the person to start listing the specific muscles that are wrong, and actually you may learn more by trying to solve it on your own instead of being spoonfed.

"arm looks weird" is a terrible critique because it's too vague. yes, don't "spoonfeed" them by just fixing it/telling them how to fix it without explanation but please- at the very least- give people some slight direction as to why a thing looks off. it clashes with the style, the muscles are incorrect, the proportions are inconsistent, just a handful of extra words to explain how and/or why you don't like a part (or the entirety) of their piece
>>
>>2710283
op is the cancer that I hate in /ic/
makes a topic just to complain about /ic/
hes the same type of person and complains about others helping or critiquing
>>
i already made another thread about why i love /ic/ its the ultimate place to train!
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 309x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 309x305px
Anons don't pull their punches here. I like how hard it is to impress anyone, it shouldn't be so easy like it is elsewhere. And the resources are good.
>>
File: 2582.png (307KB, 667x572px) Image search: [Google]
2582.png
307KB, 667x572px
>>2710063
Fuck you OP, don't post thumbnails you stupid faggot.
>>
>>2710529
this desu. working up the courage to post my shit now. gotta prepare myself to deal with getting shit on because people irl only suck your dick if you're only a little bit good at art and they wont tell you if something's not good
>>
>>2710536
Irl normies suck your dick if you've flipped through a single loomis book
>>
>>2710063
Thanks for giving me all those free resources and teaching me discipline as well as building habits, /ic/. Before /ic/ I would have never drawn everyday, but now I feel like I can make it.
>>
>>2710708
>but now I feel like I can make it.
I actually feel the opposite, the better I get, the more I see how much more I have to learn

but I suppose is better to leave in fear than ignorance
>>
I think /ic/ is great when there are threads that challenge you to draw something or study threads, collabs etc. Sadly, they are getting more and more infrequent lately and have much less participation than they used to have.
>>
>>2710097
I got some great advice here recently, really helped my picture come along and gave me something to think about. I think the hardest part is catching the attention of good artists
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.