[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question How did old retards like Leonardo and Michaelangelo

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

Question
How did old retards like Leonardo and Michaelangelo get so good when they didn't have access to the internet like we do? Well I'm waiting
pic unrelated it's just to attract horny fuckwits that also happen to give good opinions
hehehe HALLOWEEN
>>
>>2706924
Not your personal blog.
>>
>>2706925
!?!?!
>>
They got gud precisely because they had no internet
95% of the internet's influence on artists is procrastination, hugbox mentality in art communities and abundance of other people's art and photos to use as "reference"
Instead, they painted from life, by hiring models or going out. If they wanted tips and other useful insight you might sometimes find on the internet nowadays, they could just go meet other artists in person.

Internet is merely a convenience, and most "artists" use it wrong anyway
>>
File: 1466572114038.jpg (2MB, 3000x2506px) Image search: [Google]
1466572114038.jpg
2MB, 3000x2506px
>>2706924
Go and read a wiki page fag.
>>
>>2706924
They used fundamentals.
pic related is an example of how a drawing is improved after using them.
>>
Is that the nigger lady from that proud family show holy shit
>>
They say never meet your idols kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_obscura
>>
>>2706924
Leonardo and Michelangelo didn't invent painting (Ol' Micky didn't even like it).

They drew from life. Cadavers, sculptures in particular. I mean half your retarded DeviantArt audience of today has the internet and they're not any good.

Most of the Old Masters studied under other painters under a loose apprenticeship system that was used for all trades, and supplemented their knowledge with life drawings and the sciences of the time.
>>
>>2706986
lol nah they became extremely sharp eyed and copied models
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.