[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

traditional thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Hustle_and_Bustle_559_full.jpg (89KB, 545x550px) Image search: [Google]
Hustle_and_Bustle_559_full.jpg
89KB, 545x550px
Working hard edition
Post your traditional works.
>>
Finished this today.
>>
File: spaceman.jpg (751KB, 938x1200px) Image search: [Google]
spaceman.jpg
751KB, 938x1200px
>>2706260

>finished

nigga
>>
does a plein air still count as a plein air if you do a bit of the painting indoors for things like color blocking and such?
>>
>>2706448
Why would you bring it indoors like that? And what does it even matter if there's a term you choose to apply or not apply to it? Just focus on trying to make the best painting you can.
>>
>>2706466
cause i basically sleep 9-5 during the DAY. its already dark by the time i get up and ready to paint so i have limited window of time in the morning. im only using gouache with a very crude set up. im talking about things like color blocking the sky in and i had a color left over from my last painting that i used on this one.
>>
>>2706472
>cause i basically sleep 9-5 during the DAY
fucking what is your sleep schedule dude...
>>
>>2706412
Space natives... the worst
>>
>>2706448
>does it still count if...

You're worrying about this too much. It's like cars, some are SUVs, some are Sedans, but then in between you have hatchbacks, crossovers etc of all kinds. Unless this is for a school assignment, in which case, do whatever you want and lie about it. That will get you ahead in art school.

Seriously, if you're in art school, just do whatever you want and lie. You'll get better grades for it.
>>
>>2706241

That wheelbarrow wouldn't fit because of the depth you set up on the bottom
>>
File: space indian.jpg (151KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
space indian.jpg
151KB, 540x675px
>>2706490
>>
File: 20161006_224710.jpg (231KB, 1315x425px) Image search: [Google]
20161006_224710.jpg
231KB, 1315x425px
Just studies, extremes are acrylic, middle one is oils, it needs some more work too
>>
>>2706574
>is that... a silencer?
>on a bow?
>IN SPACE?
>>
>>2706587
Nice studies. Varied. Here's my thoughts. Don't care for the touch on the Beatrice, looks too jazzy. The sky of your tree study is too blue (to not have the blue atmosphere coloring the trees as well). I'd like to see a better picture of the fish.
>>
>>2706603

no it's a stablizer
>>
>>2706603
well, bow in space makes sense by the way

and that's not a silencer
>>
>>2706862
>bow in space makes sense by the way
No it doesn't. You need a solid ground/footing to be able to draw the bow properly without floating in a weird way, and the arrow won't fly straight without air to pass through the fletching.
>>
>>2706866

I think it would work just fine. When the day comes that we can successfully test shoot bows in a gravity-free vacuum you can get back to us.
>>
>>2706866
> You need a solid ground/footing to be able to draw the bow properly without floating in a weird way
you need a solid grounding to aim, but that is not a problem if you fix yourself on something, like a spaceship
>and the arrow won't fly straight without air to pass through the fletching.
you don't need a fletch in the first place if you are shooting in space. The fletch is to give the arrow more friction surface with the air which helps with maintaining direction for longer, but there is no air in space. Furthermore, the arrow won't lose it's initial direction since there is no Earth to pull it.

>>2706859
>it's a stablizer
still worthless, I assume a stabilizer works by adding weight to the bow, a weight which is easier to control because of it's shape going away from it's body (right?). But since you are in space, there is no weight to control.
>>
>>2706829

Thanks, I really wish I had more time to work with traditional media.

Btw I also thought it was weird that the trees were not affected by the sky but in the original it still looks nice... i think
>>
>>2706888

it's for managing torque when releasing the bowstring my dude
>>
>>2706921
Thanks for posting the fish pic. But why paint it in acrylics? Then you can only reproduce shape and flat color... with oils you can work on the translucency, layering, stroke
>>
Hey Pham, what do you use to overpaint older paintings?
>>
>>2707982
If it's not glossy it's fine. I read that rubbing onion or garlic on it helps with adhesion, and it's something I do although I'm not sure how much it helps. After that, some oiling out before painting.

If you're really worried, do some sanding after doing some tape test to see if the paint is adhered well in the first place. There's no point in trying to get your paint to stick well but the paint layers underneath are already weak or brittle. Thick clay-like paint, especially over a large area, over dried paint is liable to not stick well. Do not sand toxic paint layers. If you sand, use the damp sanding technique. Sanding is to get rid of the top layer of linseed that has formed a film on top of the layer as well as adding some tooth.
>>
File: 1469819758953.jpg (227KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1469819758953.jpg
227KB, 2048x1365px
>>2708013
Thanks for the help anon, I appreciate it!
>>
>>2706412
>>2706574
Great job.

>>2706587
Excellent.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.