[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I attempt to draw from imagination, I almost always

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 6a0.jpg (23KB, 600x567px) Image search: [Google]
6a0.jpg
23KB, 600x567px
Whenever I attempt to draw from imagination, I almost always am never able to replicate what I learn from observational drawing. Does that mean I'm not doing something right even when I capture the figure correctly in terms of construction and gesture when figure drawing?
>>
>>2706157
Figure out what you are struggling with most when you draw from imagination. Then, next time you do a study pay attention to the parts you tend to have trouble with.
>>
someone post the link

you know which one i'm talking about
>>
>>2706167
https://design.tutsplus.com/articles/why-is-it-so-hard-to-draw-from-imagination-heres-how-to-do-it--cms-22967
>>
>>2706169
Good shit. Starts like a shit would, but gets good.
>>
File: shrimping.png (370KB, 653x3801px) Image search: [Google]
shrimping.png
370KB, 653x3801px
>>
File: using references.png (3MB, 600x6667px) Image search: [Google]
using references.png
3MB, 600x6667px
>>
>>2706261
Id argue that for beginners that as long as your not tracing the reference that you still learn something from it. (basic anatomy and understanding of what poses are actually possible.)
If you just make up poses that dont make sense no amount of ref will make it look right.
>>
>>2706259
>>2706270
Master art of shrimping first
>>
>>2706270

Not really, if you keep drawing your piece will also adapt, as well as pose. And it will be also be to your liking because you will start with referencing in such way things that seem most important for you/to which you want to draw the largest amount of attention and care.

By the time you'll have hands, and be drawing torso in reference to those, you'd make sense of them working together or you'll immediately see perspective error/something wrong.
>>
>>2706259
>that fucking font
FUCK ITS UGLY
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.